• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
You know, I'm kinda ok with being on PC and not having a company "fight" for my platform. Not being cared or taken into account is actually good since no one pays to take games away from PC usually.

I understand how much - very important - visibility the big three bring to games. It's kinda good that they propagate so heavily.

Let them fight I say. Makes games more successful which would otherwise get easily overlooked.

The fok you on about. Sony always pays to have games taken away from PC, Microsoft pays less and lets PC slide.
just got this mail

WJ0ZLbH.png

I mean yeah, lots of Elite players will of course buy the game a second time for a 5€ voucher...

I don't know why but this is kind of funny/sad to me...

Anyone knows if the PC and xbox players will be on the same servers? I have to look in to this...

Eh, not surprised. Frontier hasn't been doing very well financially.

tmarg

Tony Hawk 5 looks dreadful. Without hyperbole, it looks like a PS3 game. The powerups don't seem to add anything either.

It doesn't look great, but nobody played those games for the graphics. What I'd be more worried about is the stages looked pretty bland.

FF7?
no one gets an iota of a shit about XB1 in Japan so why even bother making an XB1 version
also probably SOny moneyhatted with that delicious Bloodborne cash

No, we were referring to the new Hitman, and in the SE page it lists PS4 being the only available platform, but might be just because it's gonna be revealed tonight at the Sony conference.

Shame on you guys. Tons of activity in the thread, and only a quarter, at best, is even related to fucking PC. Ya'll suck.
The first Dishonored game is kind of an abomination of game design though... Even if it's a decent game, it just wants to be an openworld game in every inch of its design, yet isn't.

It's a middling game at best.

Did we play the same Dishonored? I didn't feel like Dishonored wanted to be open world, it's a game which presents separate playgrounds for you to tackle as you see fit, and everything worked towards that goal.

It doesn't look great, but nobody played those games for the graphics. What I'd be more worried about is the stages looked pretty bland.

The original Tony Hawk games had good graphics for their time. While you're right people didn't play them for those graphics, when the graphics are outright ugly and/or look flatter than Paper Mario, people will turn away. (Also considering it was made by the same team that did Ride and Shred, there's not a lot of hope the game will be good.)

Nabs

Which Y's games are must-haves? I think the only reason I'm debating is because I can't spend like a 100 hours on one RPG.

Ys games are Action RPGs, and they take 10-15 hrs to beat. The best: Ys Origin and Ys: The Oath in Felghana. I'd recommend both if you're into action games.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

World War 2: Time of Wrath -- MB-282C917CC66E4761 - Taken by Belgarion
Strategic War In Europe -- MB-4CCB2756488E237C - Taken by Baron_Calamity
The Adventures of Tree -- MB-15A8D32633DE0A9D - Taken by Ozium
140 -- MB-BC3E10794C6854E3 - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Drakensang: The River of Time -- MB-E5AA233A2CE7C4E2 - Taken by Shadownet
The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss -- MB-A1C00910CEF363A9 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Visibility -- MB-AEEDBA479B1E792D - Taken by bobnowhere
Lilly Looking Through -- MB-0B2B558B11786625 - Taken by Vlad
Lilly and Sasha: Curse of the Immortals -- MB-13AE0DF9C3BEEC4C - Taken by trailmix16
Vertical Drop Heroes HD -- MB-D338F3303973BC9D - Taken by SilentRacoon
Frozen Synapse Prime (Double Pack) -- MB-EAF9E4484563FF12 - Taken by Natty1
Boson X -- MB-61DA27605FE272CD - Taken by derExperte
12 Labours of Hercules -- MB-763F6A8ADEF0ED45 - Taken by didamangi
Riptide GP2 -- MB-46888583AD46C21F - Taken by alr1ght
x

MUnited83

For you.
i like obsidian

i don't care for south park

As much as I like Obsidian, I don't i'd have playet Stick of Truth if I wasn't a fan of South Park. I liked the gameplay but what makes the game great is all the connections to the show and references. It truly feels like the definitive South Park The Game

Maniac

Banned
Don't you have a pacifier to suck on or something?

Don't get me started on the actual gameplay either. Jebus.

Anyway, I'm using my thumb right now to calm me the fuck down since we've had tons of activity in here and fuck all has been relevant to PC, let alone Steam.

Dis fuckin buuuullshiiiieeeeet ya'll.

zkylon

zkylewd
As much as I like Obsidian, I don't i'd have playet Stick of Truth if I wasn't a fan of South Park. I liked the gameplay but what makes the game great is all the connections to the show and references. It truly feels like the definitive South Park The Game

i just want obs to do well

it seems kind of sucky that ubi are doing the sequel without them

but it's ubi

of course it's kind of sucky

Which Y's games are must-haves? I think the only reason I'm debating is because I can't spend like a 100 hours on one RPG.

All of them! :)

I'd recommend that you play from the beginning, however the gameplay for Ys I and II are vastly different to it's successors Ys: The Oath in Felghana, Ys: Origin and Ys VI.

They're all great games though, especially Ys: The Oath in Felghana and Ys: Origin.

If you have ever played Zelda games, then Ys games are more fast-paced action and less puzzles.

It's Ys, not Y's! ;)

zkylon

zkylewd
What are Obsidian doing right now? I don't think I've heard about any projects after Pillars.

i think they're working on pillars expansion and another kickstarter

there's also that weird ass world of tanks game and weren't they doing a wheel of time thing at one point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom