• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Gs8jdEi.png

I think Fallout is a pretty cool guy

tmarg

Yeah, it's kind of baity, but it gets the message out there and at least people are discussing it, like with the Witcher 3 race stuff.

Witcher 3 race stuff was dumb too. Textbook Americentrism. There is a special kind of irony involved in accusing people of racism while at the same time showing a complete contempt for the Polish culture and heritage that the developers were using the game to celebrate.

So basically I'm paying for a book. I mean I like reading as much as the next guy. But this feel like it's too much reading.

It's not a visual novel. The gameplay is just as important as the words; they feed into each-other in a complimentary manner, with both being relevant to the greater game itself. But if you're not in the mood for reading, I'd recommend waiting until you are.

In some games, the words are just as important as the shapes and motions. Sunless Sea is one of those games.

The best part of fallout is when he said I could play as a girl. Squashing that horrible rumor.
Any idea if they confirmed that the baby would change in appearance based on the parent's appearance? Dragon Age 2 did something like that, which was pretty cool.

Jawmuncher

"oh lets see the women customization"

*back to guy after 5 seconds*

I was honestly gonna post he looks like mafia 2 dude with a bunk nose but I was too lazy to google his name

Yeah I was kind of bummed about that. Like really you couldn't have changed her hair or something?

Can't be sexist yea know.

Radical Feminist:

"Whoah. Hold up. You can make your own female doll to play with? Like a toy? A disposable toy? Wow. That is one sexist game!"

On a more serious note I think it would be nice if the game would play different as a female character. I mean Fallout generaly uses the 40s/50s women portrayal. So I guess you could see some remarks like "What are you doing there? Shouldnt you be cleaning?"

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Only the wording made it sound ok, she's supposed to be the equal right promoter in gaming, what she said is unacceptable.

Well, yeah, it's Anita Sarkeesian. I still don't understand why people get so worked up about her, though, she just has radical opinions and a series of videos.

Vibranium

Banned
Huh, I think Doom 4 looks great. Maybe not day 1 for me but it should do the job it was designed for just fine.

And also, Bethesda can use the idTech6 engine for the next Wolfenstein. I hope MachineGames are already playing around with it, no more low resolution close up textures hopefully.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Can someone explain the thing about Korra that'll be removed from Steam?
What's the deal behind it?

Licensed games have risks of going to another company's hand after the contract ends and those games tend to get removed. Look at Deadpool, Scott Pilgrim and other licensed games that have been removed from Steam,PSN,XBLA

Radical Feminist:

"Whoah. Hold up. You can make your own female doll to play with? Like a toy? A disposable toy? Wow. That is one sexist game!"

On a more serious note I think it would be nice if the game would play different as a female character. I mean Fallout generaly uses the 40s/50s women portrayal. So I guess you could see some remarks like "What are you doing there? Shouldnt you be cleaning?"

followed by me cutting said npcs dick off
im a very violent person in fallout games

ExoSoul

Banned
Licensed games have risks of going to another company's hand after the contract ends and those games tend to get removed. Look at Deadpool, Scott Pilgrim and other licensed games that have been removed from Steam,PSN,XBLA

Wait, Scott Pilgrim was on Steam at some point?!

tmarg

I'm anti gater, but Sarkeesian has lost me. She sounds more like Jack Thompson now than someone into gaming.

I haven't heard anyone in steamgaf come out in support of gamergate in ages, but videogame politics devolved into tribal nonsense a long time ago.

SSPssp

Has it updated for anyone yet? The flash sales are the same, but the sale price has ended on the old ones right on time though.

Gee, i can't wait to not buy anything.

Activision could let go of the license, and it will be delisted at the end of the fiscal year

It's a licensed game.

Activision games are taken off steam if the rights expire.

Okay, bought the game.
So, why Activision do that to their published games? They always do this?

Milamber

Is this the fastest announce to release from Bethesda to a Fallout game?

Are we really getting DRM?

Does this mean buying the collectors Pipboy edition for PC will not net me the Steam code version for it?

Phawx

Yes, anyone who disagreed with her is automatically a gater, makes sense.

At least you understand now. That's step one. Only now can you begin the healing process.

No new flash sale?

What's the deal, volvo?

Nodding with determination.

Is this the fastest announce to release from Bethesda to a Fallout game?

Are we really getting DRM?

Does this mean buying the collectors Pipboy edition for PC will not net me the Steam code version for it?

Wait. I wanted to get the PC collectors edition

Uzzy

Bethesda just shot themselves in the foot. I don't know how much the rest of you know about the English language (I'm an expert), but spelling and grammar are huge parts of it. It's not like French where you can just spell however you want because no one speaks it. If you screw up in English, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is spell check.

What this means is the English speaking public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Dishonored 2 for any system, nor will they purchase any of Bethesda's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Bethesda has alienated an entire language with this move.

Bethesda, publicly correct your spelling and announce Dishonoured 2 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom