• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

With Type-0 coming to PC and the 'rumours' of P5 and Tales of Zesty also coming to PC... I guess I really don't need a PS4 yet.

r3n4ud

Oh wow... I've managed to rack up 52 hours in The Witcher 3: the Wild Hunt. This game has done for me what few others have ever done. It's given me a sense of wonder and has managed to draw me completely into its world. The only other two games to do so were Zelda OOT and my first exposure to the Elder Scrolls series (Morrowind- still the best ES game I've played).

And LEGO Worlds just dropped in EA. Bought that straight away for the whole family to try. Hope it is decently fun and easy to get into. Gonna give a whirl before my sons and wife try it.
Let us know what you think of lego in its current state. Debating whether to pick it up now or not.

Anteater

With Type-0 coming to PC and the 'rumours' of P5 and Tales of Zesty also coming to PC... I guess I really don't need a PS4 yet.

where

I'd buy P5 even though I'm kind of sick of persona after spending several hundred hours just on 3 and 4

Jawmuncher

I know about ToZ, but P5? Tell me about it.

More like wishful thinking. Would line up with sega wanting to do more digital and PC stuff. But seems Atlus branch isn't fully under sega since they can still kinda do whatever they want it seems. Though a big title on PC would be the way to start things.

Hugstable

Banned

Type-0 is coming to PC? Hopefully it allows you to finally fix that awful camera. Stopped playing after a few hours, i don't see how anyone could deal with the camera and it's blur. It was terrible and was a fast track to motion sickness

Teggy

Yass. If this graph ic accurate then there is no need to upgrade as of yet.

6jxb.png

My dual 780s are only giving me a score slightly better than a 980. Is this just my CPU holding my score down?

no big loss.
a-shocked-mr-bean.gif

Speak for yourself!

Being two of my favorite series, I'll have to get a PS4 at some point.
come to think of it ... was there EVER a Sony game (that wasn't made by SOE, naturally) that made its way over to PC?
Not sure. But definitely nothing of their major franchises. Out of the big three only MS is not too concerned with keeping stuff fully exclusive forever.

Anteater

my gedosato pshash-whatever-you-call-it-thing-for-hudless-screenshots keeps breaking in resident evil rev 2, I have to find a new one like 3 times now just in ep 1 alone

Dr Dogg

It's such a weird situation when the PC gets a AAA exclusive sequel to a multi-platform game.

Absolutely crackers to be honest. I would understand it the other way round like usually happens. Haven't looked into any finer details but if XCOM 2 is going to be running on middleware like UE3/4 again cost for versions for the current gen two and added QA isn't going to be that much higher and certainly not something the likes of 2K/TakeTwo would sniff at if there was money to be made. I though XCOM did alright on PS360, not PC numbers mind but it looked to chart solidly on release. To add to the oddity is that I found the 360 pad controls much better than keyboard and mouse too.

Don't worry... when it doesn't do enough on PC, they'll port it to x1 and ps4, just like every other game that's had the PC version remastered for the "current" gen (Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, DmC, Shadow Warrior, etc.).

It will get a PS4/XB1 GOTY edition like all the other recent PC RPGs (Wasteland, D:OS)
Those crafty studios are just using us a cheap QA before they release on platforms that matter.

Yeah that's not even close to this situation though. What you have with Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs and DmC were multiplat release published on all available platforms at the time and then had a tarted up version ported to the current consoles when they were out a year or two later. Then Shadow Warrior and Divinity OS are relatively small fry compared to the likes of XCOM and not having 2K publishing them who have a fuckton more money and a more safe product to market that making it exclusive to anything would be daft, let alone the platform where their isn't a sugar daddy to money hat them.

Jawmuncher

Bloodborne is duckin amazing though. Best game of 2015 so far.

It's good but I still don't think you're missing out too much if you've played the other souls games. Then again though if you've played the others you might as well play them all.

do i start up witcher 3 now or do i wait in hope that the 1.05 patch drops to continue getting xp?

I played all weekend and didn't notice any lack of XP.

baterism

More like wishful thinking. Would line up with sega wanting to do more digital and PC stuff. But seems Atlus branch isn't fully under sega since they can still kinda do whatever they want it seems. Though a big title on PC would be the way to start things.

Mostly rumour mongering based on VC.
That's why I put quotes on it, nothing official at all.

I'd sure love for it to be right though.
Same with ToZ.

Still nothing concrete then.

Isn't ToZ practically bagged now that other games that leaked at the same time actually released? Bladestorm:Nightmare is spot on. Also Akiba's Trip. One which still puzzling me is what the hell does Devil Third:Online means? I thought it was Nintendo's.

wilflare

I have to say this is one of the lazier insult names I have ever seen. It makes "M$" look like a work of Shakespeare by comparison.

I'm sorry... :(
I own a PS4... but it's been collecting dust really.
I tried it for 30mins the other day... :/ nothing gripped me
(maybe it was just the FFXV demo... it wasn't very good to me)

I'm still on the #NoVITAnobuy initiative. SquareEnixcan go choke on it.

You're dead to me.

I'm on #NoVITAnoBuy... why am I dead to you :/
and I thought we were on the same page on the PS4 :/

I'm getting increasingly convinced of this

no big loss.

Milamber knows what he is talking about

a-shocked-mr-bean.gif

Speak for yourself!

Being two of my favorite series, I'll have to get a PS4 at some point.

Not sure. But definitely nothing of their major franchises. Out of the big three only MS is not too concerned with keeping stuff fully exclusive forever.

Milamber speaks the truth...
you don't really need the next Uncharted or anything like that.
if you want movie games, there's plenty of that everywhere!

EDIT: Uncharted, inFamous, etc are some of my fav Sony IPs... but I'm not sure if that can even keep me interested in PS4

It's good but I still don't think you're missing out too much if you've played the other souls games. Then again though if you've played the others you might as well play them all.

Nonsense.
That's like saying "well, if you've played Dark Souls 1 & 2, there's no reason to play Demon's Souls." Which is 100% absolute bullshit.

Jawmuncher

Nonsense.
That's like saying "well, if you've played Dark Souls 1 & 2, there's no reason to play Demon's Souls." Which is 100% absolute bullshit.

I'll give you 60% bullshit. They're all worth playing for souls fans. But there's plenty who didn't like Demons and liked Dark and Vice versa. Kind of where I sit, didn't mind BB, but outside its setting I would take Either demon or Dark over it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Nonsense.

True. There will always be the reason of seeing just how inferior it is to the Dark series.

Anteater

uplay store is the worst, all those links just lead me to their front page because I'm apparently in poland or something and those links are of different region

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
do i start up witcher 3 now or do i wait in hope that the 1.05 patch drops to continue getting xp?

Are you adamant about doing ever single thing there is to do in the game in one playthrough? Are you only ever going to play it once, even if you are? Do you absolutely have to max out your characters ability tree?

If the answer to any of those is even a tentative no, I'd say go ahead and start playing. I don't think the XP thing is a big deal, and the game is very deliberately designed for replayability. They're also talking about maybe getting the XP you lose out on back when the patch comes. Maybe.

Jawmuncher

Are you adamant about doing ever single thing there is to do in the game in one playthrough? Are you only ever going to play it once, even if you are? Do you absolutely have to max out your characters ability tree?

If the answer to any of those is even a tentative no, I'd say go ahead and start playing. I don't think the XP thing is a big deal, and the game is very deliberately designed for replayability. They're also talking about maybe getting the XP you lose out on back when the patch comes. Maybe.

As I said I played all weekend and was swimming in XP, think i'm like level 28 now just doing the main quests and the more important (to me) side quests. Still something that needs to be fix, but I understand now why they didn't make a big deal out of it.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Why Early Access?
“LEGO Worlds will be a fully open-world, creativity-driven game so we want to ensure that we provide it with the utmost care and attention as we expand on our ideas. So much of this game will be about building and sharing and by sharing our plans with the community, we hope to incorporate their feedback and build an experience together that fans of LEGO and this genre of video games can enjoy.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“The current plan for LEGO Worlds is to be in Early Access through 2015 at which point we hope to have our full list of features in place. We’ll evaluate a release candidate in early 2016, but we won’t consider the game complete and ready for release until we believe our community feels we have delivered a great game.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“We plan to add the following features through a series of regular updates:

• Like/Dislike system for tailoring World Generation
  • Procedurally Generated Underground Cave Networks
  • LEGO ID integration to allow for sharing and uploading of in-game builds
  • Additional Biomes
  • Painting Themes
  • Pre-Generated Towns/Villages/Settlements relevant to the Biome
  • Updated AI Behaviors to provide organic feeling to free-roaming creatures and characters
  • Red Brick Extras
  • Full liquid behaviors
  • Additional Minifigure Characters and Creatures
  • Additional Vehicles and Pre-Built Models
  • Additional Weapons
  • Cut/Copy/Paste chunks of landscape
  • Underwater Gameplay (including Vehicles, Creatures and additional sea life)
  • Character Customizer
  • Online Multiplayer”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“The Early Access build currently features:

• Procedurally Generated Worlds
  • Terrforming and Building tools
  • Discoveries and Unlocks
  • Rideable Creatures and Vehicles
  • Day/Night Cycle”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“Yes, the game will be available at a reduced price during Early Access”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“We’ll be actively monitoring the Community Hub here on STEAM and look forward to feedback and suggestions for the game. We'll also be offering people a chance to experience the Development of a LEGO title for the first time, and several members of the team will be providing some interesting dev diaries over the coming months.”

interesting

I'm on #NoVITAnoBuy... why am I dead to you :/
and I thought we were on the same page on the PS4 :/

Originally, PS4 didn't really matter to me. Then it got Bloodborne and everything changed. That Uncharted 4 gameplay looked pretty nice as well, especially since I currently have no information on getting Rise of the Tomb Raider on a platform I own.

So now you're on the opposite of me, we agree about PS4 no more. :p

Milamber

i'd rather have my cake topped with strawberries than without if it meant waiting a bit more.

zkylon

zkylewd
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bund..._medium=social&utm_campaign=bundle+nightmares

1HEART
Betrayer
Guns n Zombies
Kraven Manor
Montague's Mount
The Moon Sliver
The Path
The Samaritan Paradox

out of the games in that bundle only one i played is samaritan paradox and while i didn't play it during my happiest hours i just thought it was kind of bad

like, had the foundations for a cool adventure game, the code cracker concept was pretty cool, but the puzzles were pretty awkward and sometimes requiring some weird linearity that was just not great, and the story felt underdeveloped even if it has some cool twists to it

edit: nvm i remembered i played some of the path. didn't like it, but can't quite remember why

Dr Dogg

Haven't they been posting yearly losses for the last few years?

2K a subsidiary of TakeTwo Interactive, who have a couple of billion alone in assets. That's a far cry from the likes Larian and Devolver. Putting out version on other platforms is not an issue of cost but could be more along the lines of insufficient ROI, maybe the project is being artificially strung out like we've seen with GTAV (although as I said above seems the wrong way round with choice of platforms), who knows but it strikes me as odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom