• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

how do you use this?
A little late on this, but if you still need to know, it depends on your browser I suppose.

On firefox it's a greasemonkey script.
You click 'search' on your minus gallery, it will make a list of all the direct links there, you click 'select all' and I then use DownThemAll's "one click selection" to download them all.
Like so.
6nT5Mto.jpg

Yay!
welp

PBF032-Todays_My_Birthday.gif

i'll try and do a giveaway later, Nuuvem doesn't let you buy multiple copies of a game you own, but I'll figure something out.
HBD!

Woot!
I hope they Finnish put troops in there this time. I demand Finnish troops.

C-Drive

Holiest Balls! Now that's awesome.

Valve just need to release the Link.

Yeah, I was waiting on the Link - then I realized I had a laptop that would work just as well so I set that thing up this weekend.

First time hearing of ICE. Thanks, bookmarked.

It's might be a little bit confusing in getting it set up. Here's a decent video tutorial.

In the video he lets his ROMS folder exist in his user folder which is weird to me (and the default way Ice works), but you can change the location of this folder in the config.txt.

The grid images for games are pulled from this site: ConsoleGrid. With In-Home Streaming, you have to manually add the custom icon on your streaming device, as it doesn't pull custom images from the host machine.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Console players just need to understand that the latest XCOM wouldn't exist if it weren't for the PC.

I'm sure they'll understand.

zkylon

zkylewd
not much to take from that xcom2 trailer other than new enemy types, new robot soldier thingies, the other flying robot thingie, etc.

all sounds cool (tho i'm not a fan of snakes -___-), i hope they do a better job with bugs and balance and just add tons of content

A little late on this, but if you still need to know, it depends on your browser I suppose.

On firefox it's a greasemonkey script.
You click 'search' on your minus gallery, it will make a list of all the direct links there, you click 'select all' and I then use DownThemAll's "one click selection" to download them all.
Like so.

hmm thanks, but i duno if i wanna bother with that, specially since i don't use firefox too often

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-C6EF6186328675C2 - Taken by Belgarion

91% positive reviews

take it!

Anteater

And console players started whining because XCOM 2 is PC exclusive.

There's nothing wrong with demanding a game to be released on the platform they already owned and showing interest, just as people here will ask for a pc port for everything ever.

morningbus

Firaxis' office got flooded and PC rescued all their kittens. True story.

No one would be crazy enough to fund a new game in a proven franchise from a proven developer.

But then the PC came in and gave these young upstarts the chance to make their dream game.

derExperte

There's nothing wrong with demanding a game to be on the platform they already owned, just as people here will ask for a pc port for everything ever.

Difference being that the same posts in a thread about a PS4 exclusive would get shouted down and result in a slew of bans.

....aaand there's the first who works all day with a PC and can't deal with one at home.

baterism

Now I need to actually finished XCOM EU and get EW during summer sale.

Last time I got burned pretty bad when 90% chance sniper shot seemed to miss 1 in 3 chances, I was just fuck this. Then forgot about it. This time maybe I should read the manual first.

Hektor

Difference being that the same posts in a thread about a PS4 exclusive would get shouted down and result in a slew of bans.

....aaand there's the first who works all day with a PC and can't deal with one at home.

Just wait for the comfy-couch to drop.

Dr Dogg

Wait XCOM 2 is a PC exclusive? Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

I mean I'm all for sharing but I find this quite the rib tickler.

Type-0 on PC!! FUCK YEAHHH!

Since the Agito announcement, I had the feeling that it was happening :p

Oh well, I hope they say something about Lightning Returns soon, so we can have the whole Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy subseries on PC :D

I'm still on the #NoVITAnobuy initiative. SquareEnix can go choke on it.

less and less of a reason to own a Garbage4 :/
maybe I should sell mine soon

You're dead to me.

Don't worry... when it doesn't do enough on PC, they'll port it to x1 and ps4, just like every other game that's had the PC version remastered for the "current" gen (Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, DmC, Shadow Warrior, etc.).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

It's such a weird situation when the PC gets a AAA exclusive sequel to a multi-platform game.

Knurek

It will get a PS4/XB1 GOTY edition like all the other recent PC RPGs (Wasteland, D:OS)
Those crafty studios are just using us a cheap QA before they release on platforms that matter.

morningbus

I'll revisit my comments in the legendary, legitimate April Steam thread regarding port begging:

I think there is an argument to be made that there is no such thing as PC port begging, but that thread would get locked.

Port begging is usually worthless, as it is just a moan that "ugh, this game I'm interested in isn't on the exact machine of my choice" as, generally, the machines in question have similar benefits and negatives. It's all about your needs. It's selfish.

However, the PC is the only platform that has the advantage of indefinite forwards compatibility at the best quality. It's the only platform with a selfless reason to want games on it.

It will get a PS4/XB1 GOTY edition like all the other recent PC RPGs (Wasteland, D:OS)
Those crafty studios are just using us a cheap QA before they release on platforms that matter.

See, knurek knows what's up.

If I can almost fly myself to the US and back just to buy one, then yes, it's a ripoff =p

So, since I can fly myself to Portugal and back for the cost of one, it's a ripoff here too, right?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
it's 2015 and TT still doesn't think that including a windowed mode in their games might be a good idea .... well, looks like I won't be playing LEGO Worlds any time soon then

Just watched a Windows 10 guide video of Microsoft.

Not sure about this part.

http://a.pomf.se/qigmdf.gif[IMG]

Touch first Office? Huh.[/QUOTE]

that particular part is Windows 10 Mobile

Oh wow... I've managed to rack up 52 hours in The Witcher 3: the Wild Hunt. This game has done for me what few others have ever done. It's given me a sense of wonder and has managed to draw me completely into its world. The only other two games to do so were Zelda OOT and my first exposure to the Elder Scrolls series (Morrowind- still the best ES game I've played).

And LEGO Worlds just dropped in EA. Bought that straight away for the whole family to try. Hope it is decently fun and easy to get into. Gonna give a whirl before my sons and wife try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom