• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Valve reconsiders making cards drop only after two hours, or at least modifies it so that it only affects known abusers of refunds. It's going to be awful for some games, like Stranded. I managed to finish that game in under 30 minutes, and the cards already took about an hour to fully drop.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I never used PlayFire because frankly GMG didn't seem like the kind of company I'd want to trust with any of my information, even a link to my Steam ID if I can at all avoid it. Of course since they don't allow me to actually remove my information, I need to put fake information there.

Hence:
9feGIOp.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

That's not a source. That's extrapolating a hyper-literal definition of the word "we" from fluff throwaway language any representative of any company would say. Until I see some receipts, I'll continue to assume Sony only has enough equity in the project to ensure it doesn't release on other consoles.

Here's what I do know about the project:

It's being co-developed by Nelio, a mobile game studio founded by Takeshi Hirai, who played key roles in Shenmue 1 and 2. They are most likely using the design documents and work already done by Yu Suzuki and Ysnet for Shenmue 3.

Production and promotion is being handled by Shibuya Productions/Shibuya International, their president, Cédric Biscay, is serving as co-producer on the title. My own personal assumption is that the bulk of the funding is coming from here.

Backlogger

can someone explain to my why Idle Master isnt working for me?
i know FOR A FACT i still have cards for Axium Verge because ive never played it yet

Its probably not an issue with Idle Master itself, but either an issue with Steam OR Steam intentionally throttled card drops.

Also I just got a Bad Rats booster pack...

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So that xbox 360 emulator is making good progress it seems like, some xbox live arcade games almost fully playable.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So that xbox 360 emulator is making good progress it seems like, some xbox live arcade games almost fully playable.

Our dreams of playing Shadow Complex on PC are one step closer

GAF>Internet>GAF :p

An interesting side effect of someone posting that to Reddit is that the Idle Master group membership has almost swelled to be larger than the Enhanced Steam group, and that I've already seen a few thousand more downloads of IM this morning than usual.

MUnited83

For you.
They should at least make so the drops stack and are locked into the 2 hour minimum. By this I mean that cards would drop at the normal rate, but they only actually appear once you reach 2 hours of playtime. Not perfect, but it would be a good compromise imo

Did I miss something from Microsoft's press conference, or did they silently bury Kinect in the backyard for this year?

I remember it being rammed all to hell last year. Guess that didn't work so well.

MUnited83

For you.
Do you have a quantum CPU? With quad way GTX 1280?
(what's 'playable' so far are pure 2D Cave games, that originally ran on a 133 MHz SH3 CPU)
Thats how it begins. Dragon Ball RB is playing at a good framerate( with shitloads of graphical bugs, but still)

DocSeuss

I know I'm incredibly late to the party, but

I really like State of Decay, even though it's pretty poorly constructed.

It's not the perfect zombie game, but it's the best zombie game I've played yet.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do you have a quantum CPU? With quad way GTX 1280?
(what's 'playable' so far are pure 2D Cave games, that originally ran on a 133 MHz SH3 CPU)

life_finds_a_way_jurassic_park.gif

Seriously though, I can wait until a) consumer grade components are more powerful and b) the emulation code becomes much more efficient. Both of these things are likely happening at a pretty steady pace.

Arthea

my idlemaster doesn't work, because my badge page is still inaccessible, I finally gave in and contacted steam support, not that it will do anything, most likely
still if it's not 2 hour issue, you might wanna check can you access the badge page, because if browser can't, idlemaster can't either.
This sale is nothing but disaster after disaster for me.
Well, at least E3 delivered, you can't have everything

Phawx

I never used PlayFire because frankly GMG didn't seem like the kind of company I'd want to trust with any of my information, even a link to my Steam ID if I can at all avoid it. Of course since they don't allow me to actually remove my information, I need to put fake information there.

Hence:
9feGIOp.png

Great minds think alike

0aRye9h.png

Turfster

Did I miss something from Microsoft's press conference, or did they silently bury Kinect in the backyard for this year?

I remember it being rammed all to hell last year. Guess that didn't work so well.

Kinect's dead, just like 3D gaming and just like VR will be in a few years

komorebi

my idlemaster doesn't work, because my badge page is still inaccessible, I finally gave in and contacted steam support, not that it will do anything, most likely
still if it's not 2 hour issue, you might wanna check can you access the badge page, because if browser can't, idlemaster can't either.
This sale is nothing but disaster after disaster for me.
Well, at least E3 delivered, you can't have everything

Weird, mine's working fine here but I am noticing a 2+ hour minimum for cards as others have mentioned.

Dsyndrome

Of course the first achievement I get in Cities is Unpopular Mayor. I mistakenly made the drain too close to the water pump and ran out of money and loans. I suck at this game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
How finished is planet explorers? I know a lot is planned but I've had an eye on This for awhile

Haven't played it but I do follow it as part of my Kickstarter tracking project. As of this month it is version 0.88, and they have a good record of consistent updates (both in terms of news updates for fans and in terms of software updates). I would rate this a very low risk of not being finished and based on the version number probably pretty advanced.

I don't know how you make a half life 3 game today that is as revolutionary as the last 2. I feel like VR might be the type of thing that would be perfect for a half life game but if Valve announced HL3 as a VR exclusive their HQ would probably be burned to the ground

dex3108

I really wonder what reaction would be for HL3 announcement? And i wonder how long would Steam be down when HL3 store page went up? XD

Phawx

I don't know how you make a half life 3 game today that is as revolutionary as the last 2. I feel like VR might be the type of thing that would be perfect for a half life game but if Valve announced HL3 as a VR exclusive their HQ would probably be burned to the ground

Believe it's been said that they would make it exclusive to anything

Hektor

The evil within is really awesome. Why did this game got trashed by the reviews? Was it like Alien: isolation where the most reviewer where just to stupid for the game?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The evil within is really awesome. Why did this game got trashed by the reviews? Was it like Alien: isolation where the most reviewer where just to stupid for the game?

Pretty much that and lack of patience to look how to properly tackle the challenges in the game.

Haven't played it but I do follow it as part of my Kickstarter tracking project. As of this month it is version 0.88, and they have a good record of consistent updates (both in terms of news updates for fans and in terms of software updates). I would rate this a very low risk of not being finished and based on the version number probably pretty advanced.

wonderful I will give it a chance then. thanks

Sch1sm

Something like that. If you're talking Steam reviews, though, we all know how unreliable those are, lol.

They probably couldn't handle the fact the option to spray enemies with bullets wasn't available.

Grief.exe

I've always wondered how reviewers have shaped the game industry of today. Game reviewers seem to prefer simplistic mechanics and shallow games, which now make up the vast majority of the AAA market.

Was this perpetuated through the consumers? Or was it done artificially through terrible reviewer taste?

Sch1sm

Hack Run. Talk about mass availability. Android, iPhone, Apple Watch, Windows, Mac, Kindle.

These comments:

"What's cool, is that it gives me the feeling that Watch Dogs should have."
"...gives me the kind of sense of bad-ass hackery that Watch Dogs should have."
"...if you want to play a good hacking game, don't play Watch Dogs play Hack RUN."
- Game Hounds (jump to 42:40)

"Playing Hack RUN is like living Watch Dogs."
- Pop Matters

Seanspeed

Banned
Dark Souls 1 wont start for me. I haven't played it since I had that temporary beta version of the non-GFWL version or whatever. I verified the game integrity and it downloaded something, it changed the name of the game back to simply Prepare to Die edition like before, but it wont start.

Anybody know what's up?

I really wonder what reaction would be for HL3 announcement? And i wonder how long would Steam be down when HL3 store page went up? XD

I wouldn't even bother when they will announce it. The wait is just killing it (just like DNF) and trust me it won't have the wow effect HL2 had at that time, HL2 and Source Engien at that time were playing almost alone, and there were very few engines to compete with them if not none, that is why HL2 looked spectacular. Now, there is a wide plethora of effective and impressive engines, and after seeing the Source Engine 2 leaked video and screens at GDC this year (not the 2011 ones since it would be better to forget them), this engine has no chance to impress and stand out among the other engines. That's the risk of taking too much time, the competiton won't stay arms crossed.

I wouldn't even bother when they will announce it. The wait is just killing it (just like DNF) and trust me it won't have the wow effect HL2 had at that time, HL2 and Source Engien at that time were playing almost alone, and there were very few engines to compete with them if not none, that is why HL2 looked spectacular. Now, there is a wide plethora of effective and impressive engines, and after seeing the Source Engine 2 leaked video and screens at GDC this year (not the 2011 ones since it would be better to forget them), this engine has no chance to impress and stand out among the other engines. That's the risk of taking too much time, the competiton won't stay arms crossed.

I wouldn't say that, graphics (or engine) aren't HL3's main selling points. I'd take a new HL done in Source 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom