• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

sure, and it probably is, you just don't see that kind of contempt for any other bad game

I'm having trouble finding these mean reviews. I just read the Softpedia and Destructoid reviews, and they seemed reasonable to me. It just seems like a mediocre indie game without much of a purpose.

derExperte

I like CGI trailers, screw the haters. "B-but they are not real representation of the final product", first of all, no fucking shit, second of all, not even gameplay videos nowadays, why not just enjoy them?

CGI game trailers are like if a movie trailer showed nothing but concept artwork. Can't get excited for that one bit, I'd prefer bullshitty gameplay but understand why publishers will show less and less to avoid shitstorms.

Because internet.
Reminds me of all the JW haters.

Can confirm, I grew to hate both.

I'm having trouble finding these mean reviews. I just read the Softpedia and Destructoid reviews, and they seemed reasonable to me. It just seems like a mediocre indie game without much of a purpose.

Steam reviews are positive too though mostly short and wannabe-funny.

Bigby

Oh look, that was fast:

Early Access.

Feel free to create a thread.

Edit: It should work now, next time I'm on mobile, I'm just gonna post link...

zkylon

zkylewd
As one of the resident first-person-experience hawkers, it's my duty to inform everyone that Shape of the World now has a Kickstarter. Wander a vast, colorful wilderness that comes alive and changes itself in response to collecting the appropriate markers. For those who wanted more out of Proteus, this is it.

I'd actually had a chance to speak with project lead Stu Maxwell some months back, where we batted back and forth the idea of feeling "lost" in an adventurous, fun way like when we were kids. The pleasure found in getting lost in a mall at a very young age and stumbling across stores we didn't know were there. The joy in finding a new and beautiful piece of land crafted by nature over millions of years, and all the drama you can extract from the telltale signs of battling the elements, plant growth and traces of animals that once called it their home.

They have a really good sense for what they're after, and I think the more "alive" nature of the world would do well to solve some peoples' problems with more static places like how Proteus presented. Though, I utterly adore Proteus, so...

looks pretty

but not my kind of thing

I complain about people hyping the fuck out of CGI trailers.

But that's only a thing because people are fucking sheep.

I'm personally more of a sodding goat.
why do u care what other ppl hype?

I really don't get why people expected a gameplay trailer. Its pretty much a lock for the MS conference in 2 weeks. I mean why would they release it now? Makes no sense. Its gonna be their big game which they will market and bundle to death this holiday.
dunno, i really don't follow the "trailer release schedule" lol

After watching Kingsman: The Secret Service, Microsoft aggressively pushing the free Win10 upgrade to everybody is making me very paranoid. haha

Got enough cents from card selling to grab some of the good (>=75% off) deals during the summer seal, I am ready! (thanks jshackles)

Turfster

Looks like more stores are doing 40% off preorders for Batman Kumquat.
This doesn't bode well.

Also, happy birthday MMBosstones86

CGI game trailers are like if a movie trailer showed nothing but concept artwork. Can't get excited for that one bit, I'd prefer bullshitty gameplay but understand why publishers will show less and less to avoid shitstorms.
I love me some concept art, and it's not like game companies would only release one trailer during the promotion periods.

Maniac

Banned
To expand my earlier witcher 3 recruitment stuff: they are optional, unlike in some Bioware games, which is nice. Those quests feel personal, I did them because I like those people and I wanted to help them, and they won't die just because I didn't run errands for them. At first I didn't know I could recruit people, I helped them without ulterior motives, and in turn, they help me back. Less benefits exchange more bro-ups.

I've played like 40 or 50 hours and I have no idea what you're talking about...

... Something to do with Kaer Morhen? ;'0!?

faux-edit: I do recall
making Kiera, Keira, however it's spelt, go there fer' protection... Hmm

Anyway, I really hope that, whenever we see a new Witcher game, it'll be about... Either rebuilding one of the Witcher schools, or about one of them in their glory-days... There's soooo much stuff there, y'know?

welp

PBF032-Todays_My_Birthday.gif

i'll try and do a giveaway later, Nuuvem doesn't let you buy multiple copies of a game you own, but I'll figure something out.
Happy birthday stone! Have a nice day with your family - now that you're no more a duo, it's an actual family!
Hope I did it right.

At work, we have to bring cookies/donuts on our birthdays. I assume this applies to SteamGAF as well.

You guys are great.
Nah man, you are great. Really nice of you. I have it on GOG already but your generosity is appreciated.
Moving is just a stressful pain in the arse that every other fucker makes much worse than it needs to be.

Great work on the thread Shacks

Almost had a panic attack when I saw the 980Ti prices, then saw the actual UK retail prices and that alleviated my teeth nashing somewhat.

Speaking of funky new PC tech, Corsair seems to be cooking up something new in the small form factor space. The Bulldog. http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/landing/bulldog

I need some sleep.
Hope your move goes well but then again, it's a perfect occasion for unexpected troubles :p
Are you in London btw - asking if it's really that pricey as they say?
Wow the lighting is really good. Usually footage looks very stylized but here it could fool someone as real footage.
Kind GAFers? They're few and far between... though a few did pop up when FreshVegemite was spreading lashman's lies about my birthday.
Now you can be certain at least that many people love you ;)
I don't talk about my birthday. It's possible that my birthday was on the day FreshVeggie thought it was -- but there is no actual record of what the real day is on the internet, so it's up to whether or not you believe Veggie's source (*cough*lashman*cough*) was correct.
I didn't say a word about my sources!
Never play Day1. It's fundamental.
Knew it. SE has been very PC friendly lately. Makes only sense. That 15 demo will come too.

Glad it's coming.
Wow, so soon?! Windows 8 is officially going to be least used OS I have ever used :O
Hope there will be a clean install way and not just update.
No, that is one of the good tracks. Dang, can't find the one I mean on youtube. It was almost always blarring in the first Vizima parts. Hated it.
As one of the resident first-person-experience hawkers, it's my duty to inform everyone that Shape of the World now has a Kickstarter. Wander a vast, colorful wilderness that comes alive and changes itself in response to collecting the appropriate markers. For those who wanted more out of Proteus, this is it.
Gorgeous. Gaming has come a long way.
Not sure if this is a cool idea. But since everybody is shouting it's their birthday everyday I thought it would nice to have a list of birthdays.
Feel free to enter your birthday. I already entered MMBosstones86 and my birthday in the list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-vt9Ec-zCvQxpDTUAoG3IkMi3IMs8zCV4kdwpDHCXgY/edit?usp=sharing
That's a really great idea!
Just for anyone who may have never tried it out - you should - Steam In-Home Streaming is a beautiful thing.

Ice makes it all the more awesome.
First time hearing of ICE. Thanks, bookmarked.
Eh? Was expecting something else. It's just a case.

I've played like 40 or 50 hours and I have no idea what you're talking about...

... Something to do with Kaer Morhen? ;'0!?

faux-edit: I do recall
making Kiera, Keira, however it's spelt, go there fer' protection... Hmm
Something like that, and you could recruit many more.

lol alright spin, you win.

I publicly apologize for calling Vizima music shit.

But I stand for the one track I can't find being shit!

Maniac

Banned
Something like that, and you could recruit many more.

Nice.

I just came. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh look, that was fast:

Early Access.

Feel free to create a thread.

Edit: It should work now, next time I'm on mobile, I'm just gonna post link...
Double cumbo!

... I'm so sorry.
Just kidding, I'm not.

Glad to see Lego finally got off their arses and pursued that Minecraft dosh. Better late than never, just hope it lives up to its promise.

zkylon

zkylewd
cool, new xcom

i hope this one is less buggy

Because I've grown weary and tired of hearing the very same people complain when games don't live up to their own inflated, hyped expectations.

i generally find it's a bad idea to care too much about other ppl's hype process, nothing good can come of it. if someone else is super hyped by something just let them, it's very hard to push against 100 million dollar marketing campaigns and hopefully they'll learn from their disappointments

personally i like cgi trailers cos i can get something enjoyable from games i'll likely never play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom