• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kifimbo

Great OP, as usual.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Blast Em! -- MB-B53D902908F49886 - Taken by xGreg

Asgaro

It's nearly that time of the year... where people will fall into the TRAP.

2012-03-22.png

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Syberia II -- MB-D8BB5373E9AF2F64 - Taken by Shalashaska
Syberia -- MB-D1DE6F28CCE50F5F - Taken by Cyldman

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Nice giveaway, but that reminds me, has there been any word on Syberia III? Wasn't it supposed to be released this year?

Syberia III is supposed to release this year, yeah. The franchise's facebook page seems relatively up to date, and doesn't mention any changes in the release schedule. That said, the most recent mentions of the game are all related to different art exhibitions, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was pushed back to 2016.

Cyldman

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Cyldman:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cyldman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Culling of the Cows #2 -- MB-200C4162AB1BDDA3 - Taken by Madridista
The Culling of the Cows #3 -- MB-DE92397297987EF1 - Taken by Stumpokapow
The Culling of the Cows #1 -- MB-09AF25964D3F7F38 - Taken by texhnolyze

Pretty sure I am missing the pictures, but it's my first giveaway so whatever, and I don't care about Pm messages, just YOLO!

PykJEYp.png

Welcome to the June 2015 NeoGAF Steam thread! We mostly talk about Steam, but we also talk about other things.
Really nice OP there Mr. Schackles!
pQk5Pw1.png

SUPERHOT - uzzy
SUPERHOT is a first person shooter, developed by SUPERHOT Team. Playing as an unnamed agent fighting against enemies bent on killing you, you must work your way through a series of minimalist office blocks, fighting your way through your enemies with limited ammunition, with time as your only ally. Time moves only when you do.

SUPERHOT (and yes, you need to use all caps for this) looks really unique, using a fantastic minimalist aesthetic to great effect, and a colour pallet limited to red for enemies and bullet trails, black for guns and bullets, and white for everything else. But it's the defining mechanic that most makes the game interesting to me. As the developers succinctly put it, 'Time moves only when you do.' This turns what would otherwise be a straight forward FPS into a puzzle or strategy game, where you have to carefully plan out your movement to dodge bullets and take down your foes. SUPERHOT is the Matrix's bullet time, mixed with Mirror's Edge's colour style and Braid's puzzle mechanics. SUPERHOT is super hot.

fK9Pi8V.png

Universe Sandbox ² - jshackles
The original Universe Sandbox was great but really limited in scope. Essentially, it was a gravity simulator - which is cool because it let you do some amazing things and load some really cool cosmic "what if" scenarios. Universe Sandbox² expands on the original by adding in other factors such as plantary climate simulation, chemical simulations, stellar evolution, terraforming, dark matter simulations, and greatly improved collisions. If you were a fan of the original Universe Sandbox, you're going to want to pick this up.

While not a "game" in the traditional sense, the original game was fun to play around with. Even if you only have a cursory knowledge of planetary and stellar physics, there's a lot to do here as well. If you're like me and have a love of science and a deep understanding of astrophysics, you'll still find that Universe Sandbox² is a great way to concoct amzingly elaborate "what if" scenarios that produce detailed and visually stunning simulations. On top of all of that, Universe Sandbox² seems to be an even better teaching tool than the original game, which was released to schools for free. I found the original Universe Sandbox to be a great teaching tool for my high-school aged children, and with the bredth of content available in the new release it's easy to see how this could be used effectively in a classroom setting.
These are of very high interest to me. Nice write-ups people!
TNJTePu.jpg

• So when does the 'Winter/Spring/Summer/Autumn' sale start? This month you're in luck! It's set to start on the 11th. But usually, nobody fuckin knows!
1146.gif

They shoulda gone big like BvS or this one:

3RRB599.jpg

I mean the stakes are higher this time around sooooooo
Wow that is an awesome Bat-design. Looks like a freaking tank.
a new thread for my birthday? you shouldn't have jshacks....

it's tomorrow, but close enough
Happy
soon
birthday!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I dont know. When the game was released last year, almost "all" of SteamGAF were talking about it, how they like this rivalry system and that it could be a GOTY.
The rivalry stuff feels like a spreadsheet with some randomizers tossed in. It's amusing for a couple hours but gets very tiresome once it's shallowness becomes apparent.

The rivalry stuff feels like a spreadsheet with some randomizers tossed in. It's amusing for a couple hours but gets very tiresome once it's shallowness becomes apparent.

Yeah. Totally. I didnt really feel like it even had any impact on the gameplay itself. Just some enemies change and thats it.

Some little thoughts on Witcher after about 40 hours.

Game has a lot to offer but also a lot which has to be stomached at first. Characters, world and themes are the highlight. Mechanics not on the same level sadly. Signs are the most fun part about combat because they are so direct compared to swordplay. Latter is still ok, just feels to indirect for me.

That Vizima part - Chapters 2&3 - were just too long. It got tedious.
I like having side-quests but sadly many are just fetch this, kill x number of y monster. There are good ones though. Once in the Trade Quarters it also got harder to find new people to play Dice with. Makes sense since it's an illegal game which low-level citizens play but I like the game for real. One of the better mini-games, really.
I feel a bit of wear from doing almost every possible thing which is why I'll probably try to stick to main story from now on. I kinda want it to finish.

It got a lot better once I got to Chapter IV, the Lakeside. Just gorgeous! Why not earlier a change of scenery? Too much time was spent on Vizima which was cool at first but defo not for two chapters.
I also think the bg music in Vizima sucked balls. It really is amazing how the bg music in Ch.4 makes it more relaxing and fun to stroll and discover the map.
Good Lord I got sick of Vizima. Hope I won't have to return there.

Here some screens.

I'm still expecting the pc version to get delayed at the last minute.

Damn Steam sale is coming too soon, I still need to finish Witcher 3

Like we play the games we buy on sale. please...

It's nearly that time of the year... where people will fall into the TRAP.

2012-03-22.png

See?

Cliffhanger files for bankruptcy

Shadowrun Chronicles Dev Declares Bankruptcy - updated news states it should affect the game but obviously anything like this isnt great news.

Wasn't really that hopeful about that game in the first place.

Gods will be watching @ 75% discount

hmm jump in now or wait for the sale.........

Don't argue, The difference between 75% and 90% on a cheap game like that is just a few cents. Just get it. BTW I almost bought it. But it turns out I already own it. Can't keep track at this point.

I have a AMD 7950 3 gigs. Where would it fit on that chart? Isn't my card just rebranded as the 280?

Annubis

Second game finished this weekend! I'm on a roll!
I started and finished Bermuda.
The whole game is about 2 hours and is completely narrated (!).
I just put it on auto and listened to it.

It's not Shakespeare, but it was nice to have an indie VN that's fully voiced.
The VA-ing is actually decent too.

Jawmuncher

Not even Jurassic Worl lego tsk tsk.

----

W3 sure had me fooled in thinking when the end of the game was. Still have a ton of main quests to do.

Parsnip

i'd rolleyes.gif you but minus is ded

It's time to back your bags and move away from minus.

I actually went to minus frontpage yesterday for the first time after I backed up my galleries, and it was full of Asian ladies. For some reason.

LuuKyK

Someone from SteamGAF gifted me Syberia (sorry can't remember his/her name) and I am honestly surprised by it! I love the premise and the game is super atmospheric with very good voice acting. Enjoyed the little I played.

Someone from SteamGAF gifted me Syberia (sorry can't remember his/her name) and I am honestly surprised by it! I love the premise and the game is super atmospheric with very good voice acting. Enjoyed the little I played.

It is a good game. Kate Walker is something of a bitch, though.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's time to back your bags and move away from minus.

I actually went to minus frontpage yesterday for the first time after I backed up my galleries, and it was full of Asian ladies. For some reason.

they're just too many, it would take forever to move them somewhere else, so that's probably it for my zooey gifs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom