• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
This game is only $0.09 but is also apparently terrible

http://store.steampowered.com/app/368990/

You can see my review of it here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/AestheticGamer/recommended/368990/

I'll keep this a bit brief. Not absolutely terrible, but it's something I wouldn't really recommend. Game is less than a hour long, story is uninteresting and lacks real presence. Character walks the speed of molasses and a lot of the game, like most of it, is padded out simply because of how slow you walk and run (with limited stamina). The game crashed on me because of a faulty audio file that wouldn't work, but was able to bypass it. A lot of the 'gameplay' is figuring out which way is the right way to go with little to no direction, the worst of this being two sections where you crawl through vents. When anything exciting happens almost, it's an automated cutscene moment where you lose control of your character and they do some action in super slow-motion. The only encounter with a 'stalker' type thing is a flipping QTE sequence. Game is stupidly dark sometimes, you have a flashlight, but a draining battery pushes you to conserve batteries and lurk in the dark. Not fun to explore sometimes, and the game punished you for it sometimes, such as a scene where exploring can end up with you locked into a death scene with a train hitting you, and then having to start the game all over. Have to watch the opening credits (about 30 seconds long) each time you boot-up the game or die.

However, game does have some nice lighting in places, the atmosphere in parts is pretty good, there's one or two moments that I feel were well handled (a scene later in involving a window pops up in my mind), most of it isn't offensively bad, just kind of ehh. Game ends abruptly on a cliffhanger "TO BE CONTINUED...".

HOWEVER, for 9 cents it has some good atmosphere and moments, I'd honestly say worth it at that price.

Aaron D.

Car Mechanic Simulator is good fun. Easily worth the dollar alone.

As an avid Simulation nerd who puts up with a LOT of jank, CMS is one of the few sims I wholeheartedly recommend to non-genre fans. It's part of the proud 1% (Euro Truck, Farm Sim, Train Sim, etc.) that is actual quality.

Car Mechanic Sim kicks ass.

Shadownet

Banned
You can see my review of it here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/AestheticGamer/recommended/368990/

HOWEVER, for 9 cents it has some good atmosphere and moments, I'd honestly say worth it at that price.

If it is a horror game. Dusk got a review for it. *thumb up*
--------------------------
I need more price mistakes. Still salty about missing out on Naruto being $8.
-------------------------
http://store.steampowered.com/app/255300/?snr=1_7_7_ut1_150_5

Price Mistake?

Speevy

Banned
Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Styx: Master of Shadows -- MB-AF4EA7BC259B3519 - Taken by ViviOggi. 66 entrants total.

t1434057679z1.png

chronomac

I can't even get the minigame page to load now. For a while it would load but I couldn't get the game running. Then when I did get it running, it had no monsters. Eventually monsters loaded and I was clicking and making progress. After a while, though, clicks weren't doing anything. It's like the game froze. So I exited the game, reentered and lost all my progress.

Valve...

lol hating on monster summer game? it's dope as hell, way better than most other cookie clickers
It's cool, when it works.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I'm really on the fence about Tales from the Borderlands. On one hand I really like Telltale's episodic games. I also really enjoyed the original Borderlands and it's humor. On the other hand, I really didn't like Borderlands 2 or the Pre-Sequel and also the game isn't finished yet. I've also been loving the hell out of Life Is Strange and I think that's really going to make this game's flaws stand out even more.

So I'm probably just going to wait for the inevitable 75% off after all the episodes have been released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom