• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

Heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa+_4f960ba79a93c56d7431325b5e4bbb10.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
jokes aside, fuck yeah shadow warrior 2 (even if I didnt finish the first)

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 27 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pixel Star -- MB-BF09075359966D51 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 6 entrants total.
3 Stars of Destiny -- MB-CFD414AA8857EFC8 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Monument Builders Alcatraz -- MB-A8BFB470A529CDDF - Taken by TheMadMan007. 3 entrants total.
Cyberpunk 3776 -- MB-F4884C18D1186224 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Brink of Consciousness Dorian Gray Syndrome CE -- MB-CA03E0C505F9374A - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Aaru's Awakening -- MB-2A3D598274F74449 - Taken by fspm. 4 entrants total.
R.O.O.T.S -- MB-BC4F57B9EA60F151 - Taken by Loptous. 3 entrants total.
Lost Chronicles of Zerzura -- MB-32C3B9C4309E3FA0 - Taken by Haunted. 5 entrants total.
Lucid -- MB-743D97A1F628D56D - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
Drive To Hell -- MB-AA176D984AB01E3A - Taken by darkchewie. 4 entrants total.
Voyage to Farland -- MB-01F38B17916D0D3C - Taken by lindarasta. 4 entrants total.
The Book of Legends -- MB-75CA6B6466518631 - Taken by Mixed2k. 1 entrants total.
Insecticide Part 1 -- MB-BF06A2FFA52EBDCD - Taken by Blu(e). 2 entrants total.
Project Temporality -- MB-422BDA68FB54F336 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Governor of Poker 2 Premium Edition -- MB-8252C89AE25234EB - Taken by spindoctor. 2 entrants total.
Residue Final Cut -- MB-4B909D8B4F5C54DF - Taken by maty. 2 entrants total.
Luminosity -- MB-78BCAA48E1BBFFA5 - Taken by MakeshiftChef. 3 entrants total.
Terra Incognita Chapter One The Descendant -- MB-5D8120869BDEC5EE - Taken by Miniboss. 3 entrants total.
David -- MB-274981FAEA62D6B2 - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
Silent Service -- MB-6AD2BEFC7D9A8A89 - Taken by Mavromatis. 1 entrants total.
Escape Machines -- MB-F668173BD99F5928 - Taken by NingenJanai. 2 entrants total.

Alex Hunter Lord of the Mind Platinum Edition -- MB-BA9930D023CAF087 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Glorkian Warrior The Trials Of Glork -- MB-5CEE8C111404300F - Taken by ExoSoul. 4 entrants total.
Fortune's Tavern The Fantasy Tavern Simulator -- MB-7BAAC1B06250B5AF - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Hare In The Hat -- MB-358A225970B5F3CB - Taken by Sammichu. 1 entrants total.
Silent Service 2 -- MB-A7B568775F0E0C3D - Taken by Chreznor. 1 entrants total.
Crazy Cars Hit the Road -- MB-60EA498A2EBC8E72 - Taken by anastef. 2 entrants total.

t1433975501z1.png

Grief.exe

there's an E3 trailer for Life is Strange lol

They need to continually advertise their game as more episodes come out.

The interesting things about episodic games is, by their very nature, they force themselves back into consumers minds periodically. Generally, sales on games drop off quickly over time, but episodic games likely end up continually generating revenue as each new episode is released.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
these PSN download speeds are...something else. 45hours left on Last of Us on my 100mb fibre connection.

tumblr_mumlznt6Fu1sn6wtso1_500.gif

derExperte

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadowgate -- MB-F85002E50782B858 - Taken by Bayonetta. 9 entrants total.

t1433966141z1.png

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Terra Incognita - Chapter One: The Descendant -- MB-34ED5A3F4F74515A - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Aaru's Awakening -- MB-03FECFB52C2A841B - Taken by user237
R.O.O.T.S -- MB-417942C4EFB3670B - Taken by Deques
Monument Builders - Alcatraz -- MB-E08681393B9DBDD1 - Taken by Hektor
Escape Machines -- MB-B760D28BF2FD44D4 - Taken by lindarasta
Crazy Cars Hit the Road -- MB-4C0E0DA092C5D7B7 - Taken by nightstorm

if youre using wifi on your PS4: Dont.

It's probably the worst wifi on a console maybe in the history of consoles that have wifi.

I bought a powerline adapter and the difference is night and day.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
these PSN download speeds are...something else. 45hours left on Last of Us on my 100mb fibre connection.

Not really worth it, IMO. I didn't like the combat mechanics. It's kinda bullshit that now and then you can melee front one of the monsters despite the rules saying you aren't supposed to be able to do that but at the same time those same melee mechanics can be broken from behind where you're supposed to be guaranteed a kill. Ugh.

Also way to be late to PSN's slow download speeds. I do not miss that network for the world.

C4rter

Stuff

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

A Bird Story -- MB-47CE5DA2FD2733B5 - Taken by redlacs

Darkroronoa

Broken sword 5 was really good, almost as good as the old ones imo (played them for the first time just a few months ago). It had fanservice but was really enoyable and i really liked the art, its beautiful.

Not really. But she is Asian as far as anyone's aware, and honestly her appearance shouldn't matter. It seems to be non-Asians who are taking issue and actual Asians going on the defensive. Well, it goes deeper than that, with regards to the expectations of how Asians are "supposed to look", mostly from the perspective of Western media and... whatever I just hope it's not a shit game.
yea i thought it didn't matter. very rarely does it ever. only time i can think of where it mattered was Assassin's Creed 3.
I said disposable time :p.

Heh, its more than worth the money. And the base game goes on sale a lot. And even without expansions its 1000 hours game
ooh lmfao i read it twice as disposable income, I'm dumb.

rtcn63

On a related note, if they ever make a prequel that's set at the beginning of the viral outbreak, they should call it The First of Us.

(Works if the protagonist becomes infected early on and/or is narrated from the present perspective with the game taking place in the relative past. Or just call it The First of Them.)

Hektor

Not really worth it, IMO. I didn't like the combat mechanics. It's kinda bullshit that now and then you can melee front one of the monsters despite the rules saying you aren't supposed to be able to do that but at the same time those same melee mechanics can be broken from behind where you're supposed to be guaranteed a kill. Ugh.

Also way to be late to PSN's slow download speeds. I do not miss that network for the world.

But its the citizen kane of gaming. Games are now officially mature'n'stuff.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

tumblr_mumlznt6Fu1sn6wtso1_500.gif

Speaking of fibre, I got my PCD installation notice in the mail yesterday (it's essentially a plastic box that houses the fibre cable that will later be hooked up to the modem). The installation period for the area is June 30th through to September 21st, so I guess the latter is the expected Ready for Service date (or thereabouts). It's happening! After almost three years of waiting it's finally happening.

Eanan

Thats a new one. Your the first person ive seen not recommend Last of Us. Hands down my favourite ever game.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Speaking of fibre, I got my PCD installation notice in the mail yesterday (it's essentially a plastic box that houses the fibre cable that will later be hooked up to the modem). The installation period for the area is June 30th through to September 21st, so I guess the latter is the expected Ready for Service date (or thereabouts). It's happening! After almost three years of waiting it's finally happening.

Will this mean you will actually play games? like multiplayer ones.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
But its the citizen kane of gaming. Games are now officially mature'n'stuff.

Thats a new one. Your the first person ive seen not recommend Last of Us. Hands down my favourite ever game.

I really wanted to like it, since Naughty Dog made three (well four I guess) of my favorite titles (read: Uncharted) last generation and this gen. But, I couldn't get into it. I vastly prefer Uncharted by a good green mile. The characters were more charming and I cared about what was going on in the adventure.

By
Winter
in the Last of Us, I was just at the "dear <diety of choice here>, please just let this game end" because I was tired of the stupid melee "puzzle" that was either/or on letting me kill enemies, going on given there was limited ammo.

It did kinda pick up when
you had to go rescue Ellie from that one crew in the white out
but at that point I was just drained and didn't care. Throw in (ending spoilers)
you saving Ellie for feelings despite the fact she could possibly save the world and was okay with dying at that point
just... no. I'd have preferred a bad end.

That's not to say the game is bad just not for me and I really don't recommend people playing it as a "must play."

Phawx

Well you weren't expecting work to commence.

Phinor

He-Man!!!

toysoldierswarchestheman.jpg

New Toy Soldiers game... A real He-Man game would be better

Man, they've had another Toy Soldiers game in early access for over 15 months now and no release date announced for that game. Development has been very slow for a long time on that game. Meanwhile they announced War Chest last August and it already has a release date of Summer 2015. Basically their new game that was announced after this early access game will release before the early access game releases.

Or as someone else might say: business as usual.

rtcn63

It did kinda pick up when
you had to go rescue Ellie from that one crew in the white out
but at that point I was just drained and didn't care. Throw in (ending spoilers)
you saving Ellie for feelings despite the fact she could possibly save the world and was okay with dying at that point
just... no. I'd have preferred a bad end.

The canon ending just works better considering all that transpires throughout the story. Ellie's what, 14? Even though she grows as a character as the game progresses, her choice of sacrificing herself for possibly a cure to save the world (a world that does appear to be on its way to recover regardless) isn't hers to make. She's a kid. And Joel, well he's an anti-hero who's lost his own daughter and seen the worst in people, including himself. If he had given Ellie up easily, even for the sake of humanity, it just... it would've been an absolutely soulless Hollywood ending. At the very least the lesser of the two by far.

Fuck the greater good. It's not a sure thing. She's all I have and I'm not letting her go. She'll hate me, but she'll understand. Someday.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well you weren't expecting work to commence.

"... for at least another few months." My area was listed as "Construction commencing within one year" earlier in the year (around March, IIRC), so I just assumed it was at the arse end of the schedule. Ultimately, though, the rollout was horribly mismanaged and no actual work took place until last April, which is when I began noticing crews cleaning out the telecom pits peppered throughout town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom