• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

All those restrictions made me care less and less about metagames and the Steam marketplace in general. Idling and selling some cards, getting the sale badge (lvl1), the end.

Turfster

Well, that was a supremely shitty day.
Fuck it, before I go brave the rest of GAF and the BST thread, anyone got a GOG Witcher 3 for 20$?

Daily Wargame Franchise 75% off (didn't see it listed)

IndieGala Bedlam bundle happy hour is on.

The Witcher 3 at 4K, 60
ish
tumblr_n3btn4J6RW1r0jlbgo1_400.gif

Vibranium

Banned
All those restrictions made me care less and less about metagames and the Steam marketplace in general. Idling and selling some cards, getting the sale badge (lvl1), the end.

Yeah, I really want the achievement hunt back. Considering how restriction crazy Valve is they should be able to stop people from abusing it.

I've accepted it's never coming back though.

gabbo

Unless Valve or another/group of dev use the sale for some kind of launch ARG (which, I don't ever expect anymore), this is what I do during sales. Get the lvl1 badge and leave it alone.

Locust

I've been wondering about that. Either there won't be trade/market restrictions on sale cards, which would allow Valve to set the cards to expire soon after the sale ends, as per usual, or said restrictions will be in place but the cards will expire a week from the end of the sale to account for those earned at the last minute.

There's already some items you can buy that are immediately marketable, but not tradable. The CSGO random offer items / Operation passes / Dota Compendium, etc.

It's not the same thing as cards but there's no way there will be a restriction on them.

Ruruja

I played through my initial 30 days of time when I bought the game on Amazon for $12 in late 2013 / early 2014. I really like what I played, but I just couldn't justify continuing to pay the monthly fee when there are so many other good games (even Final Fantasy ones) that I could play without paying extra every month. Every few months I think to myself "I should really jump back into FF XIV" but then I don't. I imagine it's changed quite a bit in the last 18 months.

I got up to having a level 30 Gladiator / Paladin, but I was starting to see the big grind from there on out.

Ah right cool, I'm a Paladin main myself. It's changed a ton since then yeah, so much new stuff. They do a free week for existing users sometimes, you should jump in on the next one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
980Ti to only be 649, SLI here I come!

I was initially happy, but the Aussie dollar being so awful right now makes it less attractive than it sounds. USD$649 is approx. AUD$850, which is $200 more than what I paid for my 980 a couple of months ago (excluding shipping). I could sell the 980 for $600 quite easily, but I don't think the extra 2GB VRAM the Ti offers is worth the premium, even if I could import one without paying for shipping. If the Summer Sale does kick off this month, though, then maybe I'll change my tune come July, once I've received my tax refund.

Dsyndrome

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes is weird. I've been happily investigating, gathering clues, making deductions and such, when this happened.

Just why? The sequence was quite long, too.

At least you're almost done, if I remember correctly. Should be getting near the carnival.
Is that the hound of baskerville?
That's Toby, you take control of him at a certain point to sniff for clues. Don't remember him baring fangs, though.

Tenrius

At least you're almost done, if I remember correctly. Should be getting near the carnival.

The carnival? It gave me a choice of three places to explore and I only covered one so far. That dog sequence really stood out: it was pretty long and generally dumb.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There's already some items you can buy that are immediately marketable, but not tradable. The CSGO random offer items / Operation passes / Dota Compendium, etc.

We're talking about sale cards earned from badges crafted using game cards that are still restricted. I doubt sale cards earned from store purchases will have restrictions. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Valve hasn't given this any thought yet and we end up with a combination of the two possibilities: an expiration date that brushes against the end of the Summer Sale and restrictions on market-bought ones in particular.

Tecl0n

I think it was a bad idea to start the Witcher 2 after finishing the first one. I'm kinda burned out of it, but still want to play a fantasy game. I think i'm going to finally start Dragon Age Origins.

Galdere

Neo Member
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Galdere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Depths of Fear :: Knossos -- MB-54146E6F15532A8D - Taken by Blu(e). 3 entrants total.
GRID -- MB-667BF1A5479A7B4B
Super Motherload -- MB-13BDC8946106FAF9 - Taken by fenners. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Of Orcs And Men -- MB-8BF35729A4CCE6F5 - Taken by ExoSoul. 8 entrants total.
Leviathan: The Last Day of the Decade -- MB-1252D2991DF0BE2E - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.

t1433125029z1.png

Maniac

Banned
This answer is amazingballs.
I plan to use this a lot. Pretty much any time someone posts asking if a price is worth it.

Thank you, kindly.

I'd personally just answer with 'Maybe', and then, if I wasn't such a lazy cunt, I'd link to Steam reviews or something.

I'm a lazy cunt though so I don't even bother with responding.

edit: Also been playing a bit of TW1 again... It's a lot less clunkier than I seem to have remembered. There are some really great mods out, too. I've been pleasantly surprised with Rise of the White Wolf. So good.

Finished Mordor yesterday. What a disappointing game. After a lot of people hyped it up here I was expecting something good but it kinda fell flat on all points. The "parcour" was totally not satisfying, because sometimes the character rather jumps 20m down than grab on a ledge.
The story was boring.
The gameplay felt like they just mixed AC with Batman.
The rivarly system didnt really feel dynamic at all.

Parsnip

Finished Mordor yesterday. What a disappointing game. After a lot of people hyped it up here I was expecting something good but it kinda fell flat on all points. The "parcour" was totally not satisfying, because sometimes the character rather jumps 20m down than grab on a ledge.
The story was boring.
The gameplay felt like they just mixed AC with Batman.
The rivarly system didnt really feel dynamic at all.

Seems like you listened to the wrong people if you were expecting it to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom