• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakkue

To a point, but their customer service team is so abysmal that it's rendered moot.
I have a game I was gifted last August (as a pre-order) that I had no interest in. As time has gone on, I have come to loathe this game and would love to have it removed from my account... when it dawned on me that the new refund policy could probably help, I enabled a refund on the gift and contacted the gifter.

Sorry :( If they won't refund it, you could still ask them to just remove it from your account though, can't you? I wouldn't mind.

-----

I played through Momodora III today (3,99€/$).
cvFapg3.png

Momodora III is a fun, short 2D action platformer.
There are 6 very well crafted levels. You can buy or find hidden items to equip, battle against various foes, and find some secrets.
The character movement feels excellent and the soundtrack is very fitting.

You can play the game either as Momo or Dora, who play pretty much the same, except for how and where you can get certain items.

The game offers 3 difficulty levels: Casual, Easy and Hard. It isn't a terribly difficult game, I'd say it's not overly challenging in easy mode, and a bit more demanding but still very much doable in hard mode.
Sadly, you can kill a lot of the bosses simply by just frantically pummeling them to death, especially if you equip a certain item. But that's the only small downside I can think of.

There's a New Game+ that adds another inventory slot. You keep some of your items, but you have to collect key items again. I'm not sure if there are any other changes.

I took my time playing it and beat it around the 1 hour mark the first time.
I played through it again a couple of times, because I had fun exploring the levels some more.

7P0rhnX.png

Very charming, fun little game - great experience from start to finish. Give it a try someday! :)

Miguel81

Turf I bought Quest for Glory. I hope your happy.

I promise to try and get to it soonish

Hope you like Erana's Peace. That's one helluva memorable spot and tune. Oh, and Quest for Glory II was remade in VGA, just in case you're interested.

But-but personal opinion and sale just around the corner!

To be honest don't think I would play it anytime soon, so I can wait a couple years till it hits 1€-tier.

I do believe you that it is a good game though.

It's definitely a short and sweet game. I'm actually glad that I gave it a shot, and now I need to grab the sequel whenever I have time to play it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have to admit, I'm pretty excited for Mirror's Edge Catalyst. I guess I will have to use Origin again.

Yeah, it has an honest shot at being my first-ever Origin store purchase*.

* Ignoring the time trial DLC for the original ME that I bought in 2013.

C-Drive

I'll ask again here for SteamGAF before I take it to BST thread:

Anybody still looking for a $50 Steam card at the Best Buy/ebay price of $42.50? Just hit me via PM - I'm a Plus seller in the BST thread.

chronomac

I'll ask again here for SteamGAF before I take it to BST thread:

Anybody still looking for a $50 Steam card at the Best Buy/ebay price of $42.50? Just hit me via PM - I'm a Plus seller in the BST thread.

Sent you a PM. Will want one Friday probably.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam doesn't really load up for me on Windows 10. Is it just me? Using Chrome.

Works fine on my test box. Have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the extension?

Shadownet

Banned
Works fine on my test box. Have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the extension?

Now it's working. Thank you for the exceptionally quick tech support.

Guess I won't need to write an angry letter about how bad ES is. :p

Not sure if you're back from your mini-break yet, but thanks for keeping ES working smoothly, among everything else.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Endless Legend on Nuuvem is region free eh? Should I bite now or just wait for a 50% or more.

MUnited83

For you.
Caring about a face that you will never see in-game (or very rarely if anything ) seems weird. I doubt her final in-game model is even close to those screens.

Shadownet

Banned
Alone in the Dark: Illumination is almost half off on Nuuvem. when is this game getting released?

That price is quite tempting.

Maniac

Banned
So... I'm currently having trouble fixing a weird issue I'm having with CSGO. Whenever I launch it, it minimizes (and miximizes, to a black screen) several times, before finally staying minimized. I proceed to, ofcourse, try and maximize it, but it simply wont. The game audio is still there signalling that it is in fact functioning. I've tried booting it up with the -windowed launch parameter, and then it works, but when I then try to switch to fullscreen (or fullscreen windowed) in-game, it minimizes & maximizes a few times just like when I launch it, only to stay minimized again.

... Anyone else experienced a similar issue? I've tried my hand at googling the issue but I've yet to come up with any kind of a fix, and my Google-fu is normally strong!

So yeah, if anyone has tried a similar problem, do shout. Or, alternatively, if you believe your Googlefu to be stronger than mine, I challenge you to find me a fix. :p

Maniac

Banned
It's a Unity game so it runs like shit which is probably the main reason. It's well respected if you're a fan of the genre. I need to get back to it one of these days now that I've upgraded my graphics card twice.

Unity isn't really the reason it runs like shit; shit use of Unity is why it runs like shit. :p

... Ofcourse I won't deny that Unity is inherently somewhat janky, but the same can be said for Unreal and CryEngine too, just in other ways.
It's all about rocking cerebella. My favorite and to me by far the easiest to pick up and play.
tumblr_myu7t8Y5ES1tnddgvo1_500.gif

She reminds me of, like, Tinker from Dota.

I kind of like that fact.

Oh and Jawmuncher... I'm so, so terribly sorry. Valve are dicks and they released the Faceless Rex courier... And it's a 1-in-250 chance drop from a chest...

God, I hate you Valve, take back your fucking refunds and give me that courier ;_;
Bingo, minus the "new"...

It's amazing for those people out there that've never bought a bundle nor a good indie game in their lives.

"There are dozens of us, Marie! DOZENS!"

Jawmuncher

Unity isn't really the reason it runs like shit; shit use of Unity is why it runs like shit. :p

... Ofcourse I won't deny that Unity is inherently somewhat janky, but the same can be said for Unreal and CryEngine too, just in other ways.

She reminds me of, like, Tinker from Dota.

I kind of like that fact.

Oh and Jawmuncher... I'm so, so terribly sorry. Valve are dicks and they released the Faceless Rex courier... And it's a 1-in-250 chance drop from a chest...

God, I hate you Valve, take back your fucking refunds and give me that courier ;_;
Geez 1-250 chance. sure the marketplace price will be too high with those odds.

Corpekata

Banned
A lot of prominent games run like shit on Unity. We're not talking about like, Baby's First Game dev studios. If your game is halfway ambitious (Dreamfall, Pillars) it's probably got a lot of Unity related jank to it.

The only Unity games I see performing well tend to be side scrollers.

Eternia

25$ adapter, only works on W10... Lol WTF. Why anyone would get this instead of a PS4 or X360 controller is behind me.
Windows 10 exclusive and pricing is unfortunate. Maybe knock off Chinese versions will pop up at a lower the price as well as someone removing the OS restriction, eventually.

The PS4 controller is a mess quality-wise though. Stick rubber issue (might be better on newer controllers), shoulder buttons getting stuck or outright snapping off. That's all on top of the horrific battery life. I also like single piece dpads and never really found the segmented one on any of the Dualshock controllers comfortable.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So remind me again how conversion works if I sell a $50 Steam card bought in the US to a friend in Euro land.

Codes work worldwide and if the user's account uses a different currency, the value is converted as part of the code redemption process.

Also, a small tip: you can save yourself a small amount of time by redeeming Steam Wallet codes as CD keys instead (Games -> Activate a product on Steam).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom