• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

More importantly.

Dat red white and blue.

Speaking of which and because hardly any of you would've recognized it
Gun_Spike_-_2000_-_Psikyo.jpg

They gave her her Cannon Spike/Gun Spike attire.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Sega is probably only licensing the IP back like it did with Rez. That deal probably wouldn't include art assests or code.

The last rumor we heard about Shenmue ports was that they were basically done and being held until a few things lined up. I don't put much stock into this, but a super successful kickstarter would probably get Sega to release them if they exist or at least look into it.

Anyway, play them in nullDC if you have to. We're much better getting this series over and done with so we can move on with our lives

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I want to kickstart Shenmue 1+2 HD for Steam. SUZUKI PLS

pGLd7ow.png

you did good overnight, clicky team, you did good

I also have 111M HP now lol - whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Tizoc

Sega is probably only licensing the IP back like it did with Rez. That deal probably wouldn't include art assests or code.

The last rumor we heard about Shenmue ports was that they were basically done and being held until a few things lined up. I don't put much stock into this, but a super successful kickstarter would probably get Sega to release them if they exist or at least look into it.

Anyway, play them in nullDC if you have to. We're much better getting this series over and done with so we can move on with our lives

I just now saw what you did there.

Chariot

Jesus, I can't bear the Last Guardian thread. What's with all this graphic whores, why does every game has to push graphic boundaries? It looks very fine and catbirdog is so cute and dependable, I want to cuddle it.

ExoSoul

Banned
Jesus, I can't bear the Last Guardian thread. What's with all this graphic whores, why does every game has to push graphic boundaries? It looks very fine and catbirdog is so cute and dependable, I want to cuddle it.

Also it's like they don't know the team behind it and what kind of aesthetics they go for.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

You mean the Fallout 4 thread?

tmarg

I liked a lot of what I saw, but the gameplay looked too scripted for my taste.

I actually think the art style was quite good, more than good enough to compensate for any technical shortcomings nitpickers might come up with.

ExoSoul

Banned
I really like Sean from Hello Games, yes he's awkward and he has certain mannerisms but he's a lot more personal in his speech.

Also- Jesus that scale o.o

FF7Remake, the last guardian AND Shenmue 3? oh my gosh, why did i go to sleep instead of watching this. why.

You're going to see a lot of that reaction over the next few hours.

I'm blown away, still. Seriously. Haven't seen an E3 conference this good since Nintendo's back in... 2010, I think, when they dropped one triple-AAA franchise after another (Kid Icarus Uprising, DK Returns, Metroid Other M, etc.)

It says something about a conference where the weakest part only comes an hour in and concerns a DLC for one of the best-selling franchises on the system (Destiny). Christ, if half this stuff makes it to PC, I will be a very happy man.

Shenmue III and FF7 Remake are pretty much a lock at this point, but No Man's Sky, that post-apocalyptic robot dino game and the one about the guy using the radio to communicate with the weapon all look amazing. Then there's the Hitman reboot.... oh lord.

tmarg

Christ, if half this stuff makes it to PC, I will be a very happy man.

Shenmue III and FF7 Remake are pretty much a lock at this point, but No Man's Sky, that post-apocalyptic robot dino game and the one about the guy using the radio to communicate with the weapon all look amazing. Then there's the Hitman reboot.... oh lord.

The robot dinos are first party Sony, so no chance, but I think the rest of it is a pretty safe bet for PC.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Personally I don't understand why we have problems dealing with a different opinions. As for me, I don't have a big issue with the looks of the game, but it looks slow, janky and boring gameplay wise. So what? There are 155,321 current members on this board, we are not going to agree on everything :)

Chariot

Also it's like they don't know the team behind it and what kind of aesthetics they go for.
Yeah, it's quite disheartening.

You mean the Fallout 4 thread?
Haha, that one too.

I liked a lot of what I saw, but the gameplay looked too scripted for my taste.

I actually think the art style was quite good, more than good enough to compensate for any technical shortcomings nitpickers might come up with.
I always thought that TLG would be like that. I liked that you actually could see where the actual gameplay was and what was scripted, it really felt like somebody actually played the game and didn't rehearse an act. It had something human. Opposed to e.g. Tomb Raider where the only hint that someone was playing was one QTE button prompt.

Personally I don't understand why so many have got problems dealing with a different opinions. As for me, I don't have a big issue with the looks of the game, but it looks slow and boring. So what? There are 155,321 current members on this board, we are not going to agree on everything :)
Different opinions and all, but some people sound like taking a piss without actual intersest the game. And in this case it's not one single guy or girl, but a bunch of guys and girls.

ExoSoul

Banned
Wait, fuck, what.

It's actually a proper remake, not just HD upgrade or whatever, an actual remake!!!
I'm losing my shit over here!

*fangirl mode activated*
I'm crying guys, I'm really crying =')

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Who has a main phone line in this day and age? Except businesses.

An active phone service is a requirement for an ADSL connection here unless you're fortunate enough to be connected to an exchange that has third-party equipment. Basically, my internet connection costs an extra ~$20pm for literally no reason.

JaseC

So something in the 20-30 hour range. Interesting.
Though personally I 'd like for Shenmue 1 and 2 to have a re-release as I wonder if part of the length has to do with
1- Loading times
2- Ye olde game design padding

Meanwhile, at Ubisoft...

"People love our games! They have that classic padding!"

Shadownet

Banned
The robot dinos are first party Sony, so no chance, but I think the rest of it is a pretty safe bet for PC.
Robot dinos game is called Horizon: Zero Dawn.
----
BTW, how many times did GAF crashed during Sony conference? 5 times?

I lost count..
I think once each for The Last Guardian,FFVII Remake, Horizon, Shenmue 3 and Uncharted 4.

Milamber

Funny thing that a landline is powered independently from a power grid, so if a natural disaster hits, you're out of luck with a lot of modern networks.

Then why on earth is that type of detail not used in natural disaster movies? I always see phones cut out on an earthquake scene.

Do you never played Shenmues?
Anyway there were not massive loading times, the game was very good even on a tech side.
And yeah, around 20 hours, Shenmue 2 is shorter than Shenmue 1 anyway.

A majority of Shenmue 2 playtime is converting all your hard earned money to gachas in the starting port anyway.

JaseC

Then why on earth is that type of detail not used in natural disaster movies? I always see phones cut out on an earthquake scene.

Well, an earthquake that tears through the earth would likely result in the lines being physically cut. ;)

JaseC

I crashed. I got home and sat there for 30 mins in disbelief.

The FF7 remake was a sure thing when a variety of outlets began reporting their own stories, and I doubt Shenmue 3 is going to be the sequel that fans have long waited for given the Kickstarter budget. I'm expecting something more along the lines of Sleeping Dogs (I'd say Yakuza, but I've not played any of the games) -- the game world itself isn't going to be anything special.

tmarg

The FF7 remake was a sure thing when a variety of outlets began reporting their own stories, and I doubt Shenmue 3 is going to be the sequel that fans have long waited for given the Kickstarter budget.

I doubt the kickstarter budget has a whole lot to do with the actual budget of the game.

The FF7 remake was a sure thing when a variety of outlets began reporting their own stories, and I doubt Shenmue 3 is going to be the sequel that fans have long waited for given the Kickstarter budget. I'm expecting something more along the lines of Sleeping Dogs (I'd say Yakuza, but I've not played any of the games) -- the game world itself isn't going to be anything special.

What if it gets more than 2 million in funding? You're right about it though. Shenmue was the most expensive game ever made. Fuck man it was hyped like crazy.

I miss Dreamcast a lot.

Uzzy

'For England, Cammy' shall be the name of my day 1 SFV stream.

Luckily, because that's a Sean Bean quote, no one will be surprised when I die constantly.

Chariot

Isn't the Kickstarter extra and mostly to show interest of the people? I think they get msot of their money from a publisher (probably Sony).

oipic

The happiness in here is palpable, and I'm genuinely very pleased for you guys - such well-received news is rare enough in isolation, let alone all coming to light in the space of a joyous hour. Enjoy, folks. :)

Having said that, I know nothing of these Shenmues of which you glowingly speak, or TLG for that matter. I've never played a Final Fantasy title, either, and have no real interest in doing so.

Distinctly feeling like the black sheep of the family. *shrug*

JaseC

Uhu, did you see the tweet about another hidden source probably providing money?
Kickstarter is just a test to see if the game has still a market I think.

psknzlE.png

We don't know how much money is being invested, though. I doubt the game is going to have a $50m budget or whatever.

Chariot

We don't know how much money is being invested, though. I doubt the game is going to have a $50m budget or whatever.
I don't know, the amount of money that is already thrown against it from fans should be a clear sign that a big budget could be justified. Don't know about 50m, but you don't need that much, aintcha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom