• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

How the hell did you forget Robocop.

I give them props for changing around some stuff which could've made things interesting like Robocop meeting his wife and kid. But going by what people involved said the studio suddenly started interfering and decided to retool the movie into a tame, bland borefest.

yuraya

Evil Dead is all about gore and lacks the wit/charm of the originals. Terribly bland cast too.

Agree 100%. The original Evil Dead was a cult classic and one of the funniest/weirdest/scariest movies ever made. Everyone needs to watch that movie. Also on a very low budget.

The remake was a shitshow. Just blood and gore. No style. No substance. Just typical hollywood garbage. Its not really surprising tho. Horror movies from the 80s were literally a billion times better than any modern day stuff.

Jawmuncher

So why did the trend of trainers having music with them start from anyway? Not that i'm complaining. Or else I wouldn't have this amazing piece of music. Actually put that on a CD at my works gym. Was amazing seeing everyone's face when that played instead of some garbage rock as usual.

Salsa

Evil Dead is all about gore and lacks the wit/charm of the originals. Terribly bland cast too.

I really liked the remake, and in part is because it tried to do something different rather than re-create something that just wouldnt live up to the original for many, many reasons. mostly just being a product of a different era.

full diclosure; fede alvarez was a film school bud and I was excited going in knowing a uruguayan was gettin to do an Evil Dead movie which is just nuts

but yeah he's a true fan and he knew what he wanted to do going in. It's different but that's way better than trying to match the unmatchable. Calling it "typical hollywood garbage" is weird considering the project was literally just made by Bruce Campbell, Sam Raimi, and Federico, who had never done a hollywood movie before.

think about how much further they could have scrwed it up and what the backlash was when announced

Turfster

So, I want to do HIB, but reCAPTCHA isn't working.

Pay more than the average and it'll go away!

Maybe a script blocker is blocking it?

So why did the trend of trainers having music with them start from anyway? Not that i'm complaining. Or else I wouldn't have this amazing piece of music. Actually put that on a CD at my works gym. Was amazing seeing everyone's face when that played instead of some garbage rock as usual.

As old as the hills.
Also see: cracktros on old systems.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just noticed that there's no mysterious card with "3" on it and they're almost all mislabeled as a result. Pretty funny in-joke I guess.

rtcn63

Half of those movies weren't terrible, they just lacked the "soul" of the originals, which is fine. They were all products of their time and place, just like the new ones are reflective of modern blockbuster film making.

Or something, I'm just making it up as I go. I dunno shit. Although it does seem to be a bit better with regards to television- Fargo, Red Dwarf X, even Doctor Who (the early seasons at least).

Nabs

I got Mysterious Card 2 with a giant 3 on it. What do I win?

330x192

derExperte

http://store.steampowered.com/app/366250/

header.jpg

“METAL SLUG ”, the very first title in SNK’s legendary 2D run & gun action shooting game series where all began, returns to the missions on the Steam gaming platform!

I really liked the remake, and in part is because it tried to do something different rather than re-create something that just wouldnt live up to the original for many, many reasons. mostly just being a product of a different era.

full diclosure; fede alvarez was a film school bud and I was excited going in knowing a uruguayan was gettin to do an Evil Dead movie which is just nuts

but yeah he's a true fan and he knew what he wanted to do going in. It's different but that's way better than trying to match the unmatchable. Calling it "typical hollywood garbage" is weird considering the project was literally just made by Bruce Campbell, Sam Raimi, and Federico, who had never done a hollywood movie before.

think about how much further they could have scrwed it up and what the backlash was when announced

It's a well made film and I appreciate it having copious amounts of blood, something which too many movies that should have that are afraid of these days (see Robocop). But everything else didn't work, felt like the movie's going through one gore-setpiece after another without anything interesting connecting them. Not sure if the really, reaaally lame cast or the script was the main problem. I never cared for any of them and wasn't expecting a new Bruce Campell, just someone to latch onto. Positive example: Cabin in the Woods. That felt fresh, original and was scary-funny.

zkylon

zkylewd
not a fan of evil dead 1 and 3 but really liked 2. kind of like the perfect dose of silly and wasn't that gross either, which i can appreciate

never knew there was a remake, why would anyone want to watch that...

So it begins...

I still wonder how much I will spend on Steam alone and how much on other sites that will even offer cheaper prices for Games on my wishlist.

wilflare

what's this itch.io thing that I've been seeing?

:O and I can't find the thread on a weird browser game that GAF was up and about some weeks back

I totally forgot that the market restrictions would apply to metagame items and sale cards.

That...kinda sucks. Unless they change it the restrictions will completely screw up being able to sell cards, or trade for cards, or sell rewards, etc.

Essentially it'll make it a lone-wolf event. Kinda ruins the community aspect of sales.

mrgone

I totally forgot that the market restrictions would apply to metagame items and sale cards.

That...kinda sucks. Unless they change it the restrictions will completely screw up being able to sell cards, or trade for cards, or sell rewards, etc.

Essentially it'll make it a lone-wolf event. Kinda ruins the community aspect of sales.

If it's like the last few events and the cards have a short lifespan, there's a good chance they'll lift the restrictions on those during the sale, at least. I can't see them cutting out the market on that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So now they've updated all the cards and released the "3" card (probably so people could complete sets) but they're still all named incorrectly. I guess at this point I'm not surprised.

The badge page looks correct though so I'm not even sure what's going on exactly.

I know there are probably a lot of these going around but I just bought the humble weekly bundle with Company of Heroes 2 in it. Looking forward to playing that, I had been waiting for it to be at a low price for a while now and I loved the first one so it should be a bit of fun.

Anyway, I have some codes left over. PM me if you wany any of the following. Freely given of course.

Company of Heroes™ Complete Edition
Warhammer® 40K: Space Marine
Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War II

Edit: Sorry guys all gone :(

So I got this new gig working at a call center doing warm calling for a non-profit

I do my job so well that all the social robots who are glued to their telephone scripts started copying me after a couple hours

And nearly $60 in card money

Life is good

Turfster

So now they've updated all the cards and released the "3" card (probably so people could complete sets) but they're still all named incorrectly. I guess at this point I'm not surprised.

The badge page looks correct though so I'm not even sure what's going on exactly.

What? Valve, no!
It was funny.
Now it's just making you look incompetent.

----

This looks like it'll be an interesting jam.

Anyone playing that Lego Worlds game? Kind of shocked at how good it looks for the price, can't play it right now because I don't have a graphics card. Thursday and my 980Ti will be here though!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
No lie, "urus" sounds like a race of aliens my protagonist ludonarrative-dissonances into extinction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom