• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you guys all linking these things?
I don't see any discount on them =/

U7Ghu2sh.jpg

Jawmuncher

Any particular ones you had in mind?

Fruits of Grisaia, little witch Romanesque, and Princess Evangelie would be the bigger titles. The rest on my wish list are smaller fare I want to take a gander at as well. Quite enjoy the shorter stories in a way to the 50+ hour epics.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Question, want to get Half-Life 2: Episode 2 for a friend, it's on sale on the UPlay shop... Would it be a Steam key, or some weird UPlay version of Half-Life 2: Episode 2?

Jazz573

Fruits of Grisaia, little witch Romanesque, and Princess Evangelie would be the bigger titles. The rest on my wish list are smaller fare I want to take a gander at as well. Quite enjoy the shorter stories in a way to the 50+ hour epics.

I recommend buying the non-steam versions so you get the uncensored content. I know Romanesque at least comes with a Steam key. Not sure about Princess Evangile. Obviously the 18+ version of Grisaia isn't out yet, so you'd have to wait for that.

Jawmuncher

I recommend buying the non-steam versions so you get the uncensored content. I know Romanesque at least comes with a Steam key. Not sure about Princess Evangile. Obviously the 18+ version of Grisaia isn't out yet, so you'd have to wait for that.

I dunno though, I usually fee I don't need the 18+ stuff. Both Nekopara and Eden* were good examples of not really needing it. Being implied works well enough.

Nabs

Really hope Ys VI gets a nice discount then my collection will be complete.

Don't rush to pick it up unless you're dying to play it, or the sale price is really good. It's solid enough, but it doesn't really compare to Oath or Origin. I wasn't really feeling any of the bosses, and I personally had to do a decent bit of grinding.

Jazz573

I dunno though, I usually fee I don't need the 18+ stuff. Both Nekopara and Eden* were good examples of not really needing it. Being implied works well enough.

For eden* that makes sense considering the first version didn't have them. At least for Evangile, there is a trial for the all-ages and 18+ versions so you can see for yourself whether they add anything.

I'm not sure why 18+ versions are always so expensive. Do they really need to charge extra for content that was in the original to begin with? It also makes no sense that the download versions cost as much as their physical versions.

Salsa

JaseC is making the thread and he swore on his mother's life to update it every single day at the exact minute

so, all 3 of you who are reading the OP daily, you did it, you chose a bad but on time thread opposed to cool banners and terminator gifs

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Question, want to get Half-Life 2: Episode 2 for a friend, it's on sale on the UPlay shop... Would it be a Steam key, or some weird UPlay version of Half-Life 2: Episode 2?

There are no Uplay versions of third-party games. There are Origin versions of DMC and Pillars of Eternity for some reason, though.

komorebi

Don't rush to pick it up unless you're dying to play it, or the sale price is really good. It's solid enough, but it doesn't really compare to Oath or Origin. I wasn't really feeling any of the bosses, and I personally had to do a decent bit of grinding.

Hmm, true I'm not in a huge rush.

But at the same time....... ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Jawmuncher

JaseC is making the thread and he swore on his mother's life to update it every single day at the exact minute

so, all 3 of you who are reading the OP daily, you did it, you chose a bad but on time thread opposed to cool banners and terminator gifs

Still remember when you changed the image hosting so I could see the stuff at work. So cool.

My friends invited me to go watch Jurrasic World with them on Friday. Originally I was going to say no but agreed to go just to make Jaw happy :p
nah I was going to go watch it anyway, but it makes me sound awesome if i tell him that

brofist.jpeg

This guy, he knows what's up!
HIGH FIVE!!
Screw that. I want a Final Fantasy XI/XIV sale so I can buy them
and never play them because of sub fees. DOHOHOHOHO
subscription games are one of the oddest things in gaming imo. I simply cannot grasp my mind around people paying $40+ on a game and then paying more money monthly to keep playing. its like any day that I don't play the game I just wasted some money. Now you can argue ps+ and gold charge to play online, but while I'm against locking online behind a paywall(especially sony since it used to be free and now they charge but the online isn't any better than the ps3 imo) at least both offer you access to new games monthly and the online is for all your games, not just one. Also, you gotta pay for the expansions too in those subscription mmos? like son, wtf? seriously don't understand why anyone would agree to those terms. Buy to play or fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

Backlogger

I might buy Black Flag if it's a 75% off. But I don't know how well would run on my config. Truth is, now we have refunds.

Last sale the complete edition was around $15 I think and I bought it. I was running with a 560ti and that game finally pushed me into upgrading my card. It ran really great on a R9 290

Also, Enhanced Steam's servers during that same time frame. Please try to exercise patience.
I switched to WF and use a gimped version of ES but just so you know, for the sale period I'll be booting up Canary fairly often just for that ES-goodness. Better read some prayers on your servers, I can't be the only one :p
There are no Uplay versions of third-party games. There are Origin versions of DMC and Pillars of Eternity for some reason, though.
What have you planned for the sale thread bud? Give sneak-peak please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom