• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4rter

Since a lot of people here use this...

Steam Idle Master 0.9 has been released. This version should automatically update for those that already have 0.8 installed within the next 24 hours. A "portable" version is also available for download from http://www.steamidlemaster.com.

Here is a list of the changes that have been made in this version:
  • Fixed an error that could be thrown as the result of the Steam API not responding to appdetails requests.
  • The program will now detect if the badges page fails to load for the user, and will retry every 10 seconds until the page loads.
  • An option was added that allows the user to ignore the Steam client status. This is useful for users who do not run both Idle Master and Steam as the same Windows user.
  • Idle Master will now “time out” after attempting to save your Steam information for longer than 30 seconds.
  • Fixed an issue where the timer could potentially get stuck at 0:00 which caused Idle Master to stop working.
  • An option was added that when enabled will show the logged in user name on the main form.
  • Added global blacklisted appids to prevent games like the Summer Sale app from attempting to idle
As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

Thank you! That fixed my crashing issues.

Since a lot of people here use this...

Steam Idle Master 0.9 has been released. This version should automatically update for those that already have 0.8 installed within the next 24 hours. A "portable" version is also available for download from http://www.steamidlemaster.com.

Here is a list of the changes that have been made in this version:
  • Fixed an error that could be thrown as the result of the Steam API not responding to appdetails requests.
  • The program will now detect if the badges page fails to load for the user, and will retry every 10 seconds until the page loads.
  • An option was added that allows the user to ignore the Steam client status. This is useful for users who do not run both Idle Master and Steam as the same Windows user.
  • Idle Master will now “time out” after attempting to save your Steam information for longer than 30 seconds.
  • Fixed an issue where the timer could potentially get stuck at 0:00 which caused Idle Master to stop working.
  • An option was added that when enabled will show the logged in user name on the main form.
  • Added global blacklisted appids to prevent games like the Summer Sale app from attempting to idle
As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

Ah, thanks a bunch!

It's not...

But the reviews are mostly positive. :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So just to get this right. Day 1 Milestones will expired tomorrow right? so I need to get it now?

The milestone won't unlock until the store updates in 11 hours. That's why the game as a whole ends on the second-last day of the sale.

How many cards are we supposed to get from that clicker game? I was under the impression we got at least 3 pre day and I've been stuck at 2 for hours.

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
I wish there were actually interesting discounts from the monster game. If 20% off gtav was a reward I'd care a lot more. As it stands I'm just clicking when I have nothing better to do.

Belgarion

How many cards are we supposed to get from that clicker game? I was under the impression we got at least 3 pre day and I've been stuck at 2 for hours.

How many card drops each day can you get from playing the Monster game?

3 every 24hs

7Sxckfx.png

Sch1sm

How many card drops each day can you get from playing the Monster game?

It is 3.

Over a 24 hour period, that is.

E: Oh, so fast you are. :p

Outlast. Right. This has been sitting in my wishlist for nearly half a year now, and I'm still not sure. Is it worth even 5? Is the AI well done enough I'll want to quit early from fright?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
The oddworld games are 75% off btw if you didn't notice like me because you looked at the 40% on the new one and laughed it off.

Guess I'll grab munch and strangers wrath
4 Oddworld games separately is cheaper than the bundle.. wtf..
Funnily enough they were cheaper last week (the Oddbox was half of the current discount price!), which is when I got it.
They did the same with the M&M deals, the franchise pack was 75% off yesterday as a midweek madness, but as a daily deal it's only 65% off (and thus about $10 more expensive... which annoys me, as I was going to buy it yesterday and then forgot D: )

So it's broken then, thought so

KOF games, let's go 2002 75%

Edit: oh shit it's 80%
Yep, that triple pack is so bought.
All I want now is 2003 pls

it was a good year
No it wasn't :(

Got an extra KOF 2002 gift from the 2-pack. $2.50 PP friends for it.

Also I've been playing that monster game for the majority of this night and I haven't gotten my third card drop yet.

JaseC

I wonder how old I'll be when Valve finally fixes the "Invite to group" script so that it works in Firefox.

I wonder how old I'll be when Valve finally fixes the "Invite to group" script so that it works in Firefox.

RIP JaseC.

Also~
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Bake a potato.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hexcells Infinite -- MB-87C1DF9732A5AAE0 - Taken by Zero-Crescent. 7 entrants total.

t1434101603z1.png

Atlus USA is publishing the newest title from ACE Team (Zeno Clash, Rock of Ages, Abyss Odyssey) called The Deadly Tower of Monsters. Coming to PC (and PS4). Here's a trailer. Loving the cheesy sci-fi theme and the fact ACE Team continue to make games you don't normally see.

Is Jurassic Lego going to be coming out today? Wondering how it'll portray some of the more gruesome stuff. Hoping for lego legs getting torn off.

Herp derp

Any impressions? And what is the cheapest place to grab it? Will it appear on Nuuvem?

Also, did they finally stop taking effects out of the PC versions? Gotham 3 looks pretty good so I assume so.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Herp derp

Any impressions? And what is the cheapest place to grab it? Will it appear on Nuuvem?
I want to play it, but will wait until I see the movie to avoid spoilers :p

I think the cheapest place is BundleStars as it's $24 there, and Nuuvem doesn't seem to have WB games available to purchase (have been like that for a couple of weeks).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
X05 with a 1 paragraph post... who are you and what did you do with the real X05?

JaseC

Given that the game is a temporary event and doesn't confer any rewards beyond the card drops (which everybody who runs the game daily receives regardless) and game discounts (which are basically Flash Sales and therefore are available to all), I think it's more likely that people are being slapped with a ban for something they'd done in the past (VAC bans in waves) and are incorrectly deducing that it is in relation to the meta-game.

X05

Hey now, I posted a small multiquote post a couple of pages back :p

The reality is that except for a bit today, due to an absurd excess of work I have had no life, and thus no time to read the Steam threads and post properly ;_;
I won't lie though, these short posts feel... inadequate.

didamangi

Given that the game is a temporary event and doesn't confer any rewards beyond the card drops (which everybody who runs the game daily receives regardless) and game discounts (which are basically Flash Sales and therefore are available to all), I think it's more likely that people are being slapped with a ban for something they'd done in the past (VAC bans in waves) and are incorrectly deducing that it is in relation to the meta-game.

Yeah, one user isn't enough, just bringing it to attention. Unless there's more I doubt it's true.

Jazz573

Are Magicite, Halo: Spartan, or the Van Helsing games worth anything?

Btw, I already own Van Helsing and one of its DLC, so I'd be buying the additional DLC, and Van Helsing II and its DLC. III is kind of pricey so I'll skip that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom