• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
So just to be clear: i would need to go to fortification hill twice in an independent Vegas playthrough? Because it was easy the first time since I was neutral with Legion but if I have to go back it's going to be a hell of a mess lol
hmm maybe i'm not remembering it right

i feel like you'd know if u upgraded the securitrons because there's like a pretty dramatic "upgrade scene"

also remember if you're trying to sneak in somewhere you can also just use disguises

they're kind of buggy but they work for the most part

Miguel81

That's hell of a Belmont strut Miriam has there.
MeBqEd4.gif

Stayin' Alive. Now I need to replay Castlevania III for umpteenth time.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
And from the original 4 DMC games, 3 is the worst. It's absolutely awful.
4 is the best. Nero's giant claw hand thing is the best thing to happen to Japanese developed DMC games.

Must... not get violent. Nero's Devil Bringer is good though I agree on that I could do without the platforming in DMC4 and DmC though that stuff was getting in the way of my badass action game.

donny2112

Bloodstained looking good in early stages. Animations need ironing out but not bad at all. Looks already visually more promising than Mighty No. 9.

To me, Castlevania needs to be on 3DS, so with no 3DS stretch goal even uncovered for at least the next $1m with 4 days to go (prequel mini-game would be nice, but even that's $1m out), I'm probably not backing this. Will decide whether to get it on Steam or Wii U later, but would've really liked to see it on 3DS with ever-present map again. Oh, well. Can't have everything you want! :lol

Vamphuntr

for some reason, I'm not excited about the Steam Sale at all :/
guess I don't belong here

After the lackluster winter sale I think it's a fair position. I'm just hoping competition will be good and other online stores will try to price match or beat Steam prices.

donny2112

After the lackluster winter sale I think it's a fair position. I'm just hoping competition will be good and other online stores will try to price match or beat Steam prices.

Yeah, the Steam part of during the Steam sale doesn't have to be your only source of puchases. (^_^)

inm8num2

Hmm, last winter the auction started something like 3 days before the sale. I guess there won't be an auction this time around?

didamangi

for some reason, I'm not excited about the Steam Sale at all :/
guess I don't belong here

Well, it is the first summer sale without our Russian bears. I'm not that excited too, just want to see what kind of meta thing Steam come up with. Oh, and an Ikaruga sale obviously.

Miguel81

Well, it is the first summer sale without our Russian bears. I'm not that excited too, just want to see what kind of meta thing Steam come up with. Oh, and an Ikaruga sale obviously.

Last time it lost out on the daily choice or whatever, which was a shame. That game and Wolfenstein TNO are about all that I'm expecting to pick up this sale.

Kagemusha

Hmm, last winter the auction started something like 3 days before the sale. I guess there won't be an auction this time around?
I bought 10,000 gems in anticipation of an auction. Doesn't look like there will be one. I don't think developers or Valve care. It's a loss for them. The auctioned games were donated, and produced no revenue for developers. Valve kept 10% of gem sales.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyn7lih5zPw

I can get liking 4 more than 3 due to the mechanics. But to say it's the worst one when 2 is around is a bit much. This coming from someone who didn't even hate 2 all that much.

Yeah 2 is only the real bad one here and every other one is good to great. Seeing someone say 3 being the worst is pretty shocking to me when it is the most cohesive game in the series.
On a side note I cannot take anyone saying DmC is not as good as 2 seriously because DmC is decent at worst.

Jawmuncher

Yeah 2 is only the real bad one here and every other one is good to great. Seeing someone say 3 being the worst is pretty shocking to me when it is the most cohesive game in the series. Also I cannot take anyone saying DmC is worse than 2 seriously because DmC is decent at worst.

Yep sums it all up.

Or play better games instead :)
I'm liking the humor, but the combat I'm just not feeling. I might just lower the difficulty and blaze through it.

tmarg

I bought 10,000 gems in anticipation of an auction. Doesn't look like there will be one. I don't think developers or Valve care. It's a loss for them. The auctioned games were donated, and produced no revenue for developers. Valve kept 10% of gem sales.

They mix up the metagames every sale. If you bought 10000 gems assuming that they would have the same one as last time, that wasn't a great idea.

Miguel81

Yeah 2 is only the real bad one here and every other one is good to great. Seeing someone say 3 being the worst is pretty shocking to me when it is the most cohesive game in the series.
On a side note I cannot take anyone saying DmC is not as good as 2 seriously because DmC is decent at worst.

I agree with this. It was truly something, especially after the release of the Special Edition. It and NG Black were character action heaven in the mid-00s.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm liking the humor, but the combat I'm just not feeling. I might just lower the difficulty and blaze through it.

You need to unlock more stripping animations and the combat becomes more fun as you level up since it takes way less time to get people stripped. Also at 60fps <3

Better than Batman Oranges.

I really would love to know what the Xseed discounts and playism discounts will be during the summer sale and whether I can directly buy them or need to wait for a sale.

I wonder if someone is lurking here and could tell us ;)

Regarding Bloodstained. I would have backed it at a lower price, but I am kinda sure you can get it even cheaper when it releases through Nuuvem, GMG or other means.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I really would love to know what the Xseed discounts and playism discounts will be during the summer sale and whether I can directly buy them or need to wait for a sale.

I wonder if someone is lurking here and could tell us ;)

Cladun X2 will be 75% off

i3kYdDuyMu8ny.gif

Lain

The combat is somewhat clunky, but I find it to get progressively more fun as you start to get more stripping animations and the right kind of weapon to fit your expected play-style.
I really like the combo sequences using water pistols as a weapon and the stripping animation from winning the second set of battles at the Arena.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Sweet. I doubt it but I'm hoping for Steam cards for this. Anyhoo gonna wait and see if it pops up on Nuuvem.

Why doubt it? Mega Man has a lot of art to pull from, and I cannot think of a Capcom game released recently that doesn't have Steam Cards.

Just a little conspiracy, but you all probably already know this, as I'm not a regular poster. There's only 25 weeklong deals whereas there's usually over 100 or so.This could mean that the summer sale is coming later this week as rumoured?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just a little conspiracy, but you all probably already know this, as I'm not a regular poster. There's only 25 weeklong deals whereas there's usually over 100 or so.This could mean that the summer sale is coming later this week as rumoured?

It's been confirmed by Paypal already, so yeah: the 11th.

All signs point to
maybe

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

It certainly was a pointer earlier today, as well as the fact that all coupons obtained end before the 11th, but PayPal confirmed the date earlier today,

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Standpoint was yanked earlier.

I sort of want Jase to figure out a way to incorporate Saoirse into the OP. Maybe he could photoshop pictures of her pointing out games that are on sale, like Vanna White on Wheel of Fortune or something dumb like that.

Haha, I don't have the requisite skills for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom