• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

I got a buddy who insists the Microsoft conference was vastly better than the Sony one.

His parents either hit him too much as a child or not enough.

Milamber

don't worry Ozium - you are not alone.
everyone is just swept up by the euphoria and hype - when the dust settles, people will be a little more sensible.
(any contrary right now will be seen as a killjoy... just enjoy the moment for now)

Nintendo does a lot of good work and initiatives that no one gives them credit for
Microsoft done some good stuff too - but with PS4 as the leading console/sales, everyone's with Sony for now

---
Sony would have sealed the conference for me if they "saved the Vita" or announced Vita 2
- but no they did not
- AND DON'T YOU GUYS DARE TO TELL ME Sony saving the Vita is impossible because Sony just dropped three megatons of "impossible"

---
I wanted to buy Typing of the Dead but it was cheaper before :/

A Vita 2 would be a buried coffin for the first and a freshly dug grave for the second.

And an urn of cremated PSTV remains right next to it.

My second to last post is asking that same question. What else PC got to show except for VR?

New Arma 3 map, the big DayZ engine update (which I believe will be detailed tomorrow and release date announced for later this month), maybe something from Valve, and a few indie games. Maybe something from Microsoft that wasn't shown (Age of Empires?). I'm not really sure honestly.

Milamber

Bethesda.net exclusivity deal for all Bethesda games.
More Origin exclusivity deals.
Ubisoft releasing things only on Uplay.
Witcher 4 exclusive to GOG Galaxy
MS buying Valve, renaming Steam to GFWL2.

All of these coming true may put me off gaming forever.

Really.

Eila

Mafa II DLC is a bit tempting, but it's still quite expensive for 5 year old stuff.
I got Mafia II for free a long time ago, in the joystick awards. I quite enjoyed it, actually.

Vuze

My second to last post is asking that same question. What else PC got to show except for VR?
I don't even know half of the participants so I'm skeptical too. Don't think there'll be much VR talk tho but maybe Square will reveal their teased Oculus game.

dex3108

New Witcher 3 DLC

CHjD6eLWoAEXX0F.png:large

When I woke up today and picked up my phone I honestly thought I was stil dreaming. What went down in sony's conference is unreal.

Yes! Alternate look for Triss. Sucks that I already completed her story arc. I just moved on to Skellige so I doubt I'll be seeing her anytime soon.

I got a buddy who insists the Microsoft conference was vastly better than the Sony one.

His parents either hit him too much as a child or not enough.

I'm not seeing anything wrong with that. I thought Microsoft's conference was a lot better, since there were more games that I was interested in (Sea of Thieves, Halo 5, Forza, Gears of War, and Gigantic) and I am happy about early access coming to consoles.

Ozium

There are over 150,000 members on this forum, don't act like there's some sort of hivemind at work.

obviously there is no hivemind but there is a general feeling or a zeitgeist that exists... this is true of any community..

don't worry Ozium - you are not alone.
everyone is just swept up by the euphoria and hype - when the dust settles, people will be a little more sensible.
(any contrary right now will be seen as a killjoy... just enjoy the moment for now)

I am happy that Shenmue 3 will eventually come out as I am a big fan but I just feel the whole announcing a kickstarter at sony's thing was weird but whatever... I love Shenmue and when I was in Japan I took one day and visited Yokosuka and it was awesome, felt like the same place just 25 years later or whatever..

I saw an american woman and her kids (probably a wife of someone in the navy) and asked her "Do you know where Dobuita street is?" she did not know, so I asked her "Do you know where I can find any sailors?" she looked at me odd lol

but then I found a sailor and asked him how to get to Dobuita street and he showed me the way, then I bought a beer from a convenience store and drank it while walking around..

good times

Milamber

I am happy that Shenmue 3 will eventually come out as I am a big fan but I just feel the whole announcing a kickstarter at sony's thing was weird but whatever... I love Shenmue and when I was in Japan I took one day and visited Yokosuka and it was awesome, felt like the same place just 25 years later or whatever..

I saw an american woman and her kids (probably a wife of someone in the navy) and asked her "Do you know where Dobuita street is?" she did not know, so I asked her "Do you know where I can find any sailors?" she looked at me odd lol

but then I found a sailor and asked him how to get to Dobuita street and he showed me the way, then I bought a beer from a convenience store and drank it while walking around..

good times

Did you run around shouting ABXY while dodging sailors?

Ozium

Republique Remastered and realMyst are probably the two best deals that will be unlocked tomorrow due to the game.

got realMyst from a bundle for cheap and haven't touched it yet (actually I tried but I had no idea wtf was going on... I never played Myst)

I have Republique wishlisted but I doubt the discount will be deeper than 25% so I'll wait

Shenmue 3 will be the fastest successful kickstarter campaign ever, right?
I hope this'll become a breakthrough for other Japanese IPs and developers to follow. Need more Japanese games on kickstarter.

Knurek

All of these coming true may put me off gaming forever.

Really.

Let's keep the ball rolling then.

MS announces Windows 10 to be region locked due to US Christian Right groups protests - no more running programs with Japanese codepage, even with AppLocale.
Devolver Digital filing for chapter 7 bankruptcy.
Amazon buying out NVIDIA, no more high end GPUs in foreseeable future, the company will concentrate on APUs for Kindle tablets.
All GOG.com to have mandatory, always online DRM developed by Sony.

got realMyst from a bundle for cheap and haven't touched it yet (actually I tried but I had no idea wtf was going on... I never played Myst)

I have Republique wishlisted but I doubt the discount will be deeper than 25% so I'll wait

Republique is currently 25% off. I think it'll be 50% off tomorrow when the new deals show up.

I haven't played realMyst yet, but I played the previous ones. This one is a remastered version with achievements.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What were the previous ones again?

Elite Crossbow Set, Nilfgaardian Armor Set, Contract: Missing Miners, Alternative Look for Yennefer, Beard and Hairstyle Set and the Temerian Armor Set. They all use No Cost subs, so they count as owned, whereas the recently-released Gwent deck and Fool's Gold quest don't. I've e-mailed CDPR about having the "issue" fixed, though:

Thank you for submitting your request.

wilflare

CDPR never did update the subs for the previously-released DLC. Jerks.

what is this about?

obviously there is no hivemind but there is a general feeling or a zeitgeist that exists... this is true of any community..

good times

I like the Megaton Trinity as well but now that I'm a little more settled... plenty of questions
(1) Is FFVII Remake gonna suffer a similar ordeal/fate as Final Fantasy XIII Versus? - would we end up seeing it on PS5 instead? (lol)
(2) TLG - glad that it's finally out... but honestly, at least to me, game didn't look at all impressive.
(3) Shenmue - never played the earlier games (I would love a HD port of them) but I supported the KS

EDIT:
and Vita got more than 6 seconds guys T_T
World of Fantasy
Ronin
Crossing Souls

Ozium

Republique is currently 25% off. I think it'll be 50% off tomorrow when the new deals show up.

I haven't played realMyst yet, but I played the previous ones. This one is a remastered version with achievements.

oh is it? I thought it was at 10% for some reason.. hmm

yeah that's the one I have it's made in polygons but I never played the original so I had no idea what the hell was going on... I want to play it some time but need to be in right frame of mind

I like the Megaton Trinity as well but now that I'm a little more settled... plenty of questions
(1) Is FFVII Remake gonna suffer a similar ordeal/fate as Final Fantasy XIII Versus? - would we end up seeing it on PS5 instead? (lol)
(2) TLG - glad that it's finally out... but honestly, at least to me, game didn't look at all impressive.
(3) Shenmue - never played the earlier games (I would love a HD port of them) but I supported the KS

1. I just dont want it to interfere with mah Kingdom Hearts 3
2. TLG also looked boring to me I want to see actual gameplay, what they showed looked REALLY staged.. also it's not even out yet it's listed as 2016, who's to say it won't be delayed again LOL
3. you should play them and yes they should port them to steam or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom