• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Thanks. She's from the VN series I'm currently playing: Baldr Sky. Her name's Kirishima Rain in case you wanted to know. Baldr Sky is an 18+ VN/Action hybrid series, where you play as a mech pilot. There are two main games and two spinoffs, and the two main games are well over 50 hours long. I'm playing the first one right now, Baldr Sky Dive1 (NSFW).

I'll have to take a look at those. When did you get the tag? I've been kind of scattered when it comes to checking the thread due to work and mobile only makes it a pain to catch up on what I missed. Also you should add me on steam, link is on my profile.

derExperte

The only thing cool thing about Vista is Aero.

It introduced many important components/features especially under the hood that are still in today's Windows'. Refined of course but Vista was a huge leap forward compared to XP, too huge at the time and the first few months weren't a cakewalk but it's no ME.

Jazz573

I'll have to take a look at those. When did you get the tag? I've been kind of scattered when it comes to checking the thread due to work and mobile only makes it a pain to catch up on what I missed. Also you should add me on steam, link is on my profile.

I should warn you that the series is not translated (it is translated into Chinese, but I'm assuming you can't read Chinese), so I'm playing it with a machine translation program called Visual Novel Reader. Not every line makes complete sense, but it's usually enough that you can understand what's going on.

As for Steam, I'll add you. Oh, and I got my tag yesterday at around 1 am EST.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
21:9, 3D games, and other such things haven't been blocked from me. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and other recent titles work all the same. So while I wouldn't call 64-bit Vista cool by any means, and I don't use it on my work PC, it does the job of just playing games. What do I care how the OS looks when I don't see it while playing smoothly operating games?

Anyroad. Looks like it was the NVIDIA driver update that is causing the problems.

So should I be expecting battle lines to be drawn soon, sides to be chosen? Those with tags and those who aren't worth the mention finally raising arms to one another's gullets?

This will not be a war sans bloodshed.

I firmly believe those with tags should live up to them. So I'm not sure I could take part.

Salsa

Also who is making the Steam Sale thread?

I'm assuming SalsaShark, but if you've just managed to come to different arrangements just make sure you ask someone to move modbot to those threads for the time being. Quite a few gaffers have access to modbot so just post in the thread and they should do it for you.

I always wanna do it and im again up for it but if Saoirse truly wants to with all her being then I guess that's fine 😒

Jawmuncher

I should warn you that the series is not translated (it is translated into Chinese, but I'm assuming you can't read Chinese), so I'm playing it with a machine translation program called Visual Novel Reader. Not every line makes complete sense, but it's usually enough that you can understand what's going on.

As for Steam, I'll add you.

Oh, that might be a bit much for me then. Though it might add to some hilarity like the SAO translation.
image3kaa9.jpg
Though in guessing with a bit more random characters thrown into the mix. Also good. Will check mobile and accept.

But what did you get the tag for

Turfster

Turfster
Nobody's gonna read this tag, anyways.
(Today, 09:10 PM)

I like this one.
Of course, it'll never happen.

What do I care how the OS looks when I don't see it while playing smoothly operating games?

Anyroad. Looks like it was the NVIDIA driver update that is causing the problems.
It's not so much how the OS looks, as how it works under the hood. A lot of things changed in 7 (and then again in 10)
They seriously still do Vista updates for mainline NVIDIA cards?
I know they do for their business Quadro line, but that's because business are all about outdated OSes to keep their shitty old software running.

Jazz573

Oh, that might be a bit much for me then. Though it might add to some hilarity like the SAO translation.

Though in guessing with a bit more random characters thrown into the mix. Also good. Will check mobile and accept.

There have been several attempts to translate the series but they've always been cancelled for different reasons. Mainly because of the size, and also because the developer has issued C&Ds.

Jawmuncher

Pretty sure it was decided I was going to make the sales thread. Was just going to link to www.steampowered.com

Let the pack fend for themselves

There have been several attempts to translate the series but they've always been cancelled for different reasons. Mainly because of the size, and also because the developer has issued C&Ds.

Nothing worse than developer C&Ds when they aren't going to do the work themselves.

For the last week or two, Team Fortress 2 always shows as my last most recent played game, even though I don't play it (not even installed).

Is this a known bug?

jxA5CCD.png

Jazz573

Nothing worse than developer C&Ds when they aren't going to do the work themselves.

Well ever since a certain banned game caused controversy in the US, eroge developers have been afraid to allow Westerners to have access to their games, sometimes to the point of IP blocking non-Japanese IP addresses from accessing their websites.

Fighting against whitewashing is great and all, but new Faith's design can still pass as 100% Asian. White people think that we Asians must have certain facial features to be Asian? Uuuugh.

People may think a certain stereotype they are used is the normal. I remember a friend of mine talking about a travel she made to Canada and people were doubting she's brazilian because her skin tone is too white.

More people have tags in this thread.
I don't feel as special.

Granted, the huge smile I had when The Mountain Goats played that song was huge. The crowd had an amazing vibe.

Someday I'll have a awesone tag that isn't member, banned or junior member.

Jawmuncher

Well ever since a certain banned game caused controversy in the US, eroge developers have been afraid to allow Westerners to have access to their games, sometimes to the point of IP blocking non-Japanese addresses.

Didn't know they have gone that far out with some of the games. Seems a bit much. Oh well at least VNs have been making quite the stride in the west these recent years. Also I gotta know why you got the tag. Or was it one of those out of the blue ones.

holy shit
i'm trading my NES for a PS3
the dude thinks the video is broken but it's just stuck on the composite cables :V

That's horrible but kind of funny. That's such a weird feature and I know a lot of people have been confused by it. It got me once as well. Had to google about it.

Jazz573

Didn't know they have gone that far out with some of the games. Seems a bit much. Oh well at least VNs have been making quite the stride in the west these recent years. Also I gotta know why you got the tag. Or was it one of those out of the blue ones.

Really don't know where I got it from.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

A shame. I'd say for people to try and keep quiet about it, but letting people know what you're doing is a great way to seek additional help for such massive projects. Someone's gotta sit on their hands long enough to get it done.

...after 5 years.

Well ever since a certain banned game caused controversy in the US, eroge developers have been afraid to allow Westerners to have access to their games, sometimes to the point of IP blocking non-Japanese IP addresses from accessing their websites.

They are not afraid all the time. Sometimes they are just xenophobic sadly.
I remember one publisher even said something that their products are not made for foreigners and should only be enjoyed by japanese.

That's horrible but kind of funny. That's such a weird feature and I know a lot of people have been confused by it. It got me once as well. Had to google about it.

Time to play a PS3 backlog! Got a bunch of digital stuff to use. I can play Jojo again <3

But you can get that in Windows 7 too.
I know, but Vista did it first.
People may think a certain stereotype they are used is the normal. I remember a friend of mine talking about a travel she made to Canada and people were doubting she's brazilian because her skin tone is too white.
More race representation is needed!

In Mirror's Edge's case, not being racist is the new racist. I believe it was a bit in Community.

Lain

They are not afraid all the time. Sometimes they are just xenophobic sadly.
I remember one publisher even said something that their products are not made for foreigners and should only be enjoyed by japanese.

I'm not interested in that kind of game but this is a very backward way if thinking, limiting the public of a game because that reason.

Volimar

I like this one.
Of course, it'll never happen.

It's not so much how the OS looks, as how it works under the hood. A lot of things changed in 7 (and then again in 10)
They seriously still do Vista updates for mainline NVIDIA cards?
I know they do for their business Quadro line, but that's because business are all about outdated OSes to keep their shitty old software running.

You're making me start to read your posts in Eeyore's voice.

Do all Shadow of Mordor keys that are redeemed now on steam become the GOTY ed automatically as the vanilla ed isn't on sale anymore it seems.

This seems unlikely.
Check SteamDB to see if GOTY sub/app replaced the vanilla one.

Really don't know where I got it from.

Why do I know this and you don't?
I don't even post that much in here these days.

It came from you asking about how long you had left as a junior, as far as I know.
Stumpokapow said something about speeding up the process, to hang on a minute.
Someone else piped in that he should upgrade you to GAF gold while he was helping you out.

I assumed this is where your tag came from.

Salsa

I havent idled at all and im at $0 for the summer sales purely cause last time I went idle crazy I felt bad for all my non factual gameplay time padding

but.. yeah.. that $0 is starting to bother me

Dang, Lain, you beat me to it. XD

Not sure how I should feel about Milamber being the reason for my tag.

I don't know, but you got a trophy. That's cool.

EDIT:

He beat me too... but at least I posted about it before you. ;)

Dang it, Frosty. :(

Jawmuncher

Not sure how I should feel about Milamber being the reason for my tag.
Lol Milamber in for the win.
oh yeah; who is this guy
Which guy Jazz? Long time lurker, but has been posting a lot as of late.

I know, but Vista did it first.

More race representation is needed!

In Mirror's Edge case, not being racist is the new racist. I believe it was a bit in Community.

Agreed. Since gaming is a medium with a relatively broad audience having more diverse races representation could help breaking some stereotypes if the characters are well thought.

Agreed. Since gaming is a medium with a relatively broad audience having more diverse races representation could help breaking some stereotypes if the characters are well thought.

I think so too, but sometimes you notice some characters are added just "to have them in them".

I remember this homosexual guy in DA2. It felt so out of place, because it just felt like he was added or added some homosexual strait to have one in their game.

Salsa

so you're telling me Stump is taggin and crowning lurkers with anime avatars now

and im not making the sales thread

this really is the shit takeover isnt it

Jawmuncher

so you're telling me Stump is taggin and crowning lurkers with anime avatars now

and im not making the sales thread

this really is the shit takeover isnt it

Knew I wouldn't even have to bring it up the anime lol. Though the avatar is my fault since I told him he needed one. Jazz seemed pretty content with not having one.

I'm all for diversity in gaming if it means to end the scruffy bearded white guy meme.

Hey at least we moved up from the bald space marine trope.

He beat me too... but at least I posted about it before you. ;)
The little victories in life...
Keyword: positive representation. Deus Ex: Human Revolution was horrible with that ghetto accent.
I'm all for diversity in gaming if it means to end the scruffy bearded white guy meme.
I love Geralt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom