• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thought you wanted to take a break and slow a bit with work?
I'm sure there are others who could take this work off your shoulders if you'd like.

Nah, I love doing the OT every month and it's something I look forward to.

I would rustle up a recommendation for something but I'm so busy with work and life at the moment that I doubt i'd have time. Might send you something mid moth if that's ok shacks?

That'd be fine, or feel free to skip over July as there isn't a whole lot coming out. August is looking pretty decent with Armikrog, Overlord, and One Piece though.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I actually have a theory currently about the Arkham Knight port due to the texture thing that likely the version of the game the team received to base the port off of wasn't the final version of the game. A lot of what people are describing reminds me a lot of a few other terrible ports I've seen, and I find a big part of those other cases usually happen to be partially about the team in question no having the final source code to work with.

Tizoc

jshackles, I'd like to add a game recommendation but said game already released this month, though on the one hand the release date hadn't been announced til June anyways.
It's a platformer game that I recently beaten and one It hink fans of SHovel Knight and Freedom Planet should def. try out.

Parsnip

Holy fucking shit. This is just plain sad and depressive.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=169639529#post169639529
That almost looks like it has got something to do with
Poison Ivy
According to this post, that's exactly what it is.

Minor spoiler from early in the game
Ivy is in that building and once she leaves she makes the flowers there bloom I believe.
The missing AO on the tiles is real though :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
jshackles, I'd like to add a game recommendation but said game already released this month, though on the one hand the release date hadn't been announced til June anyways.
It's a platformer game that I recently beaten and one It hink fans of SHovel Knight and Freedom Planet should def. try out.

Go ahead and PM me the recommendation and I'll take a look. Usually I'd say no but like I said next month is kinda dry so I might be able to find a place for it.

As far as shitty AAA PC Ports, this has to be up there as one of the worst, right? I mean, Unity was a shit show, but I don't think it was even THIS bad.

I would rustle up a recommendation for something but I'm so busy with work and life at the moment that I doubt i'd have time. Might send you something mid moth if that's ok shacks?

oh hey, welcome back. Now change your damn Avatar!

Arthea

time for first impressions of Castaway Paradise Complete Edition.

I've spent something like 5 hours with a game, can't really tell precisely because I idled it too, but something like this.
It's the first Finnish Harvest Moon/Animal Crossing type game we have on PC, so it's a serious matter. That's why early impressions.

The game is very simple, something I imagine the Harvest Moon (that's not Harvest Moon) we are going to get will be. Besides of being simple and ugly, the worst part is mouse controls that doesn't work any good in a game relying on clicking so much. Devs are updating and fixing a game still, so I won't complain too much, seeing as some of my previous complains are already fixed. Now onto details.

good
customization
lots of activities
lots of lost of collectibles
daily unlockables
quite funny dialogue at times

bad
general simplicity of gameplay
still some bugs (many already fixed)
mouse controls are not particularly good right now
waiting times aren't especially mellow, that's not really a big problem with so much to do so far, but some waiting is involved, or just roaming around waiting for things to happen, respawn, grow, etc.

ugly
looks

I'd say that anything bellow 5€ is a steal if you are into this particular genre and want something to play on PC, even sub 10€ is worth it, imo, until we wait for other games finally to be released.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
As far as shitty AAA PC Ports, this has to be up there as one of the worst, right? I mean, Unity was a shit show, but I don't think it was even THIS bad.

Well dead rising 3 was also a shitshow.

Can't think of any truly terrible that wasn't one of theses three.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

A fast-paced adventure game with the focus on flow, you will be let loose in a big open world where nothing will stop you but yourself. Playing as an old broken racing robot accidentally dropped from a giant repair-ship, onto a post-apocalyptic earth.

The ship stops at a fuel station and could be leaving at any second. Broken and unable to move you have to use the environment to gain momentum and get to the ship in time!

ypzb.jpg

People Can Fly never seemed like a good fit with Epic. Bulletstorm was awesome as hell but it got the shitty EA Partners kiss of death that other great games got, like Shadows of the Damned. Gears Judgment was a result of a generation that went on too long and seemingly half cooked from what my buddy (a huge gears nut) told me.

Good to see them getting their wings back.

Knurek

People Can Fly never seemed like a good fit with Epic. Bulletstorm was awesome as hell but it got the shitty EA Partners kiss of death that other great games got, like Shadows of the Damned. Gears Judgment was a result of a generation that went on too long and seemingly half cooked from what my buddy (a huge gears nut) told me.

Good to see them getting their wings back.

Their wings left ages ago to work on Ethan Carter though.

I might have to tap Amazon up for a refund on AK which I imagine will be no questions asked. Wonder how they'd remove it from my Steam account though as I doubt they'd be doing that. Might end up being a sort of win-win situation.
They'll issue you a refund, but it will remain on your Steam account. A friend of mine got a Steam game from Amazon once and it didn't run. Amazon refunded him but obviously couldn't remove the game from his Steam account. IMO, don't buy games outside Steam if you think you might want a refund.

cyba89

Reminder: Don't visit the Arkham Knight steam board or you might get spoiled by some ass on the first page in the thread title. -.-

*Sigh* Should have known better.

Tizoc

Why do some people think there is a correlation between pre-orders and bad performing games? Or am I just thinking that?

Phinor

Holy fucking shit. This is just plain sad and depressive.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=169639529#post169639529

So much misinformation about the status of the PC version. The PC version isn't missing those textures and it isn't missing those trees. But at some point anything negative is assumed to be true because that's how people are on the Internet. I bet very few people read the follow-up explaining those images, it's only the negative thing (which again isn't true) they end up reading and spreading forward.

I think we're the only two people on GAF who know/care about that site
and know how to read.
:)

Edit: With that being said, that has to be the worst video game book bundle they've ever run. The only one I even remotely care about is The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers, and I'm not plunking down $12 just for that. I usually get all of their game book bundles but may actually have to pass this time.

fantomena

So much misinformation about the status of the PC version. The PC version isn't missing those textures and it isn't missing those trees. But at some point anything negative is assumed to be true because that's how people are on the Internet. I bet very few people read the follow-up explaining those images, it's only the negative thing (which again isn't true) they end up reading and spreading forward.

So why ain't the tree there?

I think we're the only two people on GAF who know/care about that site
and know how to read.
:)

I've bought from StoryBundle before (hell, I've talked about the 3.0/4.0 Video Game book bundles before), but this one isn't really for me. I already have the Chrono Trigger Boss Fight book from a previous bundle, and Bible Adventures isn't all that interesting to me.

Phinor

So why ain't the tree there?

Lower texture settings, didn't have enough VRAM to stream all that data in, story reasons? I don't know what caused the issue for this individual. The tree is there for other people playing the PC version.

Anyway, my point was that I've seen that same link posted on five different websites in a matter of minutes and no one has bothered to mention or follow up with another post saying the images don't actually represent the PC version.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Reviews
“What a lovely videogame!”
Our moms

“Dude, why is the text pink and why does this exist?”
Some dude online

&#8220;1 l1k3 tH1s G4eM!! <3&#8221;
Yet another dude

1 friend wants this game

lashman pls

Werd

Doorkickers received an update along with the iPad release, has touch control available on PC. Tried it out on my Surface Pro 2, works quite well as far as I can tell and has cloud saves so I think I might actually play it some there.

Man, all WB/Rocksteady/IG has to do is tell people when to expect the next patch. their collective silence is deafening right now and makes me fear that getting AK up to snuff isn't going to be a simple task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom