• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't do 7 Days To Die. I bought it on a friends recommendation last summer sale. I still regret that $18 after the hours spent in it. Between
fairly
shitty animations, a crafting system that's absolutely terrible, and the community being such a mess, I can't recommend it. Spend it on a better game. Put the money toward Dying Light if it doesn't get discounted more.

I just put in for a refund for it. Bought it back in February for a project I didn't get reimbursed for. I hated my time with it.

Turfster

How does anyone ever even log in with the browser?
Normal browser, "incorrect login"
Clean browser just downloaded off the internet, "incorrect login"
wat.

So I know it's not going on the Summer Sale since it just released into Early Access, but does anyone have impressions on ARK: Survival Evolved? Heard it has some serious FPS issues but wasn't sure if that was blown out of proportion.

derExperte

I won't be surprised at all if my game group makes it to level 6,000 by tomorrow. We're blowing through stages faster than it can register.

We're even gaining ground on that other group with Priit which was way ahead at the beginning.

And I won't even mention the level the huge GAF group is still at, don't want to embarrass them.

The_Monk

The Dark Eye Universe Bundle seems interesting at 90% off. Specially if someone is interested in Blackguards, might as well pick up all the other games as well. I haven't played any of them but I heard good things from Memoria and The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/44166/

It's from the guys who gave us The Night of the Rabbit so I hope those two to be a charming experience as well.

the first 2 games that barely mention Yennefer and dont mention Ciri at all? Those first 2 games? Yes, yes I did
Oh? I thought Ciri was a new character for Witcher 3 but Yennefer I heard before Witcher 3 on the web.
I didn't read anything about those in the first game but being still at the very first level in Witcher 2 I was hoping to see Yennefer at least in the game.

Guess I won't then.

We're even gaining ground on that other group with Priit which was way ahead at the beginning.

And I won't even mention the level the huge GAF group is still at, don't want to embarrass them.

It seems level 1500 empowered the group - they killed the boss instantly and ploughed through 10 levels in 15 seconds.

I can't even keep up anymore. I'm just playing for points. People are popping 6-7 Raining Gold's on the bosses at once.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The evil within its $15, worth it?

Evil Within is a huge love it/hate it game, some adore it, some loathe it. This partially has to do with the game being a bit demanding in areas, a lot of the bosses have one-hit kill moves, and the game changes pacing and tone a lot. It, however, is a 15-hour long game with a ton of variety, and I did enjoy it very much myself, so I would say worth it if you're not an easily frustrated gamer and like an action-horror game with a twist of surrealism and not always technically sound, but certainly at the very least an experience with its own highs and lows.

My favorite parts of the game are probably Chapters 3. 4. 7. 9, 10, 13, personally.

Asgaro

FR Sent - i've been doing the same too!!!!

*virtual high five* !

Added you for no reason :v

5FlyLa9.gif

The prices on the original Rocksmith and the Disc Import Tool are terrible. I've been waiting for a price drop but I think I'll probably just have to eat it, as historically they've never been lower and it seems that Ubisoft is pulling a Ubi and never discounting them past a certain point.

Vuze

I'm looking to pick up one of the Tomb Raider games currently on sale (I already own TR2013, Temple of Osiris and Guardian of Light). Which one is your favorite (and preferably offers smooth controls by todays standards)?

derExperte

I'm looking to pick up one of the Tomb Raider games currently on sale (I already own TR2013, Temple of Osiris and Guardian of Light). Which one is your favorite (and preferably offers smooth controls by todays standards)?

Anniversary is fantastic, then Underworld, then Legend.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The prices on the original Rocksmith and the Disc Import Tool are terrible. I've been waiting for a price drop but I think I'll probably just have to eat it, as historically they've never been lower and it seems that Ubisoft is pulling a Ubi and never discounting them past a certain point.

I was going to skip the DLC for the original game myself, but after noticing its age I figured I'd bite the bullet. Steam Sales says half off is as low as it's gone, so 40% off isn't too bad.

Shadownet

Banned
Don't do 7 Days To Die. I bought it on a friends recommendation last summer sale. I still regret that $18 after the hours spent in it. Between
fairly
shitty animations, a crafting system that's absolutely terrible, and the community being such a mess, I can't recommend it. Spend it on a better game. Put the money toward Dying Light if it doesn't get discounted more.

No. Nonononononono. I already don't like crafting games, and this is even worse.
Thanks. Was about to buy it. Gonna save money now I guess.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Almost level 1000

Jumping on the steamgaf group is paying off

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
that's probably what he's questioning

It should be an easy answer though and, more importantly, only one he can give himself.

Are you interested in this game? If yes then 24 cents is stupidly small money. Are you only enticed by the price tag? If yes, then you are wasting 24 cents.

I'm trying to give the man the tools he needs for the future.

I was going to skip the DLC for the original game myself, but after noticing its age I figured I'd bite the bullet. Steam Sales says half off is as low as it's gone, so 40% off isn't too bad.

Yeah, it's a pretty crappy situation. I doubt it'll go significantly lower in the future due to its age, and I'd rather have the original and its songs.

That half-off was a price mistake, if I remember correctly. It went on for a while, I think, but the prices got raised without warning before their sale period was up. That was before I moved my Rocksmith-ing to PC, though -- otherwise I would have got it then.

Anniversary is fantastic, then Underworld, then Legend.

I second this ranking. Its how I feel about the Crystal Dynamics-made trilogy.

Anniversary was one of my fave games from the ps1/xbox/gc era. Just a beautiful game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom