• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Summer Sale season again.

"Wait for Dailies"
"X has a pricing error, get it for 99% off."
"Why is this listed as a daily? There is nothing off on it."
"I can't load the store!"
"Trading X games for Summer cards."
"When will I have time to play video games?"

Good times.
My first Summer Sale, bring it on!
:B1:

Grief.exe

I think there's still time to make a nice cup of coffee before checking the new deals.

There's always time to make coffee!

Good idea Monk. Good cup of coffee keeps you alert, but the fragrance and taste keep you relax. Perfect conditions for making informed purchases.

InB4 the new people ask "Should I buy it now or wait?"
---------------------
This is going to be my 2nd Summer Sale. Last year was magical, so by logic. I'm going to be disappointed this year.

I didn't start PC gaming fully until October last year so this is my first real Summer Sale

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
This is like the shortest X05 post I've ever seen. o_O
These topics are always huge, and I have been working overtime a lot for the last few months
(never do projects for huge companies, they suck)
, so I can't multiquote properly ;_;

lol, pretty much

Before the sale starts (and the Enhanced Steam servers hopefully don't melt) I'm working on a few updates for Idle Master. In particular, JaseC will probably like this one:

I probably won't be adding any real exciting features to the next release, mostly just bugfix stuff and usability updates.
Oh, neat!
Also I downloaded the source code recently as I had an idea for a feature, when I have some more time I'll dive right in :p

fantomena

Gonna make some coffe and enjoy the gabepocalypse aka "Where's the sale", "Shit sale", "The store is down fuck you volvo", "Just 50% off, worst sale ever"

"Is X worth it?"
"X is a daily, will it go any lower?"
"X is a daily, will it go any lower?" is the question that always actually bugs me.
No you crazy it probably won't go lower. Its rare that the community votes will higher % off and even then you have to hope that game gets put up for vote and wins.
My first Summer Sale, bring it on!
:B1:

It's a magical experience. I'll be your guide!

Your first time was so disappointing.

Legit, last year's was annoying more than anything else.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
15 minutes til the sale starts, and Enhanced Steam's servers are already under a heavier load than they've ever experienced (even at the peak of the last sale). At this point it looks like things will probably tank as soon as the sale starts, so hang tight and I'll try to get more servers online as soon as possible.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Terrible sleep; I'm groggy, my eyes are dry and I'm sore from my first mile run in ages.

I think I'll drink a monster. Caffeine is a good drug.

Eanan

Did the owners of "isthereanydeal.com" forget to pay this months server rent or something?

It keeps redirecting to a hosting page when I click it.

Shadownet

Banned
15 minutes til the sale starts, and Enhanced Steam's servers are already under a heavier load than they've ever experienced (even at the peak of the last sale). At this point it looks like things will probably tank as soon as the sale starts, so hang tight and I'll try to get more servers online as soon as possible.

How are you going to do that btw? cause in my head I picture you running around the house, plugging in more servers.

"OMG OMG, it's going to melt! I need to hurry!"

Nabs

I do have one (Xbox 360 wireless controller; bought for GTA IV).
But since it's wireless I have to change batteries quite often. (Mistake on my part; should have gone with wired.)

But the most important reason is really that I like KB&M a lot more than a controller, for any game really.
(When I did a replay of GTA IV last year, I also went for KB&M instead of controller.)

The only game I played in recent years with a controller was Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

Oh, screw that. Charge those batteries and play Dark Souls with a controller. Then give Dark Souls 2 a chance with a kb/m down the line when it's cheap enough.

Grief.exe

Doesn't sound like you are taking a break and relaxing for your health.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How are you going to do that btw? cause in my head I picture you running around the house, plugging in more servers.

"OMG OMG, it's going to melt! I need to hurry!"

Nope, just fire off an email to my server hosting company, requesting they bring another mirror online. I pay a consolidated monthly bill, so adding servers really just means spending $$$. Most of the servers will be decommissioned within 30 days so there won't be any recurring costs. It usually takes them about an hour to bring a server online, then it takes another 5 minutes or so for my rsync process to completely replicate the content. Then I simply add that host to the reverse proxy load balancer and it adds additional server capacity.

Doesn't sound like you are taking a break and relaxing for your health.

:( This is true. That will be this weekend when I'm sequestered for a few days in the hospital without internet access.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Jesus Christ you fucking people.

Is it not enough to have to wade through your anime gifs, push past your stagnant pools of Sony discussion, or face the bottomless, murky pit of daily morning pleasantries?

Now you're talking about coffee? In the sTEAm thread?

Lock this shit and throw away the key it is unsalvageable.

Jesus Christ you fucking people.

Is it not enough to have to wade through your anime gifs, push past your stagnant pools of Sony discussion, or face the bottomless, murky pit of daily morning pleasantries?

Now you're talking about coffee? In the sTEAm thread?

Lock this shit and throw away the key it is unsalvageable.
bDxwIiZ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom