• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sir you are being hunted is great if you are into the survival genre, especially at that price

Nabs

i got Monaco because of you chumps and no one has played with me

Never buy multiplayer (esp. co-op) games expecting to play with gaf unless someone has promised to play with you.

Unless it's Left 4 Dead 3. Then preorder that shit when it's announced.

wilflare

To reduce server load (aka me releasing an update an immediately crashing the servers for several hours) the program is set to only check for updates once every 24 hours. So some time in the next 24 hours the program will automatically update itself. You can also go to the site and redownload and rerun the setup, or download the portable version which has also been updated.

thanks updated for me!
some interesting new options - especially that "ignore Steam Client status"

(/ ^ o ^)/
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-FC17B19F974D2508 - Taken by JDHarbs. 10 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-A042D4653F69DD76 - Taken by StormBrute. 2 entrants total.
Pixel Piracy -- MB-806DAAA346D4B998 - Taken by Anilusion. 16 entrants total.

t1434096862z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
thanks updated for me!
some interesting new options - especially that "ignore Steam Client status"

There are a lot of people who run Steam as admin (which fixes some compatibility issues with older games) that causes Idle Master to think that Steam isn't running. So this option will simply ignore that warning and allow you to idle, rather than making you run Idle Master as an admin also.

Amzin

Apparently I have acquired 76 games with cards since last year when I idle mastered all my card drops. I'm not a +1'er so I have literally no idea wtf they are. I figured I had like... 4 or 5.

Time to let it run all weekend :p

tmarg

Can someone tell me about Guns of Icarus Online? Is it any good? Got amazing reviews apparently.

I think it had a pretty big run with a lot of youtubers/streamers, which is probably why it has good user reviews. I believe you need to get a pretty big group together in order to play it though, so make sure their is still a community for it, or you have someone in mind to play it with.

Jazz573

Monaco is amazingly fun with friends, and even alone.
Sir You Are Being Hunted is a pretty good procedural stealth game.
KOF, if you like fightmans.

Aaand...That's it.

Well, I own Monaco and KOF XIII, so I'll get Sir You Are Being Hunted. Are any of the other KOFs any good? What about Halo: Spartan Assault, Magicite, or the Van Helsing stuff?

It's early, but I have to say I really like the sale so far. Tons on slots for flash deals + the event unlocks, an event minigame that some people seem to like but that you can ignore without really missing anything, no market experiments.

Just give me good discounts on my weeaboo games now and everything is going to be great

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man, I almost instantly bought Lewdwerks but then I noticed it was lead :(

wilflare

There are a lot of people who run Steam as admin (which fixes some compatibility issues with older games) that causes Idle Master to think that Steam isn't running. So this option will simply ignore that warning and allow you to idle, rather than making you run Idle Master as an admin also.

ah didn't know there was such a thing
thanks for the attention to detail :D

Jazz573

Reposting in case no one saw:

Monaco is amazingly fun with friends, and even alone.
Sir You Are Being Hunted is a pretty good procedural stealth game.
KOF, if you like fightmans.

Aaand...That's it.

Well, I own Monaco and KOF XIII, so I'll get Sir You Are Being Hunted. Are any of the other KOFs any good? What about Halo: Spartan Assault, Magicite, or the Van Helsing stuff?

j0GVBOt.gif

Have I sufficiently simulated the experience of posting in the Steam thread for you?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom