• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

How many other long awaited franchise revivals are there? Obviously there's Suikoden, F-Zero, Star Fox (well not as long), and Half-Life, but what else?

Shadownet

Banned
-
Oh god, consoles fanboys have invaded the steam thread now, ugh.
you-can-t-handle-the-truth-o.gif

and
JohnItsAllFine.gif

This clicking game that Valve made is really addicting. I've been playing it on and off all day during the conferences when I started losing interest in them.

Hope Valve makes a standalone.

Ozium

How many other long awaited franchise revivals are there? Obviously there's Suikoden, F-Zero, Star Fox (well not as long), and Half-Life, but what else?

Suikoden is dead, but maybe Konami will make a Suikoden Slot Machine some day

F-Zero, please be excited by the kickstarter announced tomorrow right after the nintendo digital event

Star Fox will be showing during the digital event.

Half-Life was a mistake, it's nothing but trash

baterism

After actually watching the Shenmue E3, I just realize that there's really SEGA logo at all? Or am I missing it?
How is that possible? GG SEGA giving out the IP to it's creator? Good lord, SEGA.

Left 4 Dead.

Salsa

don't most of your threads turn out that way?

the ones people actually post in, I mean

the real ones maybe

just saying mainly about people calling each other fucking idiots or straight up asking "why should any of this matter?"

I don't either aside from gone home. Game bothers the hell out of me. Guess because of the holes in the story.
I thought the plot was pretty well told for what was clearly a low budget indie game with strong story aspirations. I mean, I guess the only other thing I had to compare it to was proteus and dear Esther so it wasn't like I had a strong library of walking sims to compare it to.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The fact that there is a PC version of Shenmue tells me that Sony is only bankrolling this insofar as to keep it off Xbox. Why would Sony allow a PC version?

I'll be interested to hear who is funding it when they announce their strategic partnership with some publisher once the kickstarter is over.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Nintendo needs to show a lot of new stuff cause showing games that have been shown or teased for 2-3 years wont cut it.

Jawmuncher

I thought the plot was pretty well told for what was clearly a low budget indie game with strong story aspirations. I mean, I guess the only other thing I had to compare it to was proteus and dear Esther so it wasn't like I had a strong library of walking sims to compare it to.

There actual a HUGE plot hole related to
military in there
like so bad I couldn't take it serious. If I didn't know how things work I probably could have liked it.

Arthea

The fact that there is a PC version of Shenmue tells me that Sony is only bankrolling this insofar as to keep it off Xbox. Why would Sony allow a PC version?

I'll be interested to hear who is funding it when they announce their strategic partnership with some publisher once the kickstarter is over.

It seems that Sony made some general policy changes, or maybe I'm looking too deep into this.
They couldn't have decided that PC is no threat to them, because let's be real, it is. But it seems that timed exclusivity deals paid for them and they are confident that people who have PC will buy PS4 eventually, they are probably judging this from last gen, when PC and PS3 worked quite well for many.
I also haven't slept for 24 hours, so keep that in mind when you read this. What I wanted to say? I kinda forgot.

Ozium

It seems that Sony made some general policy changes, or maybe I'm looking too deep into this.
They couldn't have decided that PC is no threat to them, because let's be real, it is. But it seems that timed exclusivity deals paid for them and they are confident that people who have PC will buy PS4 eventually, they are probably judging this from last gen, when PC and PS3 worked quite well for many.
I also haven't slept for 24 hours, so keep that in mind when you read this. What I wanted to say? I kinda forgot.

no it's not

have you seen gaming side?

PCs are too complicated for 98% of Sony's audience

Vibranium

Banned

Yep. I expect to see Sony step in after all of the money flows in. They have to be backing this.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yep. I expect to see Sony step in after all of the money flows in. They have to be backing this.

Actually, I think we're saying two different things.

I think Sony has only committed a small portion of money to secure console exclusivity. I don't think they will have anything really to do with it beyond that and maybe some free promotion.

tmarg

There was a lot of poorly done stuff in it. The worst thing for me was the fact that they were obviously trying to go for an environmental storytelling method, and yet they constantly had to lean on big info dumps from journals or letters. Even when the opportunity presented itself to use a more natural, fitting type of document, they would still end up having a letter or something. It just felt really lazy.

Vibranium

Banned
Actually, I think we're saying two different things.

I think Sony has only committed a small portion of money to secure console exclusivity. I don't think they will have anything really to do with it beyond that and maybe some free promotion.

Ah, that makes more sense. Good thinking.

Jawmuncher

45 minutes until flash deals

how would you guys feel if valve put up a kickstarter for HL3 during the pc conference?

That wouldn't happen though. You mixing stuff up man.

Similar story would be capcom announcing Dino crisis kickstarter during E3.

Momentary

Banned
I feel like Sony and MS are easing into the PC/digital platform space because they probably realize that in 5 or so years, limiting your games to a physical platform will be fucking stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom