• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

Ready for
MTE4MDAzNDEwOTQ3NTczMjYy.jpg

Even though I won't buy more than like 10 things anyway (my wishlist is soon empty after 4 years yay!).

Just got an email from GMG with a 40% off Arkham Knight or AK Premium Edition. It's BATMAN-ARKHAM-SAVE40 and I bought the Premium for £36. If anyone is interested, seems a crazy deal.

Asgaro

I didn't receive a Windows 10 Upgrade notification on my system. (Windows 7 64-bits SP1)

Guess MS knows my desire to NOT upgrade till the last day I'm eligible. :p

My reasons:
- I like Aero Glass very much. (Win 10 will introduce transparency so that's a good thing!)

- I've read reports over the last years of some games not working on Win 8 while they did on Win 7. Considering I plan to eventually complete my backlog, and this backlog has lots of older games and indie games, I will play it safe and try to stay on Win 7 as long as possible.

- I feel honestly "proud" (if that can be a thing) of still using Win 7 and not giving in the Win 8 trend. Let's face it, in hindsight: Win 8 was a mistake. It's nothing but trash.
Win 10 will improve upon a lot of things people hated about Win 8. One being the GUI: it won't feel like 2 different environments (desktop vs mobile) pasted together awkwardly.
I like consistency in UX and Win 8 clearly didn't provide that.

MS doesn't have to win over current Win 8 users: they are suckers and will upgrade anyway, considering they even accepted that awkward Win 8 thing.
Win 7 users on the other hand: MS needs to prove their new OS doesn't have the negative points of Win 8.
So far it seems I will like Win 10. (Tried it in VirtualBox). But will still stay with Win 7 as long as possible within the free upgrade period.

edit:
Just got the notification. lel.

Vazduh

I didn't receive a Windows 10 Upgrade notification on my system. (Windows 7 64-bits SP1)

Guess MS knows my desire to NOT upgrade till the last day I'm eligible. :p

My reasons:
- I like Aero Glass very much. (Win 10 will introduce transparency so that's a good thing!)

- I've read reports over the last years of some games not working on Win 8 while they did on Win 7. Considering I plan to eventually complete my backlog, and this backlog has lots of older games and indie games, I will play it safe and try to stay on Win 7 as long as possible.

- I feel honestly "proud" (if that can be a thing) of still using Win 7 and not giving in the Win 8 trend. Let's face it, in hindsight: Win 8 was a mistake. It's nothing but trash.
Win 10 will improve upon a lot of things people hated about Win 8. One being the GUI: it won't feel like 2 different environments (desktop vs mobile) pasted together awkwardly.
I like consistency in UX and Win 8 clearly didn't provide that.

MS doesn't have to win over current Win 8 users: they are suckers and will upgrade anyway, considering they even accepted that awkward Win 8 thing.
Win 7 users on the other hand: MS needs to prove their new OS doesn't have the negative points of Win 8.
So far it seems I will like Win 10. (Tried it in VirtualBox). But will still stay with Win 7 as long as possible within the free upgrade period.

And what are those other things that (other) people hate in win8 (except modern UI)? Because I've been using it for 2 years and there is not a single reason why I would return back to win7.

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday! :)

Happy Birthday Bosstones.

Happy Birthday~

This is a terrible image and you shouldn't use it :/
Have an awesome cake though

Happy B-Day MMBosstones86 :D

Happy Birfffday!

Happy birthday

Happy Birthday MMBostones

Wszystkiego najlepszego z okazji urodzin

Happy birthday! =D

Happy birthday :D

Happy Birthday MMBostones

Thanks guys!

happy bday mr boss

i have no gaming comments to make

so i'll just say game of thrones still sucks

getout.gif

MadGear

So my cousin visited me yesterday to pick up some of my old PS3 games he hasn't played yet because he seems to be running low on games on his PS4 right now.
He revealed to me that he has never played Half Life 2 before so I thought he should give it a try ... and oh boy, do I regret this decision. He barely made it through the very first chapter because he was constantly lost always complaining about the lack of UI elements that tell him where to go. I could have told him but I wanted him to figure it out himself but in the end he proved to be super impatient. He also didn't do too well fighting the combine soldiers, not totally unexpected since he rarely plays shooters with a mouse but he also always forgot to check his health because he is so used to the regenerating health system. In a way watching him play that game that I loved so much back then and doing so poorly at it slightly pissed me off.

And wow, I just browsed through the upcoming releases on Steam and was surprised to find Super 3-D Noah's Ark in there. Had to rewatch the AVGN episode :D

derExperte

I'm still waiting for a good argument against sending birthday wishes as PMs. They do nothing but shit up this thread as did the 'thanks' posts for ModBot wins.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'm still waiting for a good argument against sending birthday wishes as PMs. They do nothing but shit up this thread as did the 'thanks' posts for ModBot wins.

Happy Birthday.

Maniac

Banned
Yo peeps, what's the easiest way to not have all your games uninstalled when you want to uninstall and re-install Steam?

Just moving the SteamApps folder(s granted you've got several SteamLibrary locations)?

Although I'll probably need to go scavenger-hunting for savegames. -_-

Hope I did it right.

At work, we have to bring cookies/donuts on our birthdays. I assume this applies to SteamGAF as well.

You guys are great.

ModBot said:
Instructions for MMBosstones86:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MMBosstones86, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Witcha 3 -- MB-E2E66DC4A5B51615 - Taken by BruteUA. 41 entrants total.

t1433249532z1.png

Ruruja

Good arguments -
Not everyone is as grumpy and miserable as you.
There are considerably less birthdays than ModBot giveaways.

Dr Dogg

Moving is just a stressful pain in the arse that every other fucker makes much worse than it needs to be.

Great work on the thread Shacks

Almost had a panic attack when I saw the 980Ti prices, then saw the actual UK retail prices and that alleviated my teeth nashing somewhat.

Speaking of funky new PC tech, Corsair seems to be cooking up something new in the small form factor space. The Bulldog. http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/landing/bulldog

I need some sleep.

Nice, just noticed I'm over 1000€ in market sales total. 1031,08€ to be exact. That's pretty much only trading cards, or stuff related to it. Not too shabby in 2 years. It's not dead yet.

dex3108

oh, are we supposed to be outraged over a cgi trailer?

Let me get my pitchfork

Nope we just be reasonable and wait in game footage month before launch :D Also if you are public person like she and other Twitch/YouTube personalities are you need to understand that you are responsible for your actions. If you are hyped before game is even shown many of our followers will follow that hype. And that is exactly what PR wants. :D

I still remember my arguing with friend of mine before TR2013 when i was asking for Tombs in trailers and he was so hyped that he tried to convince me that there is no way that TR game will be without epic Tombs. And we all know how many Tombs were in TR and what they looked like. :D

If someone can mod out the blur and mod in a camera that isn't comletely ass, Type-0 PC might be pretty cool.

EDIT: Still waiting for Lightning though

Jadax

Because I want to enter that Witcher 3 giveaway :(

ModBot said:
Instructions for Jadax:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jadax, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Company of Heroes 2 The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West -- MB-D89EEC520507454A
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat Steam Key -- MB-996621C0C15EAC2E - Taken by fspm. 2 entrants total.
Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul (DLC) -- MB-D50E3B8D8DD1AE25

t1433165052z1.png

Arthea

Happy birthday mister bostoned

ya, the typo is on purpose

If someone can mod out the blur and mod in a camera that isn't comletely ass, Type-0 PC might be pretty cool.

EDIT: Still waiting for Lightning though

I couldn't believe my eyes, I don't think I've ever seen so much blur in my life, not even exaggerating.
in a game I mean

MaxiLive

I also want in on that super generous Wither 3 giveaway so here are some awesome racing games :D

ModBot said:
Instructions for MaxiLive:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MaxiLive, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Grid -- MB-A070B147F74E00EF - Taken by Kuroyume. 2 entrants total.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-35B8E145756D6C7E - Taken by C-Drive. 1 entrants total.

t1433165772z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom