• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just sent an email without any link to my steam profile. He responded promptly. No harm in sending your profile link if you want to.
Thanks. I just sent him an email with my profile. Ah well, it's not like someone's gonna be able to do harm with that anyway in combination with the email address he now knows I use for Steam OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE !

:p

MRORANGE

Also who is making the Steam Sale thread?

I'm assuming SalsaShark, but if you've just managed to come to different arrangements just make sure you ask someone to move modbot to those threads for the time being. Quite a few gaffers have access to modbot so just post in the thread and they should do it for you.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam just received it's 2,000,000th download - just in time for the big sale!

Reading this great article on Kotaku about E3 demos, stuff like this always bums me out.

It would be so interesting to see a game like this that wasn't compromised by the machine it was built on.

Edit:

ughhhh
Interesting really. Thanks for posting. Rarely find the time to read other pages.

I think what most people suggested/thought/feared is true. Consoles hold down games. I had only beleived it was visual fluff though but the Bioshock stuff written there is basically a whole different kind of gameplay!
At least with the newgen consoles being fairly new and powerful, we won't see much drastic "holding back" for quite some time I think.

Gonna read the rest now.
You done goofed.
Now you know how to react when you get traderequestsby me for "a friend of mine" who couldn't add you directly at steamcomunility.com
He said he'll send me a Sexaroni when the game get greenlighted with a steam code for the game.
Haha. His original voice is so different than German dub.

Also, thanks man for Witcher 2. Game is as awesome as you said.
Also who is making the Steam Sale thread?
If I'm not mistaken JaseC is gonna do the thread.

That feeling when a foil card you've had on the market for weeks finally sells for $9

moKU9In.gif

damnnnnnnn I always get inpatient and remove it after a month and put a lower price on my cards.

I dont know. I mean some game can not even hold steady 30 fps on consoles in 1080p.
That's true sadly but I think it's just pubs pushing devs/constricting them financially so they can't optimize enough across 3-6(!) platforms.

Adjusting the plethora of visual settings should easily make any newgen-console perform at 1080p/60fps. Sure, a lot would look way worse than PC but technically it's totally realistic.
Don't think the end console users profits much from "game running at mostly ultra pc-settings" when it's a sub-30 affair in the end.

I don't like the "lazy devs" argument at all I see used all around the web when a game doesn't perform well on consoles. Most devs have years of experience, great skills and talent.
But the dozens upon dozens of employees are very costly for pubs. And I believe they are the actual source to be blamed. Pushing studios, so they have unstable performing games at the end.

AHA-Lambda

Just finished Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments, quite enjoyed it if a bit repetitive and simple mechanically.

Which of the other Sherlock Holmes games on Steam are worth playing?

Lego Gotham 3 is actually really pretty, I should play some of these given I have all of them in my library. Lego City Undercover on the Wii U is the only one I've finished.

Haunted

Just finished Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments, quite enjoyed it if a bit repetitive and simple mechanically.

Which of the other Sherlock Holmes games on Steam are worth playing?
The only ones worth playing are the 3D adventure ones by Frogwares, you can safely ignore the hidden object ones and old FMV games (except if you've got a fetish for them, I suppose).

Frogwares improved a lot with every game they've made, so their newest one (Crimes and Punishments) is the best, then it's The Testament and it just gets pretty sketchy the farther you go back, from the older ones (Ripper, Nemesis, Awakened), which are all very similar, I liked The Awakened the best.

Honestly, you've made the mistake of playing the best one by far first. :D

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
yeah, I was afraid that's the case. So basically you think that servers can be shut down any day now? Or we will have some sort of announcement before all thing goes under?

Every employee I've identified online got laid off, so I'm not sure who would make the announcement, unfortunately. Your guess might be as good as mine.

derExperte

Every employee I've identified online got laid off, so I'm not sure who would make the announcement, unfortunately. Your guess might be as good as mine.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but now's also the time to get all unused Steam/GOG keys from Indie Royale bundles. Too bad, I really liked IR early on, they had some interesting bundles and were even more indie than HB. But then....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom