• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
2K10's store sub is still up on Steam and half off to boot, but this is most definitely a mistake, so be quick.
Hah, awesome, snapped that so fast.
It's a bit cheaper here even! (7.49)
Thanks a lot guys! :D
Now to track 2K9.

Would it be smart to buy a copy and sell it later?
I'm actually considering it, not sure how much demand there would be though.

Hah, awesome, snapped that so fast.
It's a bit cheaper here even! (7.49)
Thanks a lot guys! :D
Now to track 2K9.

I ran across 2K13 a few months back at another Dollarama (one of the two I know are out there), but didn't pick it up at the time because I was short on change. Been meaning to get that one too.

I'll keep a look out for 2K9 in the wild - if I come across two or more, I'll give you a shout.

Volimar

Woke up to a Bad Rats booster pack. Maybe I should take that as a sign and go back to bed.

Who was it that needed a vacuum rat card? I have an extra.

Wow, Wolfenstein The New Order at -75%.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
First off all, lets look at the name Don't Starve. It's terribly offensive to people with little money and food. It's basically making a game out of the struggle of poor, starving families out there. What I'm trying to say is that Klei is the Fox News of indie publishers, and we can't support this kind of mess on Steam.

But I will play it on Vita because achievements.
Vita means life.

Arthea

tell me it is not ridiculous, everything already unlocked, yet 0 cards?
stupidgame2g0j42.jpg

at least unlockables could have been from my wishlist, some of them...

tioslash

tell me it is not ridiculous, everything already unlocked, yet 0 cards?

at least unlockables could have been from my wishlist, some of them...

I am starting to think that it´s not 3 cards at random every 24h. Yesterday and now today I only got 1 card right after the minigame started, and no more.

M.D

Asking again - How likely is CS:GO to go cheaper? it was as low as $3.49 in the past according to isthereanydeal.com

Eila

I just don't understand how to get the cards. 3 per day would have been nice for some spare change, but I guess things weren't meant to be so easy.

Asking again - How likely is CS:GO to go cheaper? it was as low as $3.49 in the past according to isthereanydeal.com

100%

Vazduh

For a 2k game, Borderlands: TP-S still has a pretty high price (base is 55€). I remember buying BL2 9 months after the release for cca 7$.

Grief.exe

I don't like the way they handled the multiplayer situation in Don't Starve. People asked for it, they said they never intended and had absolutely no plans to do it so deal with it. Then they found it worked and said they would add to the game.. then it was to be a dlc, then they sold it as a standalone and while it is free for people who have purchased in the past, it's not free if you buy dont starve now, but it will be free later, but is currently on sale for like 15 dollars...

what?

plus no achievements, which fans ask for, and they argue ruin the game and acts as a guideway to the game. to which I say, that is bullshit because 1. they can be made hidden and 2. such thinking only shows a lack of creativity in achievement design.

basically most of the things that come out of their mouth are not logically sound. they are like the EA of indie developers

With regards to the multiplayer situation, seems fair from my position. Klei was very up front with the situation from the outset, clearly stating that Don't Starve Together would be free for all current owners after development was completed.
It's as simple as this, either get in early and help subsidize development cost, or wait for the content to become free at a later date. Even better, they threw in the Reign of Giants DLC as well, which I don't believe was in the initial proposal.

Let's sum this up so far. From a consumer standpoint we have literally received years of development cost for free, including massive updates such as Caves, Reign of the Giants, and Don't Starve Together.

Yet, you compare them to EA, which is ridiculously hyperbolic at best. This is a company that charged for the following DLC in BF4:

• Pre-order DLC.
  • 4 or 5 small map packs for $15 a pop or some exorbitant fee up front. How nice of them to give you such a deal on sight unseen content.
  • Cosmetic micro-transactions.
  • Boost micro-transactions, did I really just pay $120 up front for this game? I thought for a second it was F2P.
  • All of this garbage on top of being a broken game on launch. Which is particularly ironic considering Don't Starve released as an Early Access game on a solid foundation.

As for achievements, I've always found the argument arbitrary. Klei said they did not wish to include achievements since day one for design reasons and have stuck to that statement.
People like to latch onto the PS4 release, but in that case Sony was the client. They likely offered Klei money up front, plus a percentage of the sales to port the game. At the same time, one of the conditions of the argument was to include Trophies for consistency with other PSN games. Simple as that.
I find it hilarious that people like to point this point out, then conveniently ignore years upon years of free continued development on Don't Starve PC.

Gotta have those achievements though.

basically most of the things that come out of their mouth are not logically sound

The real irony.

lists of games > birthday wishes
I'm confused. Is it your birthday actually?
Well I spend like an hour trying to find a website where I could send you guys the link to it. You can just input your name in there. and then I can just randomly chose from it later. So that way no one can mess up names. But I don't think a free website like that exist.
Sorry bud. Messed up with googledocs recommendation -_-'
Didn't enter. Waiting for the next days :3
In honor of my awful list:
Thaaat is nice.

In honor, I'm just gonna post my gifs of it.

15481a.gif
273621.gif

Reposting my own birthday giveaway in case people missed it earlier today.
It's past midnight here. Happy birthday toki!

BruteUA

I don't think it goes that cheap anymore, apparently there was an issue with banned people buying it cheap and running multiple accounts or something. The usual "This is why we can't have nice things" thing.

I'd probably put it on the buy on the last day list, but I can't make lists here anymore.

Grief.exe

I don't think it goes that cheap anymore, apparently there was an issue with banned people buying it cheap and running multiple accounts or something. The usual "This is why we can't have nice things" thing.

CSGO already has a difficult enough of a learning curve for new users. People buying new accounts to destroy new players is an ongoing problem.

Ultimately, it comes down to a fundamental question Valve has to answer. How can you continue cultivating new users if they have a low retention rate? Good players buying cheap copies will lower that retention rate tremendously.

Kayant

Bed time -
ModBot said:
Instructions for Kayant:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1061204.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Don't Starve Plus Reign of Giants(DLC) -- MB-F82A24D694D38E1C - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 13 entrants total.
Valiant Hearts: The Great War -- MB-07439EAE9062CCF9 - Taken by Kifimbo. 29 entrants total.
Child of Light -- MB-5D9680ED090E8601 - Taken by MillionStabs. 63 entrants total.

t1434155124z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom