• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Impressions/Review Thing
header.jpg
Beat Witcher 3. After finally getting the groove for it I basically couldn't put it down. Is basically everything Dragon Age Inquistion should have been. It more than made up for Witcher 2 which I wasn't a big fan of (though extreme hype for that one didn't help matters. While some of those "perfect" reviews scores might have been a bit much, it's easily worth a play for anyone a fan of RPGs. Even if you didn't like the previous entries. It even manages to stand on its own pretty well all things considered. My biggest gripe would just be while the combat works, wish it was a bit better. It's never too big of a hindrance though. A small complaint I had was the armor. The set you start with is basically the coolest looking. Yet you ended up wearing patched rags and the like because it has better armor. Which is just odd. Granted you get some better looking stuff as the game progresses, but more of it should have looked better.

As for spoiler stuff
kind of wish the entries afterward would have been a tad more. Doesn't even tell me what Yennefer is up to. Sure I picked Triss over here, but it would be nice to know if she died or something. Not a big deal though since I just dropped her off on the curb. Also with that said kind of wish the romance stuff was a tad bit better. Despite deciding on Triss earlier on and finishing her quest, they still tried to hammer on Yennefer. This could have been resolved with more character dialogs popping up as quests. A perfect example was in kaer morhen where Yennefer kisses geralt right in front of Triss. No conversation or anything about that. Hell a lot of times dialog didn't seem to even bring her up even though the topics easily could. Guess romance stuff would be the main thing CDPR needs to work on

Impressions/Review Thing

Beat Witcher 3. After finally getting the groove for it I basically couldn't put it down. Is basically everything Dragon Age Inquistion should have been. It more than made up for Witcher 2 which I wasn't a big fan of (though extreme hype for that one didn't help matters. While some of those "perfect" reviews scores might have been a bit much, it's easily worth a play for anyone a fan of RPGs. Even if you didn't like the previous entries. It even manages to stand on its own pretty well all things considered. My biggest gripe would just be while the combat works, wish it was a bit better. It's never too big of a hindrance though. A small complaint I had was the armor. The set you start with is basically the coolest looking. Yet you ended up wearing patched rags and the like because it has better armor. Which is just odd. Granted you get some better looking stuff as the game progresses, but more of it should have looked better.

You realize that your gripes about the armor are based entirely on your opinion, right? ;)
What I mean is that it's purely cosmetic and doesn't affect gameplay/story one bit -- and beyond that, beauty/eye/beholder and all that. :p

By the end of the Witcher 3 I'd said fuck it and was just wearing massive Knight Armor. Didn't seem to affect stamina all that much, lol.

Jawmuncher

You realize that your gripes about the armor are based entirely on your opinion, right? ;)

I should have rephrased that. I didn't meant to put armor twice. The armor sets look good, but a lot of times I was getting shirts that had better defense but looked bad. An example would be that shirt from the sliding gif. I was getting stuff like that but different colors more so than anything else.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of MMBosstones86, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MMBosstones86, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Witcha 3 -- MB-E2E66DC4A5B51615 - Taken by BruteUA. 41 entrants total.

t1433249532z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm probably just going to put something together over the next couple of days and just post it in the thread. I mean it's not like anyone reads the OP after the first 20 posts in the thread anyways.

yeah that's true

sometimes i wish threads had like a stickied header or something

Clearly it didn't.

Because there is no giant corporate asshole paying them to limit it to PC the way console exclusives are acquired.
i mean, tbh to me xcom1 felt more limited by firaxis' poor balancing than consoles

Sorry about that I've been swamped at work the last few days. I'll try to get this included in the OP soon.
too late you already hurt my feelings

wilflare

just switched over from ABP to uBlock Origin
(initially, I thought you guys were talking about blocking EA's Origin - I'm like woah....)

Why would anyone want to remake such an amazing movie?

I like The Rock.
I love Big Trouble in Little China.

I have never, ever, thought "Gee, I think The Rock would be an awesome fit for this movie, I wish they'd do a remake."

Steam sale this month? Time to buy 50 games then just end up playing Splatoon.

If you're just going to play splatoon, don't even bother with the 50 games, since you've already lost.

I like The Rock.
I love Big Trouble in Little China.

I have never, ever, thought "Gee, I think The Rock would be an awesome fit for this movie, I wish they'd do a remake."

Same here. Hopefully it'll never happen, they tried to remake Escape from New York many times and so far haven't succeeded.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So... uh, is there any way to force Vsync in the Witcher: Enhanced Edition? The Nvidia panel apparently doesn't force it.

mrgone

Same here. Hopefully it'll never happen, they tried to remake Escape from New York many times and so far haven't succeeded.

Throw it in the pile with:
Arthur
Evil Dead
The Thing
Conan the Barbarian
Footloose
Red Dawn
The Karate Kid
Friday the 13th
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Poltergeist
Total Recall

Awful, cash-in, rage-inducing bullshit for new audiences that don't know better or "know" they don't like anything with film grain.

There's a godawful looking Point Break remake coming out later this year, too.

So... uh, is there any way to force Vsync in the Witcher: Enhanced Edition? The Nvidia panel apparently doesn't force it.

D3DOverrider will do it. I had the same issue with the AMD vsync stuff.

edit; It doesn't look like there's a separate version of D3DOverrider - it's part of the Rivatuner package.

zkylon

zkylewd
had a pretty shitty day, but reading all the angry posts at mike fahey's non-playthrough video of hatred almost made up for everything

Teknoman

So with Windows 10 free upgrade right around the corner...all my Steam cloud saves should be just fine, and pop up after a fresh install right? I've never really had to access anything from steam cloud, so im not really clear on how its backup works.

Momentary

Banned
I should have rephrased that. I didn't meant to put armor twice. The armor sets look good, but a lot of times I was getting shirts that had better defense but looked bad. An example would be that shirt from the sliding gif. I was getting stuff like that but different colors more so than anything else.

Never got the School of the Cat, Griffin, and Bear sets That was basically like 12 unique sets of armor that looked AMAZING compared to everything else in the game. Right now I've got tier 2 Griffin and tier 2 Cat and they are pretty elite sets of gear. I still haven't left Velen.

Kagemusha

That Lego World game has some crazy Morrowind evil going on in its sick heart. Ended up in a Deaedric ruin with headhunters, zombies, human hearts and severed heads in cauldruns. I managed to escape Ghost Gate on a green bike to a Mushroom Forest.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Do you already get any card if you craft a badge ?

Just tried and did not get a card.

0/10, would not believe this thread's lies again.

update: Looked in my inventory and the card is there, but was not on the badge screen/screen that shows up once you craft a badge.

10/10, would not believe Valve's lies again.

kurahador

Urghh...seems like there's one week wait until you can sell stuff from crafting. If you're thinking of selling the sale cards earlier, better get crafting now.

derExperte

Urghh...seems like there's one week wait until you can sell stuff from crafting. If you're thinking of selling the sale cards earlier, better get crafting now.

Only if you used a card for crafting that's restricted.

Yes, I got a mystery card just now.

330x192

Prices already crashing.

Lomax

After getting burned last sale holding onto my cards I'm definitely dumping them this time. Which of course means we'll get a major event and the prices will skyrocket.

Double edit: I will say, that unlike in the Winter Sale, we're back to "mystery cards," which isn't what they did then. So they're at least putting a bit of effort into it this time, which probably increases the chance of some sort of event.

Edit: My first card... does Valve even have a QA department?

8ssfA6V.png

I should have never doubted you <3

I sort of figured that this would happen, but I'm still disappointed.

It's going to make things weird...
Buy cards to craft badges for meta, if that's a thing, and then all the stuff you get from it is trade restricted... it's going to funk up the flow of the market transactions.

KingKong

Theres really no reason not to wait until the sale to see what the metagame is, assuming you're a sane person that will craft a single badge at most

Kuroyume

Banned
Arthur
Evil Dead
The Thing
Conan the Barbarian
Footloose
Red Dawn
The Karate Kid
Friday the 13th
Poltergeist
Total Recall

Awful, cash-in, rage-inducing bullshit for new audiences that don't know better or "know" they don't like anything with film grain.

There's a godawful looking Point Break remake coming out later this year, too.

D3DOverrider will do it. I had the same issue with the AMD vsync stuff.

edit; It doesn't look like there's a separate version of D3DOverrider - it's part of the Rivatuner package.

The Thing wasn't a remake... Although it felt like one. I liked it. And I still need to watch Evil Dead but it had pretty positive reviews and kickstarted the upcoming TV show so it's all cool. Friday the 13th was okay... The Friday the 13th movies weren't exactly classics. Fuck everything else on that list though.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It's going to make things weird...
Buy cards to craft badges for meta, if that's a thing, and then all the stuff you get from it is trade restricted... it's going to funk up the flow of the market transactions.

I assume that it could still be possible for Valve to make the sale items exempt from the restrictions. I honestly wonder if the market restrictions have actually done anything useful.

Can't remember, how/when did we know about the auctions before winter sale? I guess that won't be a thing this time.

One week ahead of time, I think.

Jawmuncher

The Thing wasn't a remake... Although it felt like one. I liked it. And I still need to watch Evil Dead but it had pretty positive reviews and kickstarted the upcoming TV show so it's all cool. Friday the 13th was okay... The Friday the 13th movies weren't exactly classics. Fuck everything else on that list though.

Evil Dead is amazing. I don't even like horror movies, but I loved the hell out of it.
Also I agree I enjoyed the thing as well.

Arthur
Evil Dead
The Thing
Conan the Barbarian
Footloose
Red Dawn
The Karate Kid
Friday the 13th
Poltergeist
Total Recall

Awful, cash-in, rage-inducing bullshit for new audiences that don't know better

Please, be more condescending.

derExperte

Evil Dead is all about gore and lacks the wit/charm of the originals. Terribly bland cast too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom