• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
welp

PBF032-Todays_My_Birthday.gif

i'll try and do a giveaway later, Nuuvem doesn't let you buy multiple copies of a game you own, but I'll figure something out.

Happy Birthday

Dr Dogg

This graph is all kinds of depressing with my 770 down there.

Have you actually tried overclocking your 770? You should be able to get 100Mhz on the core without too much difficulty unless you got a pig of a chip and depending on what ASIC quality your card is rated at you might end up getting decent boost clock speeds too.

Maniac

Banned
Is the amount of storage space you have in your Steamcloud (for screenshots and such stuff) based off of how many games you own, or is it just a set, static amount?

Asking because I just found out I have double-digit gigs of screenshots on my cloud.

derExperte

This graph is all kinds of depressing with my 770 down there.

Why? If you ignore the absolute high end (which eats copious amounts of energy, is comparatively loud and imo costs too much) the 770 still holds its own. Of course sometimes you get the impression everyone on GAF owns at least two Titans but who cares.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
As one of the resident first-person-experience hawkers, it's my duty to inform everyone that Shape of the World now has a Kickstarter. Wander a vast, colorful wilderness that comes alive and changes itself in response to collecting the appropriate markers. For those who wanted more out of Proteus, this is it.

I'd actually had a chance to speak with project lead Stu Maxwell some months back, where we batted back and forth the idea of feeling "lost" in an adventurous, fun way like when we were kids. The pleasure found in getting lost in a mall at a very young age and stumbling across stores we didn't know were there. The joy in finding a new and beautiful piece of land crafted by nature over millions of years, and all the drama you can extract from the telltale signs of battling the elements, plant growth and traces of animals that once called it their home.

They have a really good sense for what they're after, and I think the more "alive" nature of the world would do well to solve some peoples' problems with more static places like how Proteus presented. Though, I utterly adore Proteus, so...

yuraya

this

are we complaining about trailers being cgi now?

I really don't get why people expected a gameplay trailer. Its pretty much a lock for the MS conference in 2 weeks. I mean why would they release it now? Makes no sense. Its gonna be their big game which they will market and bundle to death this holiday.

Milamber

Have you actually tried overclocking your 770? You should be able to get 100Mhz on the core without too much difficulty unless you got a pig of a chip and depending on what ASIC quality your card is rated at you might end up getting decent boost clock speeds too.
I turned it off after GTA V kept stuttering. I'll turn it on to see if Witcher 3 plays nicely.

Why? If you ignore the absolute high end (which eats copious amounts of energy, is comparatively loud and imo costs too much) the 770 still holds its own. Of course sometimes you get the impression everyone on GAF owns at least two Titans but who cares.
I kinda concentrated between the 970 and 770 difference compared to the 670 and 770. It's a big jump.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I own everything "Final Fantasy" here besides Heavensward ;)

As spindoctor says below, you need to finish the main questline as it stands (each patch up to 2.55 added more quests to it) before you can even enter the new expansion area so I wouldn't recommend buying it yet, unless you feel like being a JaseC.

It's really just a JaseC thing. I found that out while researching the game for this month's recommendation, and I was a little disappointed. More to the point it's a "vote with my wallet" kind of thing so that stuff like this can happen:

10/10 would double dip

C-Drive

Just for anyone who may have never tried it out - you should - Steam In-Home Streaming is a beautiful thing.

Ice makes it all the more awesome.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Which one is Type 0, I haven't kept up with Final Fantasy releases after XIII was shit.

This one

It was originally released on the PSP in Japan, then re-released in "HD" on PS4 and Xbox One.

rtcn63

Anyone?

ModBot said:
Instructions for rtcn63:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (rtcn63, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Warhammer 40,000 -- MB-F8CDCABC25850540 - Taken by NightmareTrigger

Haunted

This one

It was originally released on the PSP in Japan, then re-released in "HD" on PS4 and Xbox One.
Original universe? Tie-in? Spinoff? Unrelated game with the FF brand slapped on it a la Warriors of Light? I don't get the context in which this is called Final Fantasy tbh.

game itself looks ok-ish

jshackles

Original universe? Tie-in? Spinoff? Unrelated game with the FF brand slapped on it a la Warriors of Light? I don't get the context in which this is called Final Fantasy tbh.

game itself looks ok-ish

It's basically an unrelated game with the Final Fantasy brand slapped on it, although it shares a bit of the mythology with Final Fantasy XIII. The game itself is pretty good (not great) but has a large cast of characters that all have a pretty unique playstyle. It's an action RPG rather than the traditional turn-based system usually seen in FF games.

The worst part of the HD remaster was that they didn't remaster a lot of the textures that ended up looking quite terrible. Like there were some levels where it felt like I was playing the PSP game stretched out on my 55 inch TV. Hopefully with a PC release modders can come in behind Square Enix and finish the job with higher definition texture mods.

KingKong

It's funny how the downright mean the reviews for Hatred are, it's like people who were first talking about how it shouldn't be made are jumping over themselves to show how they dislike it and how bad it is

Nabs

It's funny how the downright mean the reviews for Hatred are, it's like people who were first talking about how it shouldn't be made are jumping over themselves to show how they dislike it and how bad it is

It could just be bad. Even TotalBiscuit called it dull.

all the time, I see it all the time on gaf, not so much in the steam thread
I like CGI trailers, screw the haters. "B-but they are not real representation of the final product", first of all, no fucking shit, second of all, not even gameplay videos nowadays, why not just enjoy them?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I like CGI trailers, screw the haters. "B-but they are not real representation of the final product", first of all, no fucking shit, second of all, not even gameplay videos nowadays, why not just enjoy them?

Because internet.
Reminds me of all the JW haters.

wilflare

hmm do you guys actually use an Excel sheet or something to manage your spare codes?
EDIT: Evernote doesn't seem like a good way to manage a large amount of data

To expand my earlier witcher 3 recruitment stuff: they are optional, unlike in some Bioware games, which is nice. Those quests feel personal, I did them because I like those people and I wanted to help them, and they won't die just because I didn't run errands for them. At first I didn't know I could recruit people, I helped them without ulterior motives, and in turn, they help me back. Less benefits exchange more bro-ups.
Because internet.
Reminds me of all the JW haters.
JW?

Jawmuncher

To expand my earlier witcher 3 recruitment stuff: they are optional, unlike in some Bioware games, which is nice. Those quests feel personal, I did them because I like those people and I wanted to help them, and they won't die just because I didn't run errands for them. At first I didn't know I could recruit people, I helped them without ulterior motives, and in turn, they help me back. Less benefits exchange more bro-ups.

JW?

Jurassic World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom