• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Shenmue ends up having a $50m budget, that would leave it $20m+ short of the original's budget in adjusted dollars.

I hope it works out and everyone gets the game that they want, but I am skeptical.

Robot dinos game is called Horizon: Zero Dawn.
----
BTW, how many times did GAF crashed during Sony conference? 5 times?

I lost count..
I think once each for The Last Guardian,FFVII Remake, Horizon, Shenmue 3 and Uncharted 4.

All I know is that it was still decent after TLG, barely holding on after VII and DOA after S3.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For now, anyway, I backed 5$, just to support the game. Because...I'm planning to buy a PS4 next year, for The Last Guardian (yeah, I bought a PS3 for THE SAME TITLE that need to be release in the HOLIDAY of something like 2008), and if a boxed edition of Shenmue Trilogy will exist, I want it on console.

Traitor.

Salsa

sf5_e3scr_13.jpg

cammy reachin VN levels

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
A 4X turn-based strategy game. "What sort of game is it?" is the sort of question that can be answered by looking at the store page. If you want a more in-depth look, then watch, say, TB's Let's Play.

I guess I used a wrong question - I mean a quick, GAF-impression summary.

From what I saw it's a 4X but with more focus in battles then empire management?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I feel like we're burying the lead here guys.

How about that 6 seconds of Vita footage from Sony's conference?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Even if Shenmue ends up having a $50m budget, that would leave it $20m+ short of the original's budget in adjusted dollars.

I hope it works out and everyone gets the game that they want, but I am skeptical.
A Kickstarter campaign saves money on advertising, kappa. All the hype and stoking of nostalgia and passion and word of mouth and free press is bonkers. I wouldn't doubt if they had a benefactor to the tune of $20mill.

cammy reachin VN levels
So is Chunners. They're going after Soul Calibur or something.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Hmm I guess I should try it out. What about the DLCs - are they worth it?

On a related note why does the store page have (RU / CIS) in it even though I'm not in Russia? EDIT: Ah I guess it just means Russian included.

I fell asleep yesterday and just watched it
wow

and of course GAF is already shitting on everything

never change

A lot of people (myself included) are taking a while to process what has happened. Complaining about graphics for a project like TLG is like an octopus moving after it dies - purely reflexive and nothing more.

The shock just hasn't set in for a lot of people, and they're resorting to involuntarily motions.

I didn't open the GAF thread related to TLG, are people complaining?
:l

Some people are complaining about graphics, yes.

Considering the age of the project, we're lucky we're still getting it with the original vision intact, and IIRC, there were complaints at the time about how Shadow of the Colossus was behind the curve graphically, too.

I've got to figure out how to hook my VMU up to my PC to transfer my Shenmue 1+2 save over. I refuse to lose my capsule collection or my fat stacks made off suckers at Lucky Hit.

Chariot

A lot of people (myself included) are taking a while to process what has happened. Complaining about graphics for a project like TLG is like an octopus moving after it dies - purely reflexive and nothing more.

The shock just hasn't set in for a lot of people, and they're resorting to involuntarily motions.
So, all these shitting is just some kind of escapism, some underlying reflex of denying all that is The Last Guardian for the sake of their sanity? Now I understand that better.

I just don't understand

TLG looks like a PS3 game - so what
Shenmue is a Kickstarter - so what
FFVIIR was only a short tease and won't come out until 2020 - so what?

I guess everybody must be really excited about calladooty 14 that comes out this year like clockwork, looks like it always does and funds itself through $200 premium editions and $60 season passes

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just don't understand

I guess everybody must be really excited about calladooty 14 that comes out this year like clockwork, looks like it always does and funds itself through $200 premium editions and $60 season passes

I want all of the best-looking games and I want them now.

I just don't understand

Fan wish-fulfillment is just that - a fever dream. It's only when the impossible becomes real that some can't come to grips with it and look for other avenues to express how they feel.

Two days ago, the very thought of a project that was seemingly dead for a decade and a remake of what is arguably the biggest JRPG of all time seemed impossible, to say nothing of Shenmue or all the other bombs they dropped at that conference.

Tizoc

Did you never play Shenmues?
Anyway there were not massive loading times, the game was very good even on a tech side.
And yeah, around 20 hours, Shenmue 2 is shorter than Shenmue 1 anyway.

Never did hence why I say I am more interested in an HD remaster of 1+2 than I am for Shenmue 3 :p
I'd really wanna play them just to experience them and find out what made them popular.

sega can't even afford to wipe their ass with premium toilet paper, let alone fund games that aren't sanic or on PC

Come on mang.
Baby wipers have been confirmed to be more healthy alternative to using toilet paper of any kind.
...and honestly if a game is good, and the platform is generally available to the consumer then that's all that matters.
I'm still waiting for a good fun SOnic game though =X

Ozium

Nintendo saves Bayo 2 from death and completely funds it - NeoGAF outraged; Fuck Nintendo.

Sony 'saves' Shenmue 3 from death, tells people to fund it themselves = NeoGAF rejoices; Praise Sony.

ok

I just started I Am Bread and completed the Tutorial.... so uhh.. yeah.

Nintendo saves Bayo 2 from death and completely funds it - NeoGAF outraged; Fuck Nintendo.

Sony 'saves' Shenmue 3 from death, tells people to fund it themselves = NeoGAF rejoices; Praise Sony.

reasonable people - both situations are cool because more games are awesome

oceanskie

Banned
The prophecy speaks of a world devastated by the awesomeness of FF7remake, Shenmue 3 and HL3 announcements. My magic 8-ball just told me that the world as we know it is coming to an end. Conclusion: HL3 at the PC conference tomorrow!

The prophecy speaks of a world devastated by the awesomeness of FF7remake, Shenmue 3 and HL3 announcements. My magic 8-ball just told me that the world as we know it is coming to an end. Conclusion: HL3 at the PC conference tomorrow!

That's the only thing that would live up to what I just saw tonight.

Or, even better, HL3 + LFD3 + Portal 3 + Valve hardware/VR demos.

There are over 150,000 members on this forum, don't act like there's some sort of hivemind at work.

wilflare

don't worry Ozium - you are not alone.
everyone is just swept up by the euphoria and hype - when the dust settles, people will be a little more sensible.
(any contrary right now will be seen as a killjoy... just enjoy the moment for now)

Nintendo does a lot of good work and initiatives that no one gives them credit for
Microsoft done some good stuff too - but with PS4 as the leading console/sales, everyone's with Sony for now

---
Sony would have sealed the conference for me if they "saved the Vita" or announced Vita 2
- but no they did not
- AND DON'T YOU GUYS DARE TO TELL ME Sony saving the Vita is impossible because Sony just dropped three megatons of "impossible"

EDIT:
wilflare to GAF: Sony Presser would be perfect if they saved the Vita
GAF to wilflare: vita is dead, saving is impossible

me internally: you tell me that saving the Vita is impossible RIGHT AFTER SONY DROPS 3 MEGATONS OF IMPOSSIBLE
#gafLOGIC

---
I wanted to buy Typing of the Dead but it was cheaper before :/

Knurek

What on earth can we expect for this when all the big ones are already announced in their respective cons?

Nothing but VR?

Bethesda.net exclusivity deal for all Bethesda games.
More Origin exclusivity deals.
Ubisoft releasing things only on Uplay.
Witcher 4 exclusive to GOG Galaxy
MS buying Valve, renaming Steam to GFWL2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom