• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day9 is hosting it, that's kind of neat.

http://www.pcgamingshow.com/

List of participants said:
AMD
ARENANET
BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT
BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE
CCP GAMES
CLIFF BLESZINSKI
CLOUD IMPERIUM GAMES
CREATIVE ASSEMBLY
DEAN HALL
DEVOLVER
FRICTIONAL GAMES
FULLBRIGHT
NEXON
PARADOX INTERACTIVE
PIXEL TITANS
SCS SOFTWARE
SPLASH DAMAGE
SQUARE ENIX
TRIPWIRE INTERACTIVE
XBOX

I'm expecting some Overwatch, WoD 6.2, Hearts of Iron 4, Soma, Total War: Warhammer...

Jazz573

Come on. JaseC is a patient guy. There are spiteful people and snitches among us, but JaseC is cool. He has any right like everyone else to express his opinion on the subject and a bit of focus isn't wrong methinks.

Even Steve from Accounting?

No stopping him from having an opinion. :)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hm, I wonder if this post from a year ago still applies today...

As a person who has been in every Steam thread since the beginning, I can say that the current state of the thread is categorically worse than what usually happens after a major sales event. However, we all have to shoulder the blame on this one a little bit as there is actually very little behavior you can call out a newer poster for that hasn't, in some way, been done by a veteran poster before.

These new posters aren't the first to post literally just a "Good morning, SteamGAF!" comment. There's just now more people doing it and, more importantly, these people haven't built up a reputation yet. Is any of the off-topic stuff being posted now any worse than the 3DS tangents we'd go on?

What I'm trying to say is: we created a certain culture in here, and we didn't get too upset about things because it was only a few posts and, "oh, hey, it's Morningbus. He's posted in here forever, so why am I going to get on his case about M&M codes?"

So, what are the problems?

1) There are a lot of new people. This shouldn't be a problem, but it becomes one because...

2) We've set a poor example of what's acceptable in the thread.

How do we fix it?

1) More on-topic, more of the time. We don't have to be robots parsing the world for scraps of news related to Steam, but we also don't need to know about your breakfast.

2) Proportion. Think about your post as part of a larger collection of posts. Is your gif really necessary to hammer home a reaction, or did the five other gif posts before you basically run the gamut of human emotion?

3) Self-moderation. It's time we start asking ourselves a hard and simple truth: who gives a shit? Why am I posting what I'm posting as I'm posting it? If you can't really come up with a reason that doesn't sound like it should belong in a chatroom, it may be time to rethink your post.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You know, it just dawned on me...
XBone getting BC means we're probably not getting that Shadow Complex port. And Lost Odyssey. And Blue Dragon ports.
(someone kill me) :(

Shadow Complex PC would never have seen the light of day regardless. I thoroughly enjoyed the game on the X360, but I gave up on Epic letting Chair finish what it had started years ago.

29516d.gif

New ability?

4e6f3b.gif

Shootbang

304d7a.gif

Just plain beautiful

Jawmuncher

Still don't trus Deus Ex after the lies with Human Revolution. I couldn't play it like a shooter like I was told. If I want COd Deus Ex I should be able to have it.

Sch1sm

Yeah. Someone was already banned this year for throwing PM's with mods out in the open in OT. Maybe not the smartest idea.

Anyway, I asked this ins the summer sale thread, but I was looking for some advice on which Total War game to get. SteamGAF, which have you played? Did you enjoy it? Do you prefer Civ to Total War? Lay it down on me. Most importantly, which one('s) did you have the best experience with?

Salsa

Complaining about the mods will. And someone will snitch, so I suggest stopping. But I agree with your general sentiment.

sometimes I think this place got cooler and then it just seems like a bigger joke

you look at some of the people who've been demoded and wonder how they were ever there and how much cooler some new people seem to be

but yeah, remnants of the past. wish we could move on from the shit that's clearly rotten or personal cause shit's not even subtle at this point

Day9 is hosting it, that's kind of neat.

http://www.pcgamingshow.com/

I'm expecting some Overwatch, WoD 6.2, Hearts of Iron 4, Soma, Total War: Warhammer...

I'm expecting more talk the upcoming graphics cards, Guild Wars 2 expansion, Overwatch, ARMA 3 map and DayZ engine optimization patch announced, Dirty Bomb, Killing Floor 2, Tacoma, Total Warhammer, Dean Hall's new game, Ion, more news about the various EVE Online spinoffs, and Streaming.

I am not sure what Nexon will announce. Maybe they are bringing Counter-Strike Online 2 over to the west? Maybe they'll announce a pending buyout of NCSoft and what this will mean for future NCSoft games?

I am hoping for some surprises. Like Valve showing up. :p

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
edit: okay I guess I don't care enough

Maybe bring it up with another mod?

Hm, I wonder if this post from a year ago still applies today...

Relating to that final point, some of us are using the GAF Academy Chat to reduce more spammy posts in the thread. It would help us keep up the community aspects many want, but reduce the acidity between the various groups in the topic. Finding a good middle ground to keep everyone happy is gonna be hard, as many do want to be able to just shoot the breeze with their GAF pals in a more open manner, while others want to reduce that element to focus on a more on-target approach for the thread.

We'll never be fully on-topic, but I'm sure we can reach a good meeting-point that could work out for mostly everyone.

EDIT: Chariot beat me to it

I'm expecting more talk the upcoming graphics cards, Guild Wars 2 expansion, Overwatch, ARMA 3 map and DayZ engine optimization patch announced, Dirty Bomb, Killing Floor 2, Tacoma, Total Warhammer, Dean Hall's new game, Ion, more news about the various EVE Online spinoffs, and Streaming.

I am not sure what Nexon will announce. Maybe they are bringing Counter-Strike Online 2 over to the west? Maybe they'll announce a pending buyout of NCSoft and what this will mean for future NCSoft games?

I am hoping for some surprises. Like Valve showing up. :p

could still happen
no expected FUCKIN NIER 2 did we?
that was completely out of nowhere
also Shenmue 3

Jawmuncher

upgrade your armor
i was able to play guns ablazing
also i dont give a fuck i want New Game Plus in it dammit

I did this and got my ass my beat still. I don't know if I really suck or what. But fully upgraded armor was really bad. Maybe I was on the hardest difficulty but I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom