• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanzou

So it sounds like returns are being accepted for games upwards of 6 months old, is the Less than 2 hours rule still being applied or are people playing games for hours and hours and still getting returns on games?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I have literally one regretful steam purchase, so I put in a refund request for a game from 2012. We'll see what happens here!!!

I'm 100% expecting it to get denied, but man Ridge Racer Unbounded was not a good purchase choice.

I've been thinking about what I want this sale. Hoping to see good deals on:

Alien Isolation
AC IV Black Flag Gold Edition
Bioshock Infinite Season Pass
TES III Morrowind GOTY Edition
Gauntlet (I have codes for most of the promo DLC still sitting in my Steam keys file)
Shadow of Mordor (non-GOTY edition)
Wolfenstein New Order

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've been thinking about what I want this sale. Hoping to see good deals on:

Alien Isolation
AC IV Black Flag Gold Edition
Bioshock Infinite Season Pass
TES III Morrowind GOTY Edition
Gauntlet (I have codes for most of the promo DLC still sitting in my Steam keys file)
Shadow of Mordor (non-GOTY edition)
Wolfenstein New Order

Black Flag and Bio Infinite will be 75% for sure. Same for Marrowind if it shows up. Isolation and Mordor are more likely to be 50%, maybe 66%

I have literally one regretful steam purchase, so I put in a refund request for a game from 2012. We'll see what happens here!!!

I'm 100% expecting it to get denied, but man Ridge Racer Unbounded was not a good purchase choice.

I'm seriously tempted to ask for a refund for Dead Rising 2/Off the record. First the game said it had full controller support but only genuine 360 controllers work, not 3rd party. Then they changed it to partial support and they seem completely uninterested in fixing the issue.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Haha, I don't have the requisite skills for that.

Photoshop her face onto Vanna's. Maybe photoshop a wide-screen TV. But this would require a massive resolution or free-transform-ing/scaling down after.

Black Flag and Bio Infinite will be 75% for sure. Same for Marrowind if it shows up. Isolation and Mordor are more likely to be 50%, maybe 66%

I still haven't jumped on the $5 B:I season pass, mostly because I know it will hit that price again. I'm hoping Isolation goes down to $10, maybe even $7.50 - that's the one I really want.

Miguel81

I still haven't jumped on the $5 B:I season pass, mostly because I know it will hit that price again. I'm hoping Isolation goes down to $10, maybe even $7.50 - that's the one I really want.

Isolation is such a great horror game. Maybe way too long, but I enjoyed the majority of it. Hope it goes down to a low price and a lot of peeps pick it up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Has isolation base price dropped to 29.99?

Hasn't Isolation already gone for 75% off on Steam?

I'm not sure tbh this first half of the year was a bit hectic for me, I haven't paid much attention

yuraya

Well, it is the first summer sale without our Russian bears. I'm not that excited too, just want to see what kind of meta thing Steam come up with. Oh, and an Ikaruga sale obviously.

RIP Russian bear.

Was great during last years summer sale. Valiant hearts price error for 19 cents was good. It happened on like day of release for that game as well.

And once again I am glad that Destiny is not on PC even though I was pissed when they didn't announce PC version.

Kotaku: The next Destiny expansion pack, The Taken King, releases on Sept 15 (40$)

All the dlc and expansions for that game smh. You gotta pay up like $100+ to enjoy it. I wonder how much it'll go for if they ever do bring it to pc.

Rhaknar

IF only we didn't have years of sales with just the normal discounts and no Russian shenanigans :p

Isolation was floating around the $10 mark on Gamesplanet a couple months back. Looks like its Steam base price hasn't changed yet, though.

Miguel81

Hasn't Isolation already gone for 75% off on Steam?

Yeah, the lowest was 12.49 USD.

Isolation was floating around the $10 mark on Gamesplanet a couple months back. Looks like its Steam base price hasn't changed yet, though.

They also had Morrowind GOTY for less than 3 USD. Every once in a while they have great deals. It's a shame their Oblivion isn't the Deluxe edition, since it's often on sale for a very low price.

How's the chance of early access games to get discounts in summer sale?

My early access whishlists:
- Grim Dawn
- Age of Decadence
- Darkest Dungeon
- Repopulation
- Trine 3

Rhaknar

Alan Wake, it's always Alan Wake, not enough Alan Wake

I think I deleted you on steam I never see you anymore.

Must have been in my Spanish purge

- Grim Dawn
- Age of Decadence
- Darkest Dungeon
- Repopulation
- Trine 3

EA games in general 100%, those in particular Grim Dawn has been on sale, the rest all cane out after the last sale I think?

didamangi

- Grim Dawn
- Age of Decadence
- Darkest Dungeon
- Repopulation
- Trine 3

Unless it's Nuclear Throne, very big chance all of em will be discounted. I know Grim Dawn have been heavily discounted before.

edit: welp, should've refresh before replying :D

baterism

I'm really excited for Summer Seal but still not sure there's something that I want.

FF13-2 at 50% as good gesture to SE. Phantom Breaker probably. Civ BE only at >75%. All Metal Slug titles which I haven't got.
Sale is a moment that make me realize that I actually don't play game that much.

EA games in general 100%, those in particular Grim Dawn has been on sale, the rest all cane out after the last sale I think?

Unless it's Nuclear Throne, very big chance all of em will be discounted. I know Grim Dawn have been heavily discounted before.

edit: welp, should've refresh before replying :D

Awesome, that's good to know.
My $50 budget probably won't be enough, I guess. And I still have ESO on my #1 list.

Nabs

Indie devs need to learn how to price their shit during sales, and valve needs to start featuring more of them on the front page. The same old predictable shit has got to go. I think Indies deserve their own page, like 2010s winter sale. I think it was that year.

I'm really excited for Summer Seal but still not sure there's something that I want.

FF13-2 at 50% as good gesture to SE. Phantom Breaker probably. Civ BE only at >75%. All Metal Slug titles which I haven't got.
Sale is a moment that make me realize that I actually don't play game that much.

Phantom Breaker was a weekly deal last week for 2,50$, wasnt it?

- Grim Dawn
- Age of Decadence
- Darkest Dungeon
- Repopulation
- Trine 3

- Grim Dawn, 100%. Game seems to suffereing from feature creep a little. They really need to release it soon.
- Age of Decadence. No chance. Don't think it's ever been on sale ever anywhere.
- Darkest Dungeon, good chance. They seem to be taking their time, after a great start it's being forgotten about.

No idea about the other 2.

Lain

I played 18 levels of Chip's Challenge 1 and found it hanging between interesting and boring. Totally not a fan of the music.

Rhaknar

Nabs let's buy more fighting games that we will never play

Jazz573

I'm trying to set an avatar, and I was wondering what file formats are accepted, since it fits within the size constraints and I can't use it.

Rhaknar

I like pushing buttons.

tumblr_n0c8npdZ241qipz6go1_250.gif

dex3108

All the dlc and expansions for that game smh. You gotta pay up like $100+ to enjoy it. I wonder how much it'll go for if they ever do bring it to pc.
I never understood people who were and still are defending base game. From what I saw you are doing same thing over and over again and and there is almost no story. And they asked 20$ for expansion that was same content as base game.

KainXVIII

Already have it in Steam
ModBot said:
Instructions for KainXVIII:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KainXVIII, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky (GOG) -- MB-F96EFEFF3F66826E - Taken by crazyrabbits. 4 entrants total.

t1433919108z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom