• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamphuntr

It's like 'Hey better keep a save before this point handy, you ain't coming back" and then there's like 12 hours of game after that.

They did this because some characters can die in that quest and side quests will be unavailable if they do. It's not because the end is right after...

Got my first gaming-viable computer all set up! I'm stoked to jump into all this steamy goodness I've heard so much about :3

Parsnip

they're just too many, it would take forever to move them somewhere else, so that's probably it for my zooey gifs

They used to have a "download this gallery as zip" in there, but it's not there anymore like most of the other good features they used to have.
So what I did was I used a userscript to grab all the image links from a gallery, and then just plopped those into a download manager and went for a coffee while it downloaded.

And after that it turned out I had all of the screenshots backed up anyway, so I wouldn't have even needed to do that.

Momentary

Banned
I don't know whether to sell or buy cards for this stupid metagame coming up.

I really want to say just screw it and sell these 500 odd cards I got. But I'm too lazy to price all of them out.

Backlogger

Got my first gaming-viable computer all set up! I'm stoked to jump into all this steamy goodness I've heard so much about :3

You won't regret it (your wallet might though after a couple of Steam sales)

On another note:

I have had this happen a couple times between my PC and laptop but I get games that have Steam Cloud support that somehow stop syncing. Verified that Steam Cloud is enabled on both PCs for this game but they just won't sync up. Any way to "jiggle the handle" so to speak and get this working again?

Did Steam recently bump up their download servers or something?

Msjj5rP.png

I've never never never even gotten close to 8.5MB/s download before. I'm on wifi, not even 5Ghz.

Edit: I'm not trying to brag guys, I'm dead serious. I'm confused. The last time I tried to download a game over wifi (using a different laptop and router.... but still) I was going at 700Mb/s. Megabits, not megabytes. The last time I tried to download something wired in I got 3.5MB/s. So I'm seriously wondering where this 5MB/s jump came from, on 2.4Ghz n-Wifi of all things

Yoooooo the Evolve Proving Ground Regionals are happening on twitch right now LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

/s

edit: we're talking about the original Witcher? I can get jiggy with that

didamangi

For 1K and 650 bucks you would think nvidia will slap on some decent cooler on their top of the line GPUs but nope, just enough to hit the throttle limit is fine apparently.

eh what's the proper way to update?
via that Experience Panel thingum? no need for clean install or whatsoever right?

Via experience or just running the exe is fine either way. No need for clean install if the previous drivers works just fine and you don't want to do a clean install.

iosefe

guess who just got 30 bucks for washing all the dishes from a party we had today at our house?

it took 3ish hours to sort wash, dry and put away everything.

i'm slow

Teggy

Good Lord I got sick of Vizima. Hope I won't have to return there.

<cough>

I definitely agree with whoever said Witcher 2 feels a lot different than Witcher 1. It has all the same features (potions, spells, swords, etc.) but the way you do every is different. It's also been quite linear into the beginning of chapter 1.

I need more info on these Kepler improvements. How long has this been an issue? Should I expect something significant with my 780s? I'll do some reading.

edit: oh, is W3 the only game these help with?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
How do you guys feel about the E3 PC conference coming up? Does anyone have a guess as to what might be shown? I haven't really been paying attention to it...
My priority for E3 is Nintendo, so I've mostly been skimming through their news /traitor

wilflare

For 1K and 650 bucks you would think nvidia will slap on some decent cooler on their top of the line GPUs but nope, just enough to hit the throttle limit is fine apparently.

Via experience or just running the exe is fine either way. No need for clean install if the previous drivers works just fine and you don't want to do a clean install.

thanks folks <3

EDIT: seems like that ladder can't rank by the number of games
trying to see where our JaseC stands

Oh, right.
Witcher 2 saves were gigabytes, so I killed them all those years ago.
Oh well.

Or, y'know, you could've not let them become a clusterfuck in the first place and used steam cloud...

I put in 60-70 hours with the game, did 2 complete runthroughs, and I have a grand total of 4 saves on my hard disk and steam cloud.

I swear, you just TRY to make everything as difficult as you can so you can rant about it. ;)

A very kind gaffer gifted it to me when I asked if anyone had a lead on a 20$ GOG code.
So I guess technically I did cave in and was planning to buy it.

Kind GAFers? They're few and far between... though a few did pop up when FreshVegemite was spreading lashman's lies about my birthday.

Turfster

Or, y'know, you could've not let them become a clusterfuck in the first place and used steam cloud...
S... Steam cloud?
I had a physical copy of Witcher 2, thank you very much.
I even still have the coin =p

This wasn't even a rant, just an observation.
You want a rant?
*ahem*
Why does GOG Galaxy show you the amount of data it still needs to download, but not how long that'll take at the current speed, huh?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
How do you guys feel about the E3 PC conference coming up? Does anyone have a guess as to what might be shown? I haven't really been paying attention to it...
My priority for E3 is Nintendo, so I've mostly been skimming through their news /traitor

I feel like it'll be okay, but nothing to get excited about beforehand. Go in with low expectations and there's no way you'll be disappointed, right?

In terms of games, we're probably going to get repeats of games already shown at other conferences, mixed in with a couple of port announcements, hopefully. We might see Fallout 4. Maybe Square Enix will finally tell us when Lighting Returns will release, and they'll probably mention Deus Ex again. The developers behind Divinity: Original Sin are supposed to show off their new game during E3, so I suppose that'll be in there. Frictional Games is supposed to be there too, so there will probably be information about SOMA. Paradox Interactive, Fullbright, Devolver Digital, and Blizzard are going to be there, too, so they'll all probably show something.

It's three hours long, no way it's not mostly filler

Just want a japanese PC E3 conference.

980Ti is out, there's your GPU. I don't understand why you wanted wait for expansions, it's not like the game is lacking content, game can last you a long time in its current state.

Oh, so I have to play the game to qualify? Yeah, not happening.

(1) 980Ti is not my GPU. It's 2gb of VRAM short. If Mordor (and a few other games require 4gb for ultra in 2014, I'm not going with 4-6gb as my upgrade).

(2) Since the content is not standalone season pass content like BioShock Infinite Burial at Sea, Alien Isolation's stuff, Mordor's stuff, etc. and seems more akin to the Dark Souls series DLC or the Fallout/Skyrim/Oblivion DLC, I will have no interest in doing it once I finish the game. I've found that in those instances, I do much better with having all the content there so I can access it whenever feels natural to me.

(3) Just spent 70 hours with The Witcher 2 -- I need a break from the universe for a bit.

wilflare

I put in 60-70 hours with the game, did 2 complete runthroughs, and I have a grand total of 4 saves on my hard disk and steam cloud.

I swear, you just TRY to make everything as difficult as you can so you can rant about it. ;)

Kind GAFers? They're few and far between... though a few did pop up when FreshVegemite was spreading lashman's lies about my birthday.

wait it was a LIE?
T_T i have been lost

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I just want an official word on the status of Lightning Returns for PC

j/k plz give Final Fantasy XII HD

It's everyone's Unbirthday!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crash Drive 2 -- MB-67193B1D2ACC2140 - Taken by dot. 1 entrants total.

t1433131630z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
both is good though

I'll literally buy anything released on Steam that's Final Fantasy, usually day one and full price. I'm thinking of picking up Heavensward even though I don't have an active sub to XIV nor a high level character. Yep, I'm a sucker.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like it'll be okay, but nothing to get excited about beforehand. Go in with low expectations and there's no way you'll be disappointed, right?

In terms of games, we're probably going to get repeats of games already shown at other conferences, mixed in with a couple of port announcements, hopefully. We might see Fallout 4. Maybe Square Enix will finally tell us when Lighting Returns will release, and they'll probably mention Deus Ex again. The developers behind Divinity: Original Sin are supposed to show off their new game during E3, so I suppose that'll be in there. Frictional Games is supposed to be there too, so there will probably be information about SOMA. Paradox Interactive, Fullbright, Devolver Digital, and Blizzard are going to be there, too, so they'll all probably show something.
I'm mostly expecting technical difficulties/mishaps because it's the first time there's a conference for this, so I guess I'm already in your camp.

I don't recognize some of those companies, I'll have to look up some of their output. Hopefully Devolver gets on Swery's dream game though. Blizzard I guess will just announce WoW/Hearthstone stuff, I don't expect any new IP from them. Didn't know the Divinity folks had another game in the works, I thought they were tied up with that update. I hope Square Enix ports more of their jrpgs (like FFX and X-2, or is there a reason why they've only been on Sony consoles?), but it's prob just going to be Eidos stuff.

It's three hours long, no way it's not mostly filler
Holy shit, really? Dang, they're going to drag it out to hell and back.

Same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom