• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

baterism

I don't about people ranking the conferences. I'd just rather they didn't feel compelled to do so in what's supposed to be the Steam thread.

I'm with JaseC.

That's all SE? Where's FF12HD?

Staying up for SE conference was a mistake.
It's nothing but... yess!! I got Akiba's foil.

Chariot

And why is it such a problem to give them marks?
I wouldn't call it a problem, I just think it's strange, because marks on news conferences like these are not very useful. If you are interseted in the companies you're going to watch it or read it up, if not then not. The normal expression of "I liked this conference, because it showcased x and gave me y after 8 years, but I didn't really like the giant z's" is more helpful and better to unterstand than absolute numbers... or letters marks.

Actually, why does the USA use letters as marks?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yo, the fight for the soul of the Steam thread was a while ago, guys. That was your moment to step up.

Dsyndrome

Liked SE's old-school conference compared to the shit fest Nintendo had. Now to play the clicker game and see what the deal is.

Square brought it back.

DX: MD looks hype as all hell. Star Ocean 5 looks... exactly how I expected it to look. Not big on KH as a whole, but the footage certainly looked engaging. JC3 looks predictably insane. Nier 2 is hype too.

Overall, a damn good showing. The FF7 port discussion, though, was hilarious.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When has this thread ever really been about Steam? Sure sometimes Steam games are talked about, but most of the time it's anime GIFs, people talking non-Steam games, anime GIFs, random stuff, anime GIFs, non-Steam games, anime GIFS, Milamber being creepy, anime GIFS, NepNep, and did I mention anime GIFs?

As I said yesterday, there has definitely been a shift in recent weeks towards this thread being less about Steam and more about just talking nonsense. If things don't get back on track soon I'll probably just stop posting here instead of continue to yell at clouds.

fantomena

The Sony conference broke my sleep last night so I will most likely not watch the PC gaming show.

Hopefully I wake up to some good announcements tommorrow.

tumblr_nq1ppc0xVq1qkz08qo4_400.gif

Ranking conferences is so silly, it promotes no discussion at all, its cool if you talk about a particular game you liked or something you hated and actually have something meaningful to say about it.

Jazz573

As I said yesterday, there has definitely been a shift in recent weeks towards this thread being less about Steam and more about just talking nonsense. If things don't get back on track soon I'll probably just stop posting here instead of yell at clouds.

Well, it's basically turned into a community where people who happen to be Steam users, discuss whatever.

Shantom

Hopefully Nier 2 comes to PC, or I'll be buying a PS4 for it. Nier was an incredible game, and handing it to Platinum guarantees we'll get something interesting at least.

Just Cause 3 looked better than I was expecting, so I'll grab that from GMG or something at launch.

As I said yesterday, there has definitely been a shift in recent weeks towards this thread being less about Steam and more about just talking nonsense. If things don't get back on track soon I'll probably just stop posting here instead of continue to yell at clouds.

Let's be real. It's E3 right now, and the Steam thread has never been on-topic even when we were back in gaming.

Grief.exe

Doors open at 8, stage show starts at 9.

that's what I thought...doors open at 8 and the actual show at 9

Oh, I see.

Hopefully Nier 2 comes to PC, or I'll be buying a PS4 for it. Nier was an incredible game, and handing it to Platinum guarantees we'll get something interesting at least.

I don't see why it wouldn't, but Square doesn't exactly have good business sense.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I just can't wait for the new people drawn in from last year's Steam sale to start complaining about the new people from this year's Steam sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Let's be real. It's E3 right now, and the Steam thread has never been on-topic even when we were back in gaming.

It was predominantly on-topic and that remained true even after the move to Community, but I suppose change was inevitable.

Chariot

That gif alone gives me a headache. Naturally I'm going to keep it embedded.
Only way to keep pure kittens away that want to lick a bit of nasty milk and then cry and DIE. Can't have more kitten die. Not here.

Cheer up, JaseC, no stream talk anymore. Important parts of E3 are over.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Welcome to the June 2015 NeoGAF Steam thread! We mostly talk about Steam, but we also talk about other things.

OP pretty much sums things up really. I might have to update it and take out the word "mostly". ;)

since DMC4:SE comes out next week and that GMG voucher gives 25% off until the 19th I'll pick it up from there tomorrow or Thursday...probably the cheapest it'll be before launch unless Nuuvem lists it (nothing so far though)

Knurek

You know, it just dawned on me...
XBone getting BC means we're probably not getting that Shadow Complex port. And Lost Odyssey. And Blue Dragon ports.
(someone kill me) :(

Salsa

apparently I cant stop myself from "making one E3 reaction thread after another and failing to provide quality on content and thread titles"

I made 4 threads. One got locked, one is 10 pages, another is 20..

I guess alright then

Jazz573

apparently I cant stop myself from "making one E3 reaction thread after another and failing to provide quality on content and thread titles"

I made 4 threads. One got locked, one is 10 pages, another is 20..

I guess alright then

How have you not been juniored yet?!

Chariot

If you want a Steam thread with no silly stuff, then there's already a thread for that.
Come on. JaseC is a patient guy. There are spiteful people and snitches among us, but JaseC is cool. He has any right like everyone else to express his opinion on the subject and a bit of focus isn't wrong methinks.

I'm taking the easy way out.

I just hate you all equally.
Even Steve from Accounting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom