• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

You already have a tag? That must be the fastest since Bubbavelli with his Yoga class.

Not exactly sure what I got it for, but I'll take it nontheless. ;)

Also, I finally got my avatar to work, so now I can have an anime avatar like the rest of you. ;)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Woo, just got my refund (took around 5 days though)!

With that said, while I have no problem with the refund being steam wallet, I wonder how people will take that.

Also how does this game compare to Zoo Tycoon 2?

$50 in Rupiahs can go a long way in a steam sale, gan ;)

I surely hope so, gan. :D

- Grim Dawn, 100%. Game seems to suffereing from feature creep a little. They really need to release it soon.
- Age of Decadence. No chance. Don't think it's ever been on sale ever anywhere.
- Darkest Dungeon, good chance. They seem to be taking their time, after a great start it's being forgotten about.

No idea about the other 2.

I see.
Good to know that Darkest Dungeon is having a good chance to get a sale, and I think Grim Dawn will be my last day purchase. Too bad about Age of Decadence though, I've been keeping my eye on it.

Knurek

Food for thought: what if Steam refunds make it so that devs will deliberately discount games on Steam much lower percentage than on other, key providing services? Since you can't get a refund for a GMG or Nuuvem bought keys, so that's pure money for their pocket...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Food for thought: what if Steam refunds make it so that devs will deliberately discount games on Steam much lower than on other, key providing services? Since you can't get a refund for a GMG or Nuuvem bought keys, so that's pure money for their pocket...

It seems like you could only discount games you purchase in Steam itself and that the discount price will be the amount you paid (that is, if you bought the refund in sale, you'll be refunded with the amount you paid rather than original price), since the refund is based on your purchase history.

Food for thought: what if Steam refunds make it so that devs will deliberately discount games on Steam much lower than on other, key providing services? Since you can't get a refund for a GMG or Nuuvem bought keys, so that's pure money for their pocket...

Dont the other services have a better ratio though? Like if you wanna sell it on GMG or Nuuvem, they just take xx% instead of 30%.#

Edit: I misread that.

ExoSoul

Banned

Wouldn't it be lower at GMG et al or are you referring to the discount itself?
Maybe, this sale might test the waters in that regard.

baterism

I thought the same thing. I guess it's the counter balance of Steam giving the best service (with refund). So, the chances are getting it w/o refund with big discount, or getting it with smaller discount with chance of refund.

However, I still doubt refund would really damage sales in long time. It is possible that it actually push sales. What happened in several days back is still too limited to determine anything.

Anyway, I thought before, refund for digital product is compulsory now? UE/AU law or something.

I surely hope so, gan. :D

I see.
Good to know that Darkest Dungeon is having a good chance to get a sale, and I think Grim Dawn will be my last day purchase. Too bad about Age of Decadence though, I've been keeping my eye on it.

I wouldn't expect a huge discount on DD, maybe 25% and then 33% off during a daily. I agree with Decadence, looks fantastic, I'm just not 100% convinced about the project to jump in at full price.

Food for thought: what if Steam refunds make it so that devs will deliberately discount games on Steam much lower percentage than on other, key providing services? Since you can't get a refund for a GMG or Nuuvem bought keys, so that's pure money for their pocket...

I would think it would be the opposite, and we might see higher discounts. Refunds are a new thing, and we don't really know how it's going to work out, or if Valve will start to put its foot down for too many refunds. If I paid over $20 for a game and I didn't like it I would probably try to get a refund. If it was only a couple of bucks I probably wouldn't bother.

ExoSoul

Banned
Just "finished" The Swapper, only have 3 puzzles left so I can
properly leave the station and be rescued(?)

Wow, the game goes far with an innovative twist on, slight spoiler,
a abandoned research space station
Very clever use of passive and active NPCs, solid mechanics and physics, it delivers new information at just the right pacing and the
space joyrides
just left me with a smile until
the one with all the corpses lying around
. I did not expect the contents of the flashback and I thought the story was going somewhere else entirely, maybe justifying another playthrough to reevaluate some events, and even then I'm not sure I'm seeing the big picture properly or maybe I'm just overthinking it.

I must say that I am disappointed by the fact that, heavy spoiler,
the game doesn't let you swap with the Head Watcher and get a secondary/bad ending

Jazz573

I keep telling myself this year I'm not going to buy anything in the Steam sale, but I'll probably end up buying some stuff anyways.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I keep telling myself this year I'm not going to buy anything in the Steam sale, but I'll probably end up buying some stuff anyways.

- Quit your job or get fired
- Spend all your money on food
- Sale Starts
- ???
- Profit

Jazz573

All those years of putting aside the Witcher games. Now I envy everyone that's neck-deep in Witcher 3.

I have Witcher 1 and 2, and I still haven't played them. Mostly, because I have a crappy laptop (it's not really crappy, but it is still a laptop). I'll never finish my backlog, I'm sure of it.

Uzzy

Just "finished" The Swapper, only have 3 puzzles left so I can
properly leave the station and be rescued(?)

I love The Swapper. The atmosphere of it, the puzzles, the beautifully grim aesthetics. The philosophical ramifications also got me thinking, which is saddenigly rare in games, but always a treat when they show up.

It's on my list of indie recommendations for the summer sale, that's for sure.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Is it worth it to start playing darkest dungeon now or should I wait for full release? (I bought it on launch but had a lot of games in my backlogg so I forgot baout it)

All those years of putting aside the Witcher games. Now I envy everyone that's neck deep in Witcher 3.

It's like the best game of all time, I'm pretty sure I'm serious too.

A future without screenshot function and cloud saves is not a future i wanna live in.

Cloud saves I'm okay without but I definitely need me some screenshots for a such pretty game like The Witcher 3. It's still in beta so I'm sure that stuffs coming eventually.

Hektor

Is it worth it to start playing darkest dungeon now or should I wait for full release? (I bought it on launch but had a lot of games in my backlogg so I forgot baout it)

I'd wait for the full release. Started playing the game as it was available in EA, and it got boring pretty fast. Not because its a bad game, but because of the lack of variety. The game will definetly be far more fun once all the classes, enemy Types, bosses etc are added.

sals are like E3..there is much more excitement before than during or after

Reminds me of something else. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

Dr Dogg

Good grief, what do you guys post about that takes 10 pages in the past 2 days? Probably inundated with animu gifs so I won't bother checking. Any exciting pre-Seal news, anyone banned for doing something silly, any price mistakes I will probably kick myself for missing, who didn't buy D4 yet and is going on my naughty list if they don't buy it during the Seal? Saying that E3 season is around the corner so I'll probably go I to hiding again soon anyway.

dex3108

Sale is close and for now i have reserved 25€ for sale. That is humble budget but i bought GTA V and Batman AK before release so i son;t want to spend too much money :D Maybe i will add another 10€ but that is it.

It really is, I'm doing a replay when all the DLCs /expansions dropped, can't wait to see what CDPR would do with Witcher 3 when the eventual enhanced edition is released.

Yeah totally, when or if the supposed NG+ DLC drops I'll be doing a Death March playthrough then again when the DLC and EE come out.

Good grief, what do you guys post about that takes 10 pages in the past 2 days? Probably inundated with animu gifs so I won't bother checking. Any exciting pre-Seal news, anyone banned for doing something silly, any price mistakes I will probably kick myself for missing, who didn't buy D4 yet and is going on my naughty list if they don't buy it during the Seal? Saying that E3 season is around the corner so I'll probably go I to hiding again soon anyway.
There is a US only gift card deal(100 for 85) a few pages back, JaseC plans to stockpile tons of them that is enough to fund a small private army.

Paypal says sale starts on the 11th.

GOG's sale continues to be amazing, while Amazon is meh.

Uzzy

New Master of Orion. Made by the guys behind World of Tanks.

I feel like my morning cup of tea was spiked by crazy pills.

Can't wait for the Witcher 3 new game + DLC!
At my current pace, it'll be just in time after I finished the game.

I wouldn't expect a huge discount on DD, maybe 25% and then 33% off during a daily. I agree with Decadence, looks fantastic, I'm just not 100% convinced about the project to jump in at full price.

25-33% is fair enough for DD, I'll bite.

Arthea

New Master of Orion. Made by the guys behind World of Tanks.

I feel like my morning cup of tea was spiked by crazy pills.

you kidding... right? It can't be true... or am I still sleeping and dreaming?

edited: what year is it.gif

Hektor

there's no way they' re gonna discount the witcher 3 expansion during the gog or steam summer sales right?

Discounting the season pass before even one of the expansions released would be pretty unfair to the people who bought it on launchday. That didnt stop Bethesdafrom doing that with the Season pass for The Evil within tho.

Arthea

Odin almighty, what's with hundreds of dlcs in the recent releases page, it's plain unreadable.

meanwhile on greenlight

an RPG with alchemy? Totally upvoting this

929B4C19AADBAF149E537D386A9341FFCE179125

already successfully kickstarted sci-fi VN

some kind of Xcom clone MMO? I wonder how that MMO part works in this case

it's free to play, btw

I kinda like how it looks, but it remains unclear to me what kind of game it is, description doesn't help much either.
interactive comic strips with exceedingly beautiful illustrations by a professional artist, and interesting nonlinear storyline. All actions and decisions in the game will change a storyline and the ending of the game.
what that even means? It's a VN then?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The clustering system Steamspy uses to generate recommended games is so much better than whatever shit implementation Valve is using.

Cluster48 is the best

edit: Oh it's already on the website as a tab now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom