• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sini

ndueLeg.gif

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Are the card drops from the monster game random? Store page says that you get them just by playing. I got 3 in the first day of the sale but only 1 after the game reset

Arthea

Are the card drops from the monster game random? Store page says that you get them just by playing. I got 3 in the first day of the sale but only 1 after the game reset

I finally managed to get one today by creating a new game, you might want to try that.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I finally managed to get one today by creating a new game, you might want to try that.

Yeah that worked. Well, I lost my team's progress but they sucked anyway :p

This has to be the laziest and silliest sale metagame Valve has ever done. Also I am surprised that this time they didn't try to exploit their userbase by selling overpriced digital crap in the market like last year

Arthea

Yeah that worked. Well, I lost my team's progress but they sucked anyway :p

This has to be the laziest and silliest sale metagame Valve has ever done. Also I am surprised that this time they didn't try to exploit their userbase by selling overpriced digital crap in the market like last year

I have to agree with you here, that's why I call it a stupid game.
It's so incredible gltichy and I don't think it helps servers, seeing as I have problems with steam working in many ways. It would be nice they did nothing like this in the future.

Anteater

lara croft and the guardian of light is still so good, already beat it with my friend on the ps3 when it first came out, and since I have access to it over family sharing I loaded it up again and it's still pretty fun!

and they aren't kidding when they called this one tomb the spider tomb

tumblr_m7jdqhnz4y1rasc4e0l.gif

game looks great and runs very well, and hbao+ is also fantastic with this game.

titch

I won on the Alienware stream! 2 for 2.

Nothing for nboyd71 when i checked the twitch inbox :(

Alright so am I missing anyone else? No one else seem to be entering, so this might be the best time to end this giveaway. I'll re-post the giveaway here. Quote to reveal. I'll draw the name in 30 mins. 9PM EST

Giveaway #1: Ziggurat

Nice Giveaways Shadow!!!! Already got it great game!!!

Idling is fine, just type something in chat every once in a while.

Cheers I need to keep the browser onscreen or it drops the stream

Congrats to all the winners in the stream! :)

Ditto

Hey, how likely is it that Alien Isolation goes as low as $12.49 (75% off)? I know it's going to go lower than the current 50% when it's a flash/daily but do you think it'll reach 75% off?

I thought i got it cheaper early this year buy would need to go back and check

I have a fancy new avatar

Sweet!!!!!
I've had this stupid clicker thing running all day and no cards. Wonder what the deal is. I got 2 cards right away yesterday.

Same here i jumped out of the steamgaf game and into another and got a drop straight away!!!!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats the word on the release date for Darkwood?

god I hate early access

didamangi

lara croft and the guardian of light is still so good, already beat it with my friend on the ps3 when it first came out, and since I have access to it over family sharing I loaded it up again and it's still pretty fun!

Too bad the sequel is such a disappointment, while it's still fun the puzzles are non-existent compared to the first one. Making it a 4 player co-op is a bad decision IMO.

I loved playing the first one, single player was great, co-op was even better figuring out the puzzles together.

Anteater

Too bad the sequel is such a disappointment, while it's still fun the puzzles are non-existent compared to the first one. Making it a 4 player co-op is a bad decision IMO.

I loved playing the first one, single player was great, co-op was even better figuring out the puzzles together.

yeah the online was also kind of glitchy on my end too for the sequel. Didn't like the weird loot stuff either.

Shadownet

Banned
So I accidentally left the GAF room. But its giving me a choice upgrade my abilities using the bonus points. Should I do it now or wait.

Shadownet

Banned
Only 3 hours left. No harm in it

But I mean, if I use it now. would it not be there for day 3? or if I don't use it now. those bonus points will disappear.
------------------------------------
Giveaway, last call. 10 mins before it's locked.

Quote to reveal link.

How much of a chance of CSGO going on a daily sale? Do I wait or do I just straight out buy it at it's current price?

Yep, a damn shame for a series that had so much potential, who thought adding 4 players into a game like this would be of any fun, it broke the whole concept IMO and probably restricted a lot of the devs creativity which probably explains the lack of more puzzles.

Is the "card drops remaining" broken, or indicating something different? Earlier this morning it said "4 card drops remaining," I tried to join my game, got a card, and now it says "5 card drops remaining." Is it really indicating how many card drops I've received? Or what's going on?

madjoki

How much of a chance of CSGO going on a daily sale? Do I wait or do I just straight out buy it at it's current price?

Pretty small, no harm waiting thought.

You always get that option when entering a new room, as you're starting from scratch. You'll most likely need to spend them again when you rejoin the Steam room.

Yeah, points are given every time.

Is the "card drops remaining" broken, or indicating something different? Earlier this morning it said "4 card drops remaining," I tried to join my game, got a card, and now it says "5 card drops remaining." Is it really indicating how many card drops I've received? Or what's going on?

It's how many you've received. I think same happen during last sale, so Valve is just too lazy to fix.

Shadownet

Banned
Congratulation NingenJanai! You won Fortune Summoners!
weirdly enough only a handful of people entered. y'all hate waifu games now eh?

Shadownet

Banned
My birthday is not for a short while. But I can't wait till then to give back something to you guys so here it is.

I'm doing 23 giveaways. There are only 5 rules.
1. Please only enter for games you don't have.
2. Once you win something, you are no longer eligible to win any other giveaways. So think about and make sure that it is the game you want. Maybe the next one might be better.
3. I reserve the right to take off any name that was entered if I find out you're a lurker or whatever.
4. Each giveaway will most likely be either 24 hours or until people stop entering. Whatever happen first. I will give a warning post before I close up the giveaway.
5. Don't wish me Happy Birthday yet. If you do, I will send ninjas and spiders after you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please quote to reveal the link, input your name and good luck!

Giveaway #4: Nidhogg & Detour

Lain

Finally got my second card drop from the meta game (dropped after the death of the level 10 boss). I didn't manage to get back into the big gaf group though so 1390 will be my highest level for the day.
Now to try and find a way to get the third card drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom