• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Witcher 3 1.05 Patch (Release Monday or Wednesday)
Marcin Momot said:
Hi everyone,

As you know we don't stop working to keep bringing you new updates - I just wanted to give you a heads-up of what to expect in the upcoming patch. The list below is a part of the change log for the 1.04/1.05. There will be a lot more fixes on the way - here's the breakdown of the most requested changes:

- Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
- General stability and performance improvements
- Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
- Improved camera smoothness
- Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
- Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
- Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
- Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
- Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
- Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
- Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
- Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
- Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
- Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
- Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
- Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
- Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest
- The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
- Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach

Hmm, that's not how I would describe Roach the Magical Flying Horse, but if it fixes it I shall be content.

sprinkles

Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
Playing the game on my 46" TV I often have difficulties reading letters/notes etc in the game. Why are there no simple menu toggles for the size of the text? My biggest beef so far with the best trading card game released this year.

Tizoc

Did I mention I am getting a Sony W600B HDTV? Gonna be interesting to see what some of my games will look like on that thing >=3

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Conrad Link, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Majestic Nights -- MB-7D2FB6E88DE85790 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 4 entrants total.

t1433141230z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
thanks folks <3

EDIT: seems like that ladder can't rank by the number of games
trying to see where our JaseC stands

Last I checked, I was 8 on Astats. SteamDB's list is flawed as it includes press accounts and games added via Free on Demand subs whereas Astats uses your Steam Community game count.

Was it Derrick or someone here that said P1 was OK and so was P2?
Is the P1 port bad or something?

Wasn't Derrick the guy that hated everything? I refuse to believe his exacting standards let Prototype 1 through to "acceptable" territory, considering the state of it.

Anyways, the port of Prototype was fine, I guess. I personally had some trouble playing it, with crashes and errors of several varieties, but I'm willing to accept that was something on my end.

My problem with Prototype is purely gameplay-wise - to the point that its' only redeeming factor is the premise upon which it is built. It's filled with middling-to-bad combat and straight-outta-the-90's gameplay; in many ways it feels like an anachronism. Worse still, the storytelling, visuals, and gameplay combine to create a hazy, incomprehensible nightmare that's no fun at all. Prototype holds a distinction as one of the few games I quit playing entirely purely out of disdain.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I just got a notification about Windows 10, I signed up. You had a damn good run, Windows 7!

I used to be a snowman with a heart of gold.
And then a GAFer told me I was an idiot for being generous and not taking care of myself.

Now I'm not generous anymore. Thanks GAFer. You know who you are!

Corrosive please, you don't strike me as a person who'd let one ass hat cripple your character like that? Why on earth do you give one single gaffer the power to change the way you behave?

Copons

- Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.

I'm basically crying right now, considering I've turned off and on again virtually every single candle in all White Orchard, Velen and Novigrad, and I expected to do the same in Skellige, but apparently I won't yeeee!

Miguel81

Did I mention I am getting a Sony W600B HDTV? Gonna be interesting to see what some of my games will look like on that thing >=3

Start by setting it to PC mode. That's the first thing I did with my LG and the image quality was a lot better for it.

Aard and Igni. Done.

Lol, I might want to try that later.

Going from witcher 3 straight into batman, good times.

Not a fan of Batman games.
It'll be ESO after Witcher 3, and Phantom Pain in September. I'm all set for 2015.

I'm basically crying right now, considering I've turned off and on again virtually every single candle in all White Orchard, Velen and Novigrad, and I expected to do the same in Skellige, but apparently I won't yeeee!

I wonder if anyone have looted every single chest and bags in Novigrad yet.
That would be an achievement. No, I'm not bothering with that lol.

Uzzy

Looks like we'll see some Rise of the Tomb Raider gameplay footage today. Can't wait to see how many bullet sponge grunts Lara mows down this time.

Arthea

Phantom Breaker isn't an easy game, who could have thought? Anybody actually managed to finish it on nightmare?

Miguel81

Looks like we'll see some Rise of the Tomb Raider gameplay footage today. Can't wait to see how many bullet sponge grunts Lara mows down this time.

The snowy locale is bit more of my interest than the island, but I'm also expecting a metric ton of shootbang. The Anniversary days are long past.

I'm still not ready for that. :/

And how about games support/compatibility?

I'm expecting better performance on AMD. For more recent games at least.

dex3108

Featuring epic, high-octane action moments set in the most beautiful hostile environments on earth, Rise of the Tomb Raider delivers a cinematic survival action adventure where you will join Lara Croft on her first tomb raiding expedition as she seeks to discover the secret of immortality.

Yeap sounds like Tomb Raider XD

dex3108

I'm guessing the Windows 10 upgrade free option is a one time use case and specific to a device; In which case I won't be able to jump aboard as I intend to build a new PC within a year of it launching, and damn it I want free stuff for a change

Well as i said before Windows 8 upgrade was tied to PC where you did that upgrade at first. Also you for fresh install you had to install Windows 7 first and then do upgrade to Win 8. They later changed that and now you can do fresh Win 8.1 install from ISO file and do full format. Also i had to call MS support few times when i changed my HDD and Graphic Card to reactivate Win 8.1 and they did it without any questions asked. So there is chance that you will be able to transfer your Win 10 licence. Call MS Support and see what they can tell you.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I didn't know that Shinyloot and GOG keys from Groupees expire T_T

...What?

Edit: Thank you for that, my Bloodrayne codes were about two weeks from expiring. What else expires on groupees?

Double edit: Nevermind, I see there's an Unused Other Key category.

milena87

I wonder if anyone have looted every single chest and bags in Novigrad yet.
That would be an achievement. No, I'm not bothering with that lol.

I looted everything from every building I've entered into. I would loot outside as well, but there are too many guards...

My Geralt is a klepto and he has been since TW1.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I encountered this couple of times on groupees, with desura keys, now I know these can expire.
gog keys? I'm not sure they do.

Just did my Bloodrayne 1 and 2 keys, they had an expiration date for a few days from now.

Mivey

I'm guessing the Windows 10 upgrade free option is a one time use case and specific to a device; In which case I won't be able to jump aboard as I intend to build a new PC within a year of it launching, and damn it I want free stuff for a change
I heard something about you getting a key once you do the upgrade.
So you could simply use that to install Win 10 on the new PC. Just don't expect the same key to activate two pcs at the same time. Though you do have to wonder how they would detect and stop that. Their MS account thingy is optional, after all.

dex3108

I heard something about you getting a key once you do the upgrade.
So you could simply use that to install Win 10 on the new PC. Just don't expect the same key to activate two pcs at the same time. Though you do have to wonder how they would detect and stop that. Their MS account thingy is optional, after all.

Well Windows activation needs internet connection or you need to call MS Support. In both cases they can check if serial key is already used.

wilflare

...What?

Edit: Thank you for that, my Bloodrayne codes were about two weeks from expiring. What else expires on groupees?

Double edit: Nevermind, I see there's an Unused Other Key category.

I encountered this couple of times on groupees, with desura keys, now I know these can expire.
gog keys? I'm not sure they do.

Just did my Bloodrayne 1 and 2 keys, they had an expiration date for a few days from now.

yeap a bunch of Shinyloot and GOG keys expired on me (these keys were from my Groupees bundles) sigh

for Indieroyale - anyone know if the desura keys are automatically added to your desura account? - my IR and Desura account are one and same

Chariot

i can sell it to you easily

you've already started and gone through the other ones. might as well go all the way in and finish gloriously
Ha. I still haven't finish Angels.

Les paquets de cartes valent assez chère qu'ils font un profit même après leur achat avec des gemmes?
No, Gem prices are horrible. Can't work with that anymore :(

Ce jeu a une quantité incroyable de seins. Obtenez ce jeu , vous pouvez donc profiter de cette aventure remplie avec des seins appétissants.

Que la fête commence.
Those things are ugly as hell in the Sakura games. Thank you, but no thank you.

Looks like I am still safe to play with Nep-Nep and friends \o

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I have fallen off the face of the Steam world. Since Binding of Isaac came out I've barely played anything else. This upcoming Steam is going to test my resolve.

Arthea

yeap a bunch of Shinyloot and GOG keys expired on me (these keys were from my Groupees bundles) sigh

for Indieroyale - anyone know if the desura keys are automatically added to your desura account? - my IR and Desura account are one and same

not automatically, no. There is a one click link that adds all bundle to your Desura library, but you still have to click it.

edited: I strongly suggest doing it the moment you buy a bundle, because if you forget, you can get into situation I had, the steam key is added to an existing desura game, but while adding it to Desura after steam key addition, no steam key is generated whatsoever.

wilflare

not automatically, no. There is a one click link that adds all bundle to your Desura library, but you still have to click it.

edited: I strongly suggest doing it the moment you buy a bundle, because if you forget, you can get into situation I had, the steam key is added to an existing desura game, but while adding it to Desura after steam key addition, no steam key is generated whatsoever.

eh wait. can you explain the edited bit again?

I was just poking around in the Steam forums for Assassin's Creed Unity to see if they had actually gotten around to fixing the game. Well, the stickied thread for patch notes was last updated in February for patch number 5. The forum itself is mostly dead with half of all threads asking whether they can run the game and few threads getting many replies.

So the question is, did those 5 patches fix all the issues with the game or was it abandoned?

I'll literally buy anything released on Steam that's Final Fantasy, usually day one and full price. I'm thinking of picking up Heavensward even though I don't have an active sub to XIV nor a high level character. Yep, I'm a sucker.

I've been wanting to get into FF14 with a friend. I was even willing to get over the hump of the monthly subscription which is something I've generally been against ever since I stopped World of Warcraft. But then I found out that you can't actually play the expansion content until you have finished all the dungeons and story in the base game. I don't understand how this is a good idea. Every other MMO lets you enter expansion zones as soon as you hit the level cap. And I've seen how deserted older zones can get once a new expansion hits. I don't know if I'll even be able to find groups to finish the old stuff before I'm allowed to move on. The whole idea is kind of putting me off the game right now.

Running Win10 on a standard HDD will be hell for me.

Bloody hell 1 TB SSD's! Drop down in price now!

If Amazon is smart, they will do an SSD sale around when Win 10 releases.

That might be wishful thinking on my part but damnit I want to buy a new one too :p

Arthea

eh wait. can you explain the edited bit again?

I forgot to add a bundle to my Desura account, the game inquestion was not on steam, it released on steam much later. The steam keys were added to Desura games. I had no game on Desura, because I never added the bundle. I added a bundle to Desura afterwards, the steam key option never appeared for that particular game. Unfortunately I already don't remember which game that was.

edited: it's not often that steam keys are added directly to Desura these days, but why risk?

zkylon

zkylewd
They used to have a "download this gallery as zip" in there, but it's not there anymore like most of the other good features they used to have.
So what I did was I used a userscript to grab all the image links from a gallery, and then just plopped those into a download manager and went for a coffee while it downloaded.

And after that it turned out I had all of the screenshots backed up anyway, so I wouldn't have even needed to do that.

how do you use this?

wilflare

I forgot to add a bundle to my Desura account, the game that was not on steam, it released on steam much later. The steam keys were added to Desura games. I had no game on Desura, because I never added the bundle. I added a bundle to Desura afterwards, the steam key option never appeared for that particular game. Unfortunately I already don't remember which game that was.

edited: it's not often that steam keys are added directly to Desura these days, but why risk?

thanks! gah all these things are quite problematic :/
btw, let's say Game A is on Indieroyale and Desura
IR gives a Steam Key for Game A
Desura also gives a Steam key for Game A
are they the same key?

EDIT: for those waiting on their Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy keys from Nuuvem - they are back up, just got mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom