• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yesterday i got controller companion , it lets me use my desktop with a controller , im liking it very much atm , it also lets me play games that have configuration screens without having to use a mouse or keyboard so thats cool too

It's pretty nifty. Vegemite gifted it to me for my "birthday".

Popped into the XCOM 2 thread.

Someone is predicting five years until the death of the mouse + keyboard as the primary interface for PC gaming. And thus predicting the death of League of Legends, Dota 2, Counter Strike and all of the most popular PC games in the world.

Okay then.

I don't use kb/m for anything. If I played more RTS games, maybe I would, but for the rest of everything, I prefer a controller and see no reason to ever use a kb/m. As more and more "console peasants" convert to the "master race" they will bring their preferences for gamepad with them.

Death seems a bit of a hyperbole, but there's already enough of a gamepad contingency that controller support is pretty much expected of most major steam releases on Steam. Whether you like it or not, that's a different story...

Lunaniem

I was shocked by the number of Valve keys they were throwing out last night. It seemed like everyone ended up winning one. Alienware seems pretty serious about growing their Twitch stream.

I wish I knew about that stream last night, I would of totally joined in again to get all future Valve games.

wilflare

okay some questions - not checking in daily means I just caught up on like 7+ pages of 100ppp

(1) Is Steam Link/Controller open to anyone outside USA? (maybe I should just wait for them to appear on Amazon.com)

(2) Cities: Skylines on GMG VIP - but I guess Nuuvem is still cheaper :/ Did you guys get the CE version?

(3) FFXIV Heavensward Digital CE - searched my emails - seems like GMG still has the cheapest price on this? thinking on jumping in for the pre-order bonuses

general question - what have I missed?
Alienware Twitch where the whole of SteamGAF won
lashman leaving (I miss that guy, I actually read his posts :/)
morningbus getting a tag
Dark Souls 3 outcry?
New Witcher 3 patch

anything else?

iosefe

It's pretty nifty. Vegemite gifted it to me for my "birthday".

I don't use kb/m for anything. If I played more RTS games, maybe I would, but for the rest of everything, I prefer a controller and see no reason to ever use a kb/m. As more and more "console peasants" convert to the "master race" they will bring their preferences for gamepad with them.

Death seems a bit of a hyperbole, but there's already enough of a gamepad contingency that controller support is pretty much expected of most major steam releases on Steam. Whether you like it or not, that's a different story...

you pre-ordering a Steam Controller?

Lunaniem

(3) FFXIV Heavensward Digital CE - searched my emails - seems like GMG still has the cheapest price on this? thinking on jumping in for the pre-order bonuses

Do know that if you have the Steam version of reg FFXIV, you have to buy Heavensward on Steam as well due to them considering Steam and non-Steam as 2 separate platforms.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm perfectly happy with my DS4s, so no.
But hey, if it helps kb/m users come to the enlightened age of gamepads, that's fine by me. :D

More like the gateway drug for controller scrubs to realize there's a much better way of controlling their games out there.

Now now you two, let's wait for the idea to flop before we all laugh and go back to our camps and war again.

I pre-ordered just for the curiosity. If it doesn't work out for me, at least I can throw it at Gamestop I guess? Or use it for a hacking project or something? At least it's giving me the Link as well so I can mess about with that in some Raspberry Pi project I guess?

bakeray

I'm on the fence about getting the controller, but I'm taking a bunch of stuff to gamestop tomorrow to trade in since it's 50% extra so we'll see how much credit I get.

Gonna end up with $50 or $100 steam card for the sale, it it's $100 I may get the controller, too.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm on the fence about getting the controller, but I'm taking a bunch of stuff to gamestop tomorrow to trade in since it's 50% extra so we'll see how much credit I get.

Gonna end up with $50 or $100 steam card for the sale, it it's $100 I may get the controller, too.

Note, if you're going to the Steam wallet route: You need MORE than the $100 asking price for shipping and handling. That kinda threw me for a loop since I'm so used to not having to pay digital sales tax and didn't factor that in.

I'll have to get another $20 card for sale time this week.

Now now you two, let's wait for the idea to flop before we all laugh and go back to our camps and war again.

I pre-ordered just for the curiosity. If it doesn't work out for me, at least I can throw it at Gamestop I guess? Or use it for a hacking project or something? At least it's giving me the Link as well so I can mess about with that in some Raspberry Pi project I guess?

I'll admit I've been known to use a controller from time to time, no harm no foul.

This was my plan as well but I ended up buying a new DSi for $45

wilflare

Do know that if you have the Steam version of reg FFXIV, you have to buy Heavensward on Steam as well due to them considering Steam and non-Steam as 2 separate platforms.

wait no - what's this
so if you have Steam FFXIV and you have Heavensward elsewhere... you are screwed?

derExperte

Go ahead and stop using kb/m, y'all. Maybe then I'll be able to get my k/d ratio up to 1 again in a competitive shooter. Also according to SWERY D4 should be played with a mouse. Superiority confirmed yet again.

And maybe it's time to stop refreshing Groupees. BM20 ain't happening.

maty

I prefer the gamepad as well for everything but FPS and a few TPS (I don't play many strategy games). I recently 100% Lovely Planet and I believe it would be impossible to do the latter levels with a gamepad.

For any action-adventure game or platformers (my favorite genre), 2D or 3D, a controller is a must.

Hopefully I can get my hands on the steam controller (and a DS4 whenever I get the console ) but since importing stuff in Argentina is quite difficult right now, I'll have to wait until someone travels to the US and brings it for me.

Kagemusha

Go ahead and stop using kb/m, y'all. Maybe then I'll be able to get my k/d ratio up to 1 again in a competitive shooter.

And maybe it's time to stop refreshing Groupees. BM20 ain't happening.

server blew up, last time that happened it took them 12 hours to recover.

So many giveaways when I was asleep, damn!
Yo just what's going on in the XCOM 2 thread?

The world's biggest games are fish in the pond? Writing on the wall? What?
Console player salty af.
Popped into the XCOM 2 thread.

Someone is predicting five years until the death of the mouse + keyboard as the primary interface for PC gaming. And thus predicting the death of League of Legends, Dota 2, Counter Strike and all of the most popular PC games in the world.

Okay then.
Yep

Go ahead and stop using kb/m, y'all. Maybe then I'll be able to get my k/d ratio up to 1 again in a competitive shooter. Also according to SWERY D4 should be played with a mouse. Superiority confirmed yet again.

Those guys in the matches of CS:GO where I was MVP using a controller probably would've had aneurysms if they only knew... they'd never play the game again, the shame would be too great.

This was my plan as well but I ended up buying a new DSi for $45

Whyyyyyyyyy?

Also, as far as I can tell, Grow Home via uPlay store is uPlay key only:
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Grow_Home

the first 4 bosses beaten in Titan Souls now (played the demo so I knew how to beat 3 of them already)...I'll play more tomorrow when I have more time

Eila

bakeray

Note, if you're going to the Steam wallet route: You need MORE than the $100 asking price for shipping and handling. That kinda threw me for a loop since I'm so used to not having to pay digital sales tax and didn't factor that in.

I'll have to get another $20 card for sale time this week.
Good looks, didn't even think about this.

They decided to wait, since D4 is draining everyone's wallets today. No room for a half-decent bundle~

D4 can wait until at least the start of the sale so I get a card for the purchase -- that is if I can figure out what the hell is supposed to be and why people are nuts for it.

Hopefully it's not Hatoful all over again. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom