• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the Ninty Humble Bundle his 100k sales? It's at 58k with 7 days to go. I'm guessing not, due to the smaller target audience.

80% off too.

Tower climbing simulator franchise sale
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/ac/

I doubt it.
I almost bought the lowest tier for Mighty Switch Force and then I found out it was coming to PC/Steam and held off. 3DS is one of the worst pieces of HW I have ever gamed on in my life.

--

If anyone is interested in AC:Rogue and doesn't mind it not being on Steam, I believe Amazon is selling the uPlay DD version for $12.50 today.

--

How's AC: Unity these days?

https://www.google.com/search?q=how...57.8130j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
My hype for Fallout4 is as null as can be. Didn't like 3 and I haven't liked any Bethesda rpg game yet. Didn't play new Vegas but I've already given up.

So I'm not the only one that didn't like Oblivion with Guns 3.

Still waiting on that Fallout 3... *Skeleton.gif*

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It's only crashed on me once in my 100+ hours with it. There are still minor bugs, as you'd expect, but nothing I'd consider a potential deal-breaker. Performance, though... well, I had to move from two 2GB 670s to a 4GB 980 in order for the game to be playable regardless of texture quality, so if you don't have at least 3GB VRAM then I'd hold off.

I'm curious about this too. I asked friends who have played it and they say that they never really had any problems with it. And then you look at the mountains of evidence of how messed up the game was at launch.

I don't know what to believe...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

It would be great if this meant that Valve was finally getting around to improving their customer support.

Finally the steam news thread will have a new post, it's only been a little under a month since the last one.
What the hell, Steam forgot to drop mystery cards on like 20% of the badges I have crafted.

Double check the number of badges you've crafted with the cards in your inventory screen. Sometimes the cards won't be displayed at first. It's happened a few times for some of us.

textonly

Neo Member
Z1ZGkNN.jpg

Hoooooly shit

You can request a refund for nearly any purchase on Steam—for any reason. Maybe your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements; maybe you bought a game by mistake; maybe you played the title for an hour and just didn't like it.

It doesn't matter. Valve will, upon request via help.steampowered.com, issue a refund for any reason, if the request is made within fourteen days of purchase, and the title has been played for less than two hours. There are more details below, but even if you fall outside of the refund rules we’ve described, you can ask for a refund anyway and we’ll take a look.

You will be issued a full refund of your purchase within a week of approval. You will receive the refund in Steam Wallet funds or through the same payment method you used to make the purchase. If, for any reason, Steam is unable to issue a refund via your initial payment method, your Steam Wallet will be credited the full amount. (Some payment methods available through Steam in your country may not support refunding a purchase back to the original payment method. Click here for a full list.).

fantomena

It's only crashed on me once in my 100+ hours with it. There are still minor bugs, as you'd expect, but nothing I'd consider a potential deal-breaker. Performance, though... well, I had to move from two 2GB 670s to a 4GB 980 in order for the game to be playable regardless of texture quality, so if you don't have at least 3GB VRAM then I'd hold off.

Thx. Still not sure if I'd buy it though. Played through the game already on console, but want it on Steam so I can complete my AC collection on Steam.

Wow, that's a pretty big change for Valve. Ubisoft is probably going to get hit pretty hard by the "less than two hours, I want a refund" thing (especially with how broken their games tend to be at release).

megatonbomb

Abuse

Refunds are designed to remove the risk from purchasing titles on Steam—not as a way to get free games. If it appears to us that you are abusing refunds, we may stop offering them to you. We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.

I missed that the first time. That's a really great stance to take, actually.

Will this change the "Wait for the dailies!" rule of Steam sales, I wonder?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
megatonbomb

Was just about to post the same. I've actually been denied support requests for refunds in this very instance, so this is huge.

Good job Valve, well done.

derExperte

Okay that's actually pretty awesome.

I wonder if the people that bought The Silent Age prior to it going on sale could get a refund and buy the game at the current sale price.

The price error got corrected, the current price is what I paid day 1.

I just upgraded my CPU + Mainboard a few minutes ago, but surprisingly my old windows installation seems to work perfectly fine. Should i reinstall it regardless, or do you think i can continue with the old one?

Windows is very robust, no need if you don't notice strange things happening.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Actually, the biggest breakthrough with the new refund policy is that the refunds are actually being processed back to your initial payment method in most cases. For example:

This completely shatters the previously held belief that Valve doesn't want to actually refund people but keep your money in their ecosystem. This is a huge step forward for them and it's something they should have honestly done years ago.

chronomac

Actually, the biggest breakthrough with the new refund policy is that the refunds are actually being processed back to your initial payment method in most cases. For example:

This completely shatters the previously held belief that Valve doesn't want to actually refund people but keep your money in their ecosystem. This is a huge step forward for them and it's something they should have honestly done years ago.

Woah. That's actually pretty surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom