• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why I'm looking forward to the Steam sales, the last two were kinda disappointing when I really think about it. My library is modest in comparison to some of the collectors here, so I can't imagine how JaseC must feel about it.
You wouldn't believe how much I'm banking on price mistakes.
It's like, the rest is just a bonus.

One hour and 20 minutes until we die~
I don't know why I'm looking forward to the Steam sales, the last two were kinda disappointing when I really think about it. My library is modest in comparison to some of the collectors here, so I can't imagine how JaseC must feel about it.

I play the games I buy so I barely buy that many games during Steam sales to begin with. So I am a little excited but not too excited.

So is shit going on sale in an hour and change or what?

Yes, going by our clocks but, we don't have a clock for Valve Time.

chronomac

Mmh, maybe they want to avoid spoilers this time. When Origins came out, we already knew the major plot twist thanks to leaks.

Not a bad suggestion. At this point, they probably feel pretty confident the game's going to do well. They probably don't need the support of good scores to help pre-orders or day one sales. I mean, it's the last, big Arkham game and it looks shiny.

Backlogger

Here is to hoping its a slow day at work so I can easily monitor the sale
and catch some of the price mistakes that are sure to happen

New peeps goin into dat Steam Sale be all like
CHOoRSaUUAAv3__.jpg:orig

The Beta or that the game is console exclusive to PS4?

Holy shit-
UnsteadyDefiniteHorseshoebat.gif

GIVE ME THE BETA NOW!
NOW!

I really hate that they went with basically the same art style from SFIV. Feels cheap to me. Wish they at least did something better than just higher poly SFIV

fantomena

Here's my video for horror game Kholat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2nukKrjwSg

It's a very good, open, atmospheric and beautiful horro game. Really liked it. When I write open I mean that you actally kinda have to find the correct path to go.

The game is build up in acts, don't know how many there are though.

It's kinda like if The Vanishing of Ethan Carter was a horror game, even though I liked Ethan Carter better.

Still, an excellent horror game and there was this movie about it too Devil's Pass/The Dyatlov Pass Incident

Tizoc

I really hate that they went with basically the same art style from SFIV. Feels cheap to me. Wish they at least did something better than just higher poly SFIV

I like that artstyle.
Reminds me of the OG SF2 artwork by Bengus and co.
You callin' that ish cheap son? You want pretty boys go play some KoF and BreyBroo :V

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Hello SteamGAF.

Seems like crossing the 1K mark reactivated my collection bug, as I just bought a few bundles from bundlestars (I blame that sweet, sweet Lego JW bundle)... I also have like 200 keys to activate D:... I'm so going to spend a lot this sale, I can feel it ;_;

Considering they didn't expect to actually didn't expect to have anything on this game until 2018 before Capcom higher ups said "Sony gave us money get to work." I can't blame them for what they do have. At least it looks good.

Can't get hyped for SFV until I get my girl juri in the game.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Juri.png

At least your girl was in recent games damn it.

Meanwhile I am over here crying over a dead body.

I like that artstyle.
Reminds me of the OG SF2 artwork by Bengus and co.
You callin' that ish cheap son? You want pretty boys go play some KoF and BreyBroo :V

nonono, don't misunderstand me. I like the art style, I dislike that it's basically SFIV again but with more tech behind it. Each SF game before this had its own style so it's a shame to see what looks a lot like SFIV just on steroids

Sch1sm

Hello SteamGAF.

Seems like crossing the 1K mark reactivated my collection bug, as I just bought a few bundles from bundlestars (I blame that sweet, sweet Lego JW bundle)... I also have like 200 keys to activate D:... I'm so going to spend a lot this sale, I can feel it ;_;

Do you hear it? The sweet, sweet sound of money falling out of your hands?

I don't know what to expect with this sale. I always start off only wanting one or two games specifically, then about 100 and some odd dollars later... yeah.

I think it's high-time our down-under buddy started the sales thread.

Would be good for others to see and know of sale beforehand and people to get "comfortable" there.

yuraya

Pls Valve don't do a meta game.

It would be nice to have a relaxing sale this time around instead of a chaotic shitstorm like last year with the team color rigged bs.

bakeray

Or in a humble bundle
Are these games that much different from one another? I only played a litlte bit of the first one, but the way they churn them out I can't imagine they are any different than Assassin's Creed games in terms of new content. Why do they seem to get so much love and Assassin's Creed gets hate?

I'm probably never going to play either for a significant amount of time, just curious.

edit: I know about Unity's shitty launch, so don't include that.

Jawmuncher

Considering they didn't expect to actually didn't expect to have anything on this game until 2018 before Capcom higher ups said "Sony gave us money get to work." I can't blame them for what they do have. At least it looks good.

At least your girl was in recent games damn it.

Meanwhile I am over here crying over a dead body.

She's like the most popular alpha character it seems. I think she'll be making a comeback. SF4 ended up being heavy of SF3 so I think SFV will be heavy on alpha.

It would be nice to have a relaxing sale this time around instead of a chaotic shitstorm like last year with the team color bs.

But.

I smell deception and annoyance behind these cards and badges.

She's like the most popular alpha character it seems. I think she'll be making a comeback. SF4 ended up being heavy of SF3 so I think SFV will be heavy on alpha.

The systems are also very Street Fighter Alpha like too. Hoping for R. Mika and the biggest weeabo in SF, Sodom.

dunno. i like the style they're using. the more human proportions help too.

Can't get hyped for SFV until I get my girl juri in the game.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Juri.png
oh yiss. best character design.

Anybody know? Metal Gear Solid 5 preorder?
could be possible, seeing the consoles got the pre orders this week, i believe.

It would be nice to have a relaxing sale this time around instead of a chaotic shitstorm like last year with the team color rigged bs.

The only good year was Summer sale with the "camp" I think it was called treasure hunt? I still have sun glasses from that.

MUnited83

For you.
I think it's high-time our down-under buddy started the sales thread.

Would be good for others to see and know of sale beforehand and people to get "comfortable" there.

There's already a thread for others to see and know of the sale beforehand. The actual sale thread will only go up a little after the sales actually begin.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Do you hear it? The sweet, sweet sound of money falling out of your hands?

I don't know what to expect with this sale. I always start off only wanting one or two games specifically, then about 100 and some odd dollars later... yeah.
Yes, I could feel all the pennies falling out of my digital pocket :(

Oh well, I guess this train ain't stopping until I hit 2k then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom