• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I switched to WF and use a gimped version of ES but just so you know, for the sale period I'll be booting up Canary fairly often just for that ES-goodness. Better read some prayers on your servers, I can't be the only one :p

What have you planned for the sale thread bud? Give sneak-peak please

I've told Salsa he can provide his usual pizazz, but other than that I'm just going to keep the deals updated.

JaseC

A couple of spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

New Kind of Adventure -- MB-233906D5D515204A - Taken by Purkake4
Space Drifters 2D -- MB-F527430663F96F69 - Taken by Eila

MUnited83

For you.
My friends invited me to go watch Jurrasic World with them on Friday. Originally I was going to say no but agreed to go just to make Jaw happy :p
nah I was going to go watch it anyway, but it makes me sound awesome if i tell him that

HIGH FIVE!!

subscription games are one of the oddest things in gaming imo. I simply cannot grasp my mind around people paying $40+ on a game and then paying more money monthly to keep playing. its like any day that I don't play the game I just wasted some money. Now you can argue ps+ and gold charge to play online, but while I'm against locking online behind a paywall(especially sony since it used to be free and now they charge but the online isn't any better than the ps3 imo) at least both offer you access to new games monthly and the online is for all your games, not just one. Also, you gotta pay for the expansions too in those subscription mmos? like son, wtf? seriously don't understand why anyone would agree to those terms. Buy to play or fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

Thats because you do not understand that the subscription model makes it so that the game can have huge ammounts of content that would ever be done otherwise.

They release ridículous ammounts of updates and content worth more than most AAA games.

I dont know why this is so hard to grasp. It is very good value for the money.

I've told Salsa he can provide his usual pizazz, but other than that I'm just going to keep the deals updated.
Just the way I like my Jase. Straight to the point fact-provider without any of that human-emotion-baggage.

Admit it, you're long past the human species and in bed with ModBot!

Miguel81

Last sale the complete edition was around $15 I think and I bought it. I was running with a 560ti and that game finally pushed me into upgrading my card. It ran really great on a R9 290

Sure did. I wish I had waited to play it only after upgrading, because the framerate was all over the place using a 7950.

rtcn63

The (new) Mirror's Edge thread scares me. People are actually being snarky because they think Faith doesn't look Asian, even though Asians themselves think she does. This is madness.

Uzzy

The (new) Mirror's Edge thread scares me. People are actually being snarky because they think Faith doesn't look Asian, even though Asians themselves think she does. This is madness.

Madness? This is Gaming Board.

Only if you don't get all of them, and it's cheaper to just get all of them.
Don't be afraid of 2008, it's not such a bad game! =p

POP2008 is the best one.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Just the way I like my Jase. Straight to the point fact-provider without any of that human-emotion-baggage.

Admit it, you're long past the human species and in bed with ModBot!

y0Fp5yt.jpg

it is known

Toki767

She looks Asian enough to me. She just had more distinguished facial features in the original game.

yesterday people ripped a kotaku preview of Xenoblade X because LOL KOTAKU.

Like, a majority of people ripping the guy didn't have anything of substance to say about what his criticisms were, it was just a bunch of asshats giving the guy a hard time because they couldn't accept that a sequel to their beloved JRPG could very well not be the greatest game ever made.

it was excruciating to read through.

dex3108

Well after Witcher 3 diversity talk nothing can't surprise me. We could soon see demands that Faith becomes lesbian black asian girl.

Thats because you do not understand that the subscription model makes it so that the game can have huge ammounts of content that would ever be done otherwise.

They release ridículous ammounts of updates and content worth more than most AAA games.

I dont know why this is so hard to grasp. It is very good value for the money.

hmmm... I'm not seeing it. Unless its the only game i play, like ever, its not a good reason to be spending like $15 a month, its not like I'm going to experience all that content unless its the only game i play.

Faith was a fucking esurance cartoon character in Mirror's Edge, i think you only see her in game like once? twice?

I say burn gaf down and start again, everyone's got an opinion and it almost always sucks

honest question: does it matter if she's Asian or not, like plot wise? i didn't complete the first game cause I got bored of it but her race never played a role in like the 4 hours i played so i don't see why it matters if she is or isn't.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is it still possible to buy stuff cheap from Nuuvem using a VPN? Been trying to buy the new TW Attilla DLC and when I enter my paypal info I get an error message that the transaction got aborted.

MUnited83

For you.
hmmm... I'm not seeing it. Unless its the only game i play, like ever, its not a good reason to be spending like $15 a month, its not like I'm going to experience all that content unless its the only game i play.
*11.99$

And if you don't have disposable time, MMOs ain't for you in the first place. Be it F2P, B2P or subscription based.
Still, you can easily fit enough time to play it and other games and still be a good deal.

Hanzou

Is it still possible to buy stuff cheap from Nuuvem using a VPN? Been trying to buy the new TW Attilla DLC and when I enter my paypal info I get an error message that the transaction got aborted.
Did you turn off the VPN when you get to the paying part.?

JaseC

Yes. To the best of my knowledge, GTAV is the only game that has the added requirement of a BR-based payment method.

Edit: Haha, I was going to try buying the DLC myself using a VPN but absent-mindedly connected to the AU server instead.

Could those 3000 cards being sold in theory fund your entire summer sale purchases? Pretty interesting if it can.

I have a budget of around AUD$2k, so I doubt it. ;)

some men buy houses, jasec buys a house worth of steam games

I guess the "fun fact" would be that I have 1/11 of that according to the steamdb.
My only consolation is seeing JaseC at nearly half of it.

At this point I think it'll be more economical to buy a timeshare from his account instead of games :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom