• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys seen this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1246317

it's probably the greatest nintendo product in over a decade.
Dope as heck!
Please, snes next. Please.
This, this and this again!
What a monster. Congrats.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

Credits to lashman for tweeting the storepage.
Incredibly great news out of nowhere!

Ah, kinda hoping for a complete edition but there are already plenty DLC. No biggie, will wait for a good deal on the complete collection.
vCMRqxX.png
Truly a great comedic actor. He totally makes the movies he's in.
tumblr_n4gw0kBHOh1tzn03yo1_400.gif

Deques

It says that Nintendo Classic Mini will have 30 games pre-installed. Does it mean that you can buy more games for it?

Is there any Wii-to-PC adapter? Would to play with the NES controller with Steam games too :)

It says that Nintendo Classic Mini will have 30 games pre-installed. Does it mean that you can buy more games for it?

Is there any Wii-to-PC adapter? Would to play with the NES controller with Steam games too :)

Bluetooth. Plug controllers into a wii remote and connect that to the PC (I guess). I hope the newNES has wireless capability. That is an incredible list of games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It means you don't need to do anything to access them. The press release makes no mention of functionality beyond HDMI and the two controller ports, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the extent to which it has any sort of connectivity.

Nzyme32

^^ It's Klocki. Keeping with the minimalist theme the name isn't even on the picture icon.

Some lunatic finally bought my Infinity Runner Foil overnight after 22 months so to celebrate I bought it.

So, minimalist puzzle game by the same person behind Hook. This time you are matching lines on puzzle pieces to create a path by replacing one with another, sliding them or rotating them and in later levels sometimes all at once. To add complexity you can even rotate entire sides or even just parts of the sides. While the game never gets too complex, there is a level of difficulty in the last few puzzles that requires a bit of thought and planning.

The soundtrack is very soothing and the graphics great reminiscent of Zenge, not by this author, but without the overarching story.

I have no idea how many levels there were (50?, 60?), keeping with the minimalist theme there is no counter or selection scene, could have used one. The game ended when it wrapped around to the first level again. The game only took me about an hour, but for the very minimalist amount of less than one dollar, Klocki is a great little game worthy of your time.

Was going to ask about this after seeing it pop up. Will buy it!

Bluth54

It means you don't need to do anything to access them. The press release makes no mention of functionality beyond HDMI and the two controller ports, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the extent to which it has any sort of connectivity.
Letting people connect to the Nintendo eshop to buy more games seems like it would be an amazing way for Nintendo and third party publishers to make even more money on this. Of course its such a good idea and so easy to do that they probably won't do it.

Ludens

Banned
So, what's exactly the benefit of having 16 GB of RAM?
I mean, ok, you should achieve faster loading times, but in example, why Obduction has 16GB recommended? What can happen if you play it with only 8 GB?
It seems absurd to me, not even GTAV is so demanding, I just smell bad optimization here. Is there at least another game on Steam recommending 16GB of Ram?

This is what Cyan says for reference:

http://obduction.com/468-2/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Shit ya. Plan on buying a few myself and will make nice Christmas gifts for the brothers.

What's weird for me is that I actually already own physical cartridges of all 30 of these games - but having a small HDMI-connected device that plays them on a modern system with little effort is a big draw. Also going to send one to my dad (who bought me my first NES for Christmas 1986) and my wife is sending one to her dad as well.

Also - Final Fantasy.

rahji

I just calculated the estimated time for my backlog with howlongtobeat.com with the times for the main game. I landed at 250 hours. I wonder when I will be able to complete that backlog. Sometime in the middle of it there comes a sale and I am back at 250 hours.

r3n4ud

What's weird for me is that I actually already own physical cartridges of all 30 of these games - but having a small HDMI-connected device that plays them on a modern system with little effort is a big draw. Also going to send one to my dad (who bought me my first NES for Christmas 1986) and my wife is sending one to her dad as well.

Also - Final Fantasy.
Not having to bust out the cartridges is a huuuuuge plus. Man, these things are going to be the Chistmas item.

Someone hold me

Nzyme32

Also - Final Fantasy.

Ha! I still own a NES too, with just over half the games listed, but I have no idea about having to set it up with the RF adaptor thing which I don't think TV's support anymore. What annoys me is that I simply want to have some sort of guarantee of a perpetual library from Nintendo. I would be thrilled to by the old Nintendo games again through their Store, most ceretainly if they had a PC service. Sadly that is unlikely so this sort of thing in a micro-console is ok.

Jimrpg

Have you guys seen this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1246317

it's probably the greatest nintendo product in over a decade.

If this thing doesn't take physical carts (old or brand new specifically made for this system) they are missing a huge opportunity. The fact that it only takes 30 games, people are going to get bored of it and want more games. They should continue selling physical carts or have an eshop to buy more games. They could even do 10 in 1 carts for $20-30 to get people interested. The carts would make great Christmas presents.

Always interesting to see people think Kepler is suddenly dead. My 770 still runs what I need it to at better than console settings so... lol? Still itching for that 1070 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom