• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been reviewed 255 times and the current standing is "Very Positive". I'm sure there are at least a few that go into some depth if you need more convincing.

I'm sure you meant this to be solely informative, but I can't help but detect a bit of the irritation I normally feel when reading questions like this underneath it. ;)

NeoGafs sale thread. If that is down, you can always use SteamDB.

Isthereanydeal
Neogaf Sales thread
CheapAssGamer is also pretty useful

The NeoGAF sales thread is normally a cesspool of randoms asking if a particular game is "worth" a certain sale price, if games on sale are expected to go lower later in the sale, or discussing the meta-game of the moment. Sorting through all that to find the sales data is more work than it's worth.

Occasionally Toma puts together this "indie games/overlooked deals" thread that you can use to find some really cool things you may have overlooked. But other than that, your best bet is to check Steam itself, check your wishlist, or go through isthereanydeal if you have a specific game in mind.

Witcher 2 is such a feast, oh Lord Almighty.
Jaws were dropped constantly.

The step-up from Witcher 1 is insane. The polish, the much more varied character models. The superb animations. The transitions. The stupidly high detailed assets. The much better feeling combat. The consistent voice-actors for characters :p

Unbelievable that this is the direct sequel. What a tremendous jump in quality at every single front.

I was starstruck at the very short sequence in the sewers :O
Good God! The water, the reflections, the textures, the models, the lighting... wait I can light up the torches as well, let me try OH MY GOD IT GETS EVEN BETTER !

xhgih9X.jpg
9N38VyZ.jpg

I am having such a blast. Like the characters so far. Roche, Foltest, Triss, oh Triss. She has them high poly-counts where they matter.
Convinced Aryan La Valette at the beginning to stop fighting. Feels good being diplomatic.

There's no way I would have enjoyed the same or pulled through with Witcher 1 after playing Witcher 2 first. Good times ahead.

Only thing I miss are more AA options.

Vamphuntr

Someone makes a witty 'Valve makes no games' joke. Cue four pages of quoting and laughing.

Is there a forum that's like NeoGAF ca. 2010? I'm not delusional and asking for the quality from earlier than that but there must be something better than what we have now.

The bigger place the worse it gets. There's at least a dumb your favorite X thread every single day on gaming side followed by a fan fiction thread of what would you do if...(nonsense).

Just look at the patcher's thread. The first page is basically everyone saying the same one liner.

Deques

Would this be a bad idea? Since steam changed how traveling/living abroad works. I got put in the country I am currently am, which locks me out of my American paypal.

If my sister logs in under my account and buys something with my paypal. Would that be okay?
I think that would be bad idea, but I am not sure. If your account is set to Taiwan and you try to purchase something from USA Steam then I think it is not possible.

Someone else might clarify it

Shizuka

isthereanydeal

NeoGafs sale thread. If that is down, you can always use SteamDB.

I tend to use this personally
steamsales.rhekua.com

Is there any deal has graphs that show the prices over time for any game you search for, though it doesn't organize by sale itself so you'll have to look at the dates.

isthereanydeal

also make sure to import your wishlist and set parameters/filters so that you can get email alerts when something goes on sale. Very convenient site.

Isthereanydeal
Neogaf Sales thread
CheapAssGamer is also pretty useful

Thanks, guys! Weird that I've searched for Trails in the Sky and it's showing me a current lower price than it already is, does that "isthereanydeal" website track your location?

Spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Lucid -- MB-5F7930CF9644BF98 - Taken by dot
Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome CE -- MB-1EC5751274E2E856 - Taken by dave is ok
Governor of Poker 2 Premium Edition -- MB-181F12EF924EB989 - Taken by didamangi
Lost Chronicles of Zerzura -- MB-B1540364FCA3197F - Taken by Diedac

Lain

. Incorrect. Sadly, many of the major fixes are not a mod. Definitive edition is the way to.go.

It was a godawful fucking terrible game. Some mods made it decent, the definitive edition finally madenit good.

I knew I liked you for some other reason than your duck avatar.

shitty weekend. grandpa died. he was a big theatre figure in my country so i've been at 2 different services all day yesterday and today

here's Uruguay's president dedicating a minute of silence to him earlier today, which I thought was cool and uploaded to YT

https://youtu.be/VWLeqGEE_iY

damn you gramps it was free witcher time

love y'all, hug yo gramps

Condolences man.

Lain

The NeoGAF sales thread is normally a cesspool of randoms asking if a particular game is "worth" a certain sale price, if games on sale are expected to go lower later in the sale, or discussing the meta-game of the moment. Sorting through all that to find the sales data is more work than it's worth.

Occasionally Toma puts together this "indie games/overlooked deals" thread that you can use to find some really cool things you may have overlooked. But other than that, your best bet is to check Steam itself, check your wishlist, or go through isthereanydeal if you have a specific game in mind.

Discussion in the thread aside, JaseC is making the thread (right?), so if anything I expect it to have an informative and always up-to-date OP with links to specific posts for past updates of deals etc, making at least looking at the OP a pretty good resource for people that don't want to dig around to look for daily deals or what they missed on.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I said wow.

Slightly blurry, but the level of detail is leaps and bounds above the RE1 HD REmaster. Well done, Capcom.
Yeah I'm still waiting for a low price on REmake, but I'd buy this outright. I wonder if they just straight up lost the assets for the first one but for some reason still had these around.

SpyGuy239

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SpyGuy239, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution -- MB-E7D8DEC5A3D279DE - Taken by Dice. 3 entrants total.
Company of Heroes Complete Edition -- MB-E2FED692207EA856 - Taken by Vazduh. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2 -- MB-B438643325307B0C - Taken by gurm3n. 6 entrants total.
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine -- MB-C5F8E9161087FCC5 - Taken by Bayonetta. 8 entrants total.
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II -- MB-D21DACFA4395DEDA - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West -- MB-39BC301371C9C773 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.

t1433816506z1.png

Good luck Guys. Enjoy!

Corpekata

Banned
Surprised Zero is so far off, even having a Steam page already. Would have made a good Halloween release.

Though I guess they're just hoping to release it around the same time as REmake, which sort of makes sense, it released in a typically less crowded time of year.

Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective Collection is now available. You might have heard of it.

Buy the cases individually for $3 a piece or buy all 3 for the low price of $5. 10% off first week, so it's even cheaper.

I believe this is what they tried to Kickstart a while ago.

Heard of it? I've played the original! It was fun...ish....for an early 90s game. But now, the "wow" factor of FMV games on CD-ROM is gone, and it would be exposed for the shallow experience that it is.

Discussion in the thread aside, JaseC is making the thread (right?), so if anything I expect it to have an informative and always up-to-date OP with links to specific posts for past updates of deals etc, making at least looking at the OP a pretty good resource for people that don't want to dig around to look for daily deals or what they missed on.

And how many posters on NeoGAF look at the OP for anything?

Salsa

lol

Surprised Zero is so far off, even having a Steam page already. Would have made a good Halloween release.

Though I guess they're just hoping to release it around the same time as REmake, which sort of makes sense, it released in a typically less crowded time of year.

Is there a date on RE:0 HD or whatever we're calling it?
When I looked at the store page, I just saw "coming soon."

The bigger place the worse it gets. There's at least a dumb your favorite X thread every single day on gaming side followed by a fan fiction thread of what would you do if...(nonsense).

Just look at the patcher's thread. The first page is basically everyone saying the same one liner.

Uhh.... Is this a one liner about The Witcher 3's patch?

Recording game footage, cutting and making webms is fun.
I like producing something. Really nice.
Encoding takes longer than imagined though.

Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher's time has come

I wish they'd bring back/give us that amazing dinosaur banner somehow. Perfect depiction of the savagery of your average GAF thread.

noice

why didn't he think of it first?

Off topic Dino GAF is pretty well represented. It's gaming side that needs the help, so I stick with the work here. Considering even non steamGAF users call me out on it, it seems my efforts are not in vain.

Turfster

Man, there's some really stupid stuff in Witcher 3.
Latest case in point:
Ciri's tale, when the baron is taken by the basilisk.
Gotta get up the broken tower! There's even handy broken bits!
Except... you don't.
You need to walk off to the right of it on the ground somewhere to a little dip in the ground and then it autocutscenes the rest.

Also, GOG Galaxy is broken as fuck if you've been offline.
Doesn't adjust time played.
Doesn't adjust achievements.

Lain

Pointless show only adventures, character assassinations...

Oh please, the only person that did more stuff in the show was Brienne.

Sounds like what's been going on since the first season. I've only watched up to the 3rd season and while I do like watching the show, it feels somewhat like a pretty static fare in which there is little payoff and the status quo doesn't really change in a meaningful way. The ominous future keeps on just being an ominous future while most everyone is busy with petty shit.
Plus with so many characters, the action feels fragmented. I guess I'm not looking forward to the other seasons all that positively.

ExoSoul

Banned
Pointless show only adventures, character assassinations...

Oh please, the only person that did more stuff in the show was Brienne.

At this point most people who watch the show are masochists that want to believe everything will end up just fine only to have their suspicions confirmed...

Am I the only one that at the credit's scene thought the characters were thinking "she just left us to die"

Asgaro

Since Min.us are being complete ass-fucks and are blocking GAF, I've now had to rehost all my shit that I made onto imgur in case they pull out of the whole image hosting thing.

Looking back I had a few good memories of SteamGAF.

Warning: Incoming Gabe GIF's

heKp0jL.gif

rtV6AdL.gif

gzcVrYF.png

2hscaWB.png

p9Djcjq.jpg

q7gnJHc.jpg

2C2OQDM.jpg

vkFWww9.gif

iJBe6LI.gif

j4cSWC9.gif

u1s40dc.gif