• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[other stuff]
edit: btw the art and music of the game is fantastic. i barely get to see the art since i've toned down the resolution so that the game looks like a blurry (but playable) mess to me, but it has a lot of style, and the music is amazing. the presentation of the game is really good and i enjoy it a lot

i really think double fine has a really good game idea but should've worked a whole lot more on ux and should've fleshened out the base management a lot more. if they do a fair bit of patching/dlc it might turn out to be a pretty great game, actually. but yeah the base management is pretty shit

Thanks for the impressions.

GUI is really the single most important aspect of strategy games, and one of the hardest to get right. It's a shame a lot of developers don't - or can't - focus on it more, because it adds much more to a game than you'd ever think. Especially when the core gameplay mechanics rely on what is, ultimately, a lot of repetition and statistical comparisons.

I'll have to wait on MC, the UI issues would probably drive me up the wall. That said, I'm a sucker for RPG-strategy hybrids, so I'll probably get it one day.

Oh, and zky: you've gotta get a better video card; Vaseline will only get you so far. You're missing out on a lot of good stuff.

Maniac

Banned
This is a pretty big step forward for Big Picture mode. It seems pretty likely that achievement pages will eventually get the same treatment which makes me happy. Very nice and clean here:

Damn, looks good. Really glad to see some big improvements coming!

Quick question in regards to the recent Warhammer humblebundle; does anyone, by any chance, have a 40K: Space Marine key lying around? It was the one game I wanted, and I forgot to actually buy the damn bundle. I'll gladly trade for... Something if need be!

(I'll not trade my soul, as it's already been auctioned off)

Nabs

Yfn22hP.png

UpuCXY7.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
Haha. There's still hope!
someday~

zkalcoholyc
-__-

you're not even trying

Thanks for the impressions.

GUI is really the single most important aspect of strategy games, and one of the hardest to get right. It's a shame a lot of developers don't - or can't - focus on it more, because it adds much more to a game than you'd ever think. Especially when the core gameplay mechanics rely on what is, ultimately, a lot of repetition and statistical comparisons.

I'll have to wait on MC, the UI issues would probably drive me up the wall. That said, I'm a sucker for RPG-strategy hybrids, so I'll probably get it one day.
probably the wise choice. few developers really get ux right but what really frustrates is the whole unnecessary animation thingie over and over again

like, i love mount & blade and it's hilariously broken papyrus wiki thing, because even if that monster of an ui is like the antithesis of user friendly time-saving interfaces, at least everything is perfectly instant

Oh, and zky: you've gotta get a better video card; Vaseline will only get you so far. You're missing out on a lot of good stuff.
unfortunately i don't have much money on me and what i had i spent on dying my hair and buying tickets to pearl jam and candy lol

no regrets, but until ppl hiring me stop screwing me over and pay me can't really afford something expensive like this

looking for other options but argieland is not in the bestest of situations right now

i have meeting tomorrow, we'll see

Maniac

Banned
Everyone here that's missing more than, say, 8 games out of that pack are awful humanbeings and shouldn't be allowed access to SteamGAF.

Just sayin.

rtcn63

So... what exactly was the Pro Rewards card thing they were giving away? It just like magazine subs and discounts for a year or something?

So... what exactly was the Pro Rewards card thing they were giving away? It just like magazine subs and discounts for a year or something?

https://login.gamestop.com/Home/FAQ

pretty sure it's this

PowerUp Rewards Pro members get more good stuff. All the benefits of the free program, but with bigger bonuses and other great stuff:

250-point Pro enrollment/upgrade/renewal bonus
Two Epic Reward Giveaway™ entries per purchase or trade*
Buy 2, Get 1 free welcome certificate** on pre-owned games + accessories in your online account after activation
10% point bonus on all purchases
10% bonus trade-in credit
10% off pre-owned games and accessories
10% off new Strategy Guides
One year of Game Informer magazine
*Limited to one transaction per day.
**Appears in your Active Offers section under the My Account tab within 3-5 business days after activation.

Khronico

All this talk of valve games and I realized I don't own Half Life 2.

Or any of the episodes.

Or any of the first game expansions.

What is wrong with me

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All this talk of valve games and I realized I don't own Half Life 2.

Or any of the episodes.

Or any of the first game expansions.

What is wrong with me

379ch.gif

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I forgot i had the Alienware twitch channel on one tab. Because i just got a message saying i won the Valve friends and family thing. That's a nice surprise.

Does it really include all the future games ? Because i have most/all the valve games and have no need for extra copies.

iosefe

I forgot i had the Alienware twitch channel on one tab. Because i just got a message saying i won the Valve friends and family thing. That's a nice surprise.

Does it really include all the future games ? Because i have most/all the valve games and have no need for extra copies.

o.o

so many people

I bought the Darksiders complete pack but I didn't install yet. I'm not sure if I will ever find the time for those games, honestly. Maybe it will be my first steam refund.

Nabs

I bought the Darksiders complete pack but I didn't install yet. I'm not sure if I will ever find the time for those games, honestly. Maybe it will be my first steam refund.

Darksiders is really good, but it's also pretty long. It's definitely worth trying if you have the time.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hope you guys enjoy Half Life 3 when it's added to your accounts in 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom