• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, i thought the sales question in here were bad but my god the sales thread in Gaming is unbearable.

whatever happened to the rule where not reading the OP = ban? Because that shit needs to be enforced for the sake of preserving some semblance of sanity

The first couple were funny but I was amazed, in a bad way, at how many people were buying everything in sight, regardless of the dailies/flash/monster game sales.

^child of light and valiant hearts look great.. but UPLAY, don't starve looks interesting.. but KLEI... wat to do wat to do

for europeans it's called Front Office Handegg

It's a shame that Ubisoft stopped putting games on GOG but then, if it did, Uplay wouldn't exist at all so we probably wouldn't need them on GOG. Damn you, Ubisoft.

Asking again - How likely is CS:GO to go cheaper? it was as low as $3.49 in the past according to isthereanydeal.com

Not likely given that it stopped dropping to $3.49 two years ago to curb cheating and smurfing.

So it's my birthday tomorrow and I wanted to do something for one of my favorite GAF communities. So good luck to people entering.

PS: Sorry to previous winners this week. I know the sale thread gets a lot of giveaways and I just wanted new people to get a chance at winning something.

Happy birthday! In England it's the day after you posted so technically it's your birthday :p

Getting real sick of this atlus.
With so many Japanese devs/pubs bringing more and more stuff to PC, I am confident ATLUS/SEGA will follow soon with their big guns. Persona etc.

Makes only sense. PC folks are usually fine with functioning straight ports. Can't be that hard to pull that off.

Sarcasm

With so many Japanese devs/pubs bringing more and more stuff to PC, I am confident ATLUS/SEGA will follow soon with their big guns. Persona etc.

Makes only sense. PC folks are usually fine with functioning straight ports. Can't be that hard to pull that off.

Ah you mean block the shit out of my country? Yep.

Sometimes Jim's videos are fun to watch but sometimes I get the impression he "forces to hate stuff" just to please his viewers.
Now, I'm sure the game is not that hot but sadly I can't take Jim's anything serious.
Don't know how long he can ride that persona of his.

This one is really bad though. They made a coop game named ALONE in the dark for starters. Then, they copied the light mechanics from Alan Wake, but did it an a pretty half hassed way, and then they forgot to make a real game out of it. Sad, I liked the older Alone in the Dark games.

tmarg

Sometimes Jim's videos are fun to watch but sometimes I get the impression he "forces to hate stuff" just to please his viewers.
Now, I'm sure the game is not that hot but sadly I can't take Jim's anything serious.
Don't know how long he can ride that persona of his.

I don't think he hates stuff in order to please viewers, I just think he talks about stuff he hates more because it gets more views. I'll agree it get tiring hearing about how everything is terrible constantly though.

louiedog

I don't think he hates stuff in order to please viewers, I just think he talks about stuff he hates more because it gets more views. I'll agree it get tiring hearing about how everything is terrible constantly though.

What does it say when some of the most popular voices are Cynical and Angry? This is what many people want apparently.

So apparently I won something on the AW stream but I don't know where do they send the key? Is it on twitch inbox or do they send directly to your registered email?

autoduelist

Ok, nobody answered so i'll repeat my question and add a second question for good measure:

1) is there anyway to see games from a specific tag/genre in my library? ie, if i want to see all the tower defense games i own?

2) I'm trying to play a game (atom zombie smasher) and first the screen was like 4 times too big for my screen (i only saw the top corner). So then i ran borderlesswindows and now the size is correct... but the mouse is way off (when the mouse pointer bottoms out it's still halfway up my screen).

How do i fix that?

derExperte

Skipped to the middle, saw Suacunt, downvoted video, closed tab. Please understand.

Ok, nobody answered so i'll repeat my question and add a second question for good measure:

1) is there anyway to see games from a specific tag/genre in my library? ie, if i want to see all the tower defense games i own?

Not automatically, you have to tag games yourself and then you can choose to only show certain categories.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

Cynicism in gaming is an issue of itself.

So apparently I won something on the AW stream but I don't know where do they send the key? Is it on twitch inbox or do they send directly to your registered email?

after the stream is over he sends the codes to your inbox on Twitch...it'll be in the Other folder if you don't follow that Lenard guy...it's a key for the game they are playing

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

your best bet would be to browse on steam, click the tag, and use the highlight function or enhanced steam to tell you if you own it.

This one is really bad though. They made a coop game named ALONE in the dark for starters. Then, they copied the light mechanics from Alan Wake, but did it an a pretty half hassed way, and then they forgot to make a real game out of it. Sad, I liked the older Alone in the Dark games.
That doesn't sound good :/
Future-proofing is never useless.
True. I'm always arguing how "free remasters with time" on PC are cool but it would also be cool if they had settings for hariworks etc. that actually worked in time.

zkylon

zkylewd
love this thing of getting home, seeing i'm still level 0, try to start my own game, doesn't work, try to join someone else's, they're all level a million so can't join either

i literally can't play this thing

another success by valve, creators of videogames

Nope. You can get your brazilian buddy to buy them for you, though.
you mean salsa's buddy

maybe

The cc trick no longer works when logged in as one's store region is now account-bound, but even if it did, you'd be engaging in cross-region purchasing, which is bad. Since Argentina is part of the CSA classification, though, you can accept gifts from Brazil/Mexico.
uhh ok

sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom