• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Finished up Witcher 2, Iorveth's side. Ready to pick up Witcher 3 today.

How much of a difference is there on Roche's side? Is it just minor changes or do you go to completely different locations?
The entirety of Act 2 is completely different.

Arthea

I'm ready, bring it on
i6rex0queuvozqts4w.gif

I might regret those words if gems are involved in the metagame, Nep Nep exhausted my batch rather quickly, so hopefully no gems this time are needed

As we still have some time left, I did some snooping around, and here is what I found
played most:

Nep Nep made into the list! You make me proud steamgaf!

And that's what steamgaf wants (I think I have most of steamgaf on my fl, also I'm almost sure most of my friendlis is steamgaf, if not most, then more than half surely, so it's clear indication of most wanted games. Not that surprising list, except for Ori and This war of mine being so high.

pahamrick

My wish list is nuts, mainly because I'll toss anything that looks like something I would play on there along with any games I definitely want to get at some point.

Haunted

Darksiders 2 is genuinely one of the worst games I've ever played
play more games

The closest equivalent to Darksiders 2 I can think of is Kingdoms of Amalur.

All the ingredients are there, but it doesn't ever manage to come together and captivate the player. They're both technically competent with a lot of work put in, but ultimately too repetitive and unfulfilling.

xezuru

And that's what steamgaf wants (I think I have most of steamgaf on my fl, also I'm almost sure most of my friendlis is steamgaf, if not most, then more than half surely, so it's clear indication of most wanted games. Not that surprising list, except for Ori and This war of mine being so high.

How do you get to this super friends wishlist? I assume it's an enhanced steam thing cause it's kinda cool.

Arthea

My wish list is nuts, mainly because I'll toss anything that looks like something I would play on there along with any games I definitely want to get at some point.

That's what I do, and that's what wishlist is for, to not forget something that caught your interest. There is no real meaning putting GTAV on your wishlist, not like you are going forget to buy it! While you can forget less famous games.
Also before this year, I just used to buy everything that stroke my fancy, so my wishlist was smallish, these days it's enormous!

I've been deleting stuff of my WL for some time now. Already at 95 but only about 50 are actually released games. 26 DLC and the rest is unreleased games + few software.

Gonna reduce even more though. Get off EU4+CK2 DLC as they will never get cheap enough for me. So it's better waiting for a complete pack.

Tizoc

Did you take this screenshot from the trailer that Sony's blog uploaded?
Because if YES, then why would they promote another system than theirs?

It's coming to Steam, now I just want to double dip on my pre-orders so I can experience this game already.
Also
l_55753d660e87184szf.jpg

Lemon Bison
LEMON BISON

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Something weird is going on with ModBot right now. Trying to diagnose, but if you see any weird behaviour over the next hour or so, sorry in advance for that.

Grief.exe

Best Buy opens in 30 minutes, time to head over there and pick up my $100 dollar Steam wallet. Then sale starts in an hour and a half.

I am ready.

My wishlist is currently 125 games. 2 games I have ordered physical copies and some I have on other platforms already, also some aren't out yet. Hopefully the sale can clear a bunch of them anyway.

MUnited83

For you.
Putting all my duplicate cards on sale. Turns out they were more than 300 lol. if most of them sell i will have more than enough money to get by for the first couple of days :p

Deitus

Horrible game confirmed.

Putting aside any conspiracy theories about "what are they hiding?" it almost certainly means the game is coming out hot. If they need every last second to finish up the game, to the point that they can't even let reviewers play a week before the game comes out, there's almost certain to be a huge day one patch fixing massive bugs. It's also pretty much guaranteed that there will be several bugs that they can't fix in time.

Probably a good idea to wait on the game and see the state it's in at launch, and whether they continue to patch issues after release (edit: unlike Arkham Oranges, where they basically gave up on fixing it). Though I suppose with the way the game industry is these days, this should be standard practice.

Chariot

I did a quick glance for reviews for the last 2 games. Found that Arkham Asylum launched on 8/25 and reviews started hitting on 8/21 and Arkham City came out on 10/18 and reviews started on 10/11. So this is new territory for the series. Doesn't necessarily mean it's bad, but if it was solid gold wouldn't they want it out there?
Mmh, maybe they want to avoid spoilers this time. When Origins came out, we already knew the major plot twist thanks to leaks.

Haunted

I don't know why I'm looking forward to the Steam sales, the last two were kinda disappointing when I really think about it. My library is modest in comparison to some of the collectors here, so I can't imagine how JaseC must feel about it.

Putting aside any conspiracy theories about "what are they hiding?" it almost certainly means the game is coming out hot. If they need every last second to finish up the game, to the point that they can't even let reviewers play a week before the game comes out, there's almost certain to be a huge day one patch fixing massive bugs. It's also pretty much guaranteed that there will be several bugs that they can't fix in time.

Probably a good idea to wait on the game and see the state it's in at launch, and whether they continue to patch issues after release. Though I suppose with the way the game industry is these days, this should be standard practice.
Too late, bought it a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom