• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

That didn't happen in Symphonia, is this actually the case with the more recent entries or just a Milamber fantasy?

Part fantasy but the hooks are there. Just some additional relationship dialogue for the PS2 era Tales games which leads you to getting better moves. I can't remember as it is all a blur to me.

Milamber

To be fair, Geralt fucks anything that walks. Witcher just ain't a place for heroes.

You are the course of Geralt's actions. You can choose whether you want to do it or not.

Then again, If I had a vasectomy that ensures no consequences, I'd probably be going down on any girl that so much as blinks at me. None of this condom bullshit.

Grief.exe

Was thinking of buying SALT but no achieves! Come on guys you are better than that!

EA games always seem to add them in later on in development.

The three sea-based, Early Access, survival games, Salt, Subnautica, and Stranded Deep all have over 90+% approval ratings on Steam.

I'm probably missing some.

EDIT: The Forest fits most of the requirements, as it takes place on an island, and has over 90% on its review score, but it doesn't really have too many sea mechanics.

EA games always seem to add them in later on in development.

The three sea-based, Early Access, survival games, Salt, Subnautica, and Stranded Deep all have over 90+% approval ratings on Steam.

I'm probably missing some.

But which is the best? Salt demo was coolish

Anteater

0MPPwK5.jpg

oh damn a cel shaded transformers brawler

Just back from watching Jurassic World.
I didn't expect anything like masterpiece, so I totally enjoyed it 8/10.

Anyway, meh sales so far.
I've only spent like $5. I hope ESO will be on sale soon.

Parsnip

The way Witcher 3 treats some of its story (including Yennefer's and Geralt's past relations) is weird. It feels like the game assumes I read the books or something.

Jawmuncher

I'm glad that CDPR didn't pander to new comers and made another ME3.
I don't see how adding a little more story to the romance options for those who didn't read is pandering. You're wondering why no really cares for yennefer and it's obvious because most don't know the back story. I was talking about like a refresher dialog exchange not for the whole story to be retold.
0MPPwK5.jpg

oh damn a cel shaded transformers brawler
95% platinums new game. Hope it doesn't suck like most people say Korra did. Has the graphics going for it at least.
Just back from watching Jurassic World.
I didn't expect anything like masterpiece, so I totally enjoyed it 8/10.

Anyway, meh sales so far.
I've only spent like $5. I hope ESO will be on sale soon.

Glad you liked it. Still waiting here.

BigAT

Meat.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BigAT, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Super Meat Boy -- MB-8422825296731B0E - Taken by Mixed2k

Deitus

95% platinums new game. Hope it doesn't suck like most people say Korra did. Has the graphics going for it at least.

Is that what Platinum is going to do from now on? Every year put out a new action game based on an American cartoon license with an impossibly short development time. I mean I'm glad they're finding a way to pay the bills, but I just really hope they don't become a licensed game factory.

Dwalls

Neo Member
Is that what Platinum is going to do from now on? Every year put out a new action game based on an American cartoon license with an impossibly short development time. I mean I'm glad they're finding a way to pay the bills, but I just really hope they don't become a licensed game factory.

Was the Korra game that bad?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

and yet the internet will still wet themselves at just the name Platinum

it was a 2 hour long ps2-era style budget action game, like the kind we had dozens of in bargain bins in those days. Even down to the blocky buldings and empty wide streets.

Anteater

It's an alright watered down action brawler, it's worth playing if you like that sorta game, probably not worth the $16 for a lot of people though, I enjoyed it more than stuff like Marlow Briggs that gets a lot of praise here all the time.

Lain

It was limited and with the graphical restrictions that a low budget impose plus some parts (like the bear runs) feel more like an acquired taste than something truly good. The fighting part of the game with the switching around of the power though was great.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Pretty sure for the budget and the name attached it probably sold better than they thought. Especially if this is indeed activist on and platinum again on transformers.

Activist On

dat phone auto correction :p

Dwalls

Neo Member
and yet the internet will still wet themselves at just the name Platinum

it was a 2 hour long ps2-era style budget action game, like the kind we had dozens of in bargain bins in those days. Even down to the blocky buldings and empty wide streets.

Bad to alright from what I heard. It's definitely considered low on the platinum ladder.

It's an alright watered down action brawler, it's worth playing if you like that sorta game, probably not worth the $16 for a lot of people though, I enjoyed it more than stuff like Marlow Briggs that gets a lot of praise here all the time.

It was limited and with the graphical restrictions that a low budget impose plus some parts (like the bear runs) feel more like an acquired taste than something truly good. The fighting part of the game with the switching around of the power though was great.

Damn, too bad. I like the show it's based on (the original avatar was better though). I had it on my mental wishlist for a while.

I don't see how adding a little more story to the romance options for those who didn't read is pandering. You're wondering why no really cares for yennefer and it's obvious because most don't know the back story. I was talking about like a refresher dialog exchange not for the whole story to be retold.
You have to be on heavy media blackout to not know, also the game has character info in the journal system.

Lots of players picked Triss because 1)she's always (and supposed to be) the easy one 2)she's been in the games since the start 3)redhead (ugh)

There's simply too much stuff for "remember this thing we did" dialogues.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What is the biggest discount Steam has ever given? 90%?

Not really. It's a series of bars to fill up. I found it pretty fun to dial the difficulty down and then try to cause some absurd results. For example, motorists detest me in my most recent game, but thanks to my policies they now comprise 0.0% of the population, so...
No, it's nothing like that.

This looks hilarious.

Jawmuncher

You have to be on heavy media blackout to not know, also the game has character info in the journal system.

Lots of players picked Triss because 1)she's always (and supposed to be) the easy one 2)she's been in the games since the start 3)redhead (ugh)

There's simply too much stuff for "remember this thing we did" dialogues.

I just disagree. Really doubt a lot of those 4 million sales even know what they got lore wise. They saw the high scores and a game to fill the open RPG void. Also I would factor in that triss being the first option while yennefer comes later on plays a big part as well.

Regardless of all that I just don't see how a tad more dialog would have hurt things. They had already put this much work into the game. I think they could have managed some dialogs without it feeling odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom