• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroom 11 is a puzzle platformer where you move your amorphous blob around the level by shaving or destroying parts of it forcing it to regrow in the direction you are trying to move. Thankfully it regrows almost as fast as you can destroy it , I assume it's powered by photosynthesis, nuclear fallout or just magic.

The game contains seven large levels set in a post-apocalyptic world and in a twist you move right to left on screen which takes a little getting used to! Each levels contains multiple puzzles like climbing stairs, riding rotating metal bars, an Indiana Jones cart sequence to running ahead of rolling balls creating bridges with your blob so it can pass by. There is plenty of inventiveness here and many of the puzzles in the last two levels are quite demanding.

The control system couldn't be simpler, left click to destroy a large part of the blob, right click a small part. Sadly here is the only weakness in the game, as the blob randomly respawns when you eat away at it some of the tougher puzzles are more trial and error and just plain frustration instead of fun.

Beautifully presented, Mushroom 11 is a very good game only let down by a control system that can't quite keep up with it's demands at times.

I didn't have a big issue with this. Thanks to the generous distribution of checkpoints and the fact I was never stuck on a puzzle for long.

I didn't have a big issue with this. Thanks to the generous distribution of checkpoints and the fact I was never stuck on a puzzle for long.

Maybe I'm overstating it a little, the only two I had to walk away from were riding and steering the rocket across a large gap and the first time you have to build a bridge for the rolling ball.

yuraya

wow @ that RX 480 price...

Console gaming is starting to lag really far behind PC. PC gamers are getting a 9 teraflop card for 600$ and a 5.5 teraflop card for 200$ in a matter of days/weeks.

And then you have so many people hyped up for some hypothetical rumored late 2017 console that comes with 6 teraflops. A console whose games are all being pushed to windows 10 anyways. Nvidia will probably have a 15 teraflop gpu out by the time the Scorpio comes out. And the PS Neo @ 4 teraflops will already be outdated the second it releases later this year. People in these console wars are so obsessed with power, resolution and framerates..why not just be a PC gamer? I just don't get some of the threads in gaming side sometimes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

wow @ that RX 480 price...

Console gaming is starting to lag really far behind PC. PC gamers are getting a 9 teraflop card for 600$ and a 5.5 teraflop card for 200$ in a matter of days/weeks.

And then you have so many people hyped up for some hypothetical rumored late 2017 console that comes with 6 teraflops. A console whose games are all being pushed to windows 10 anyways. Nvidia will probably have a 15 teraflop gpu out by the time the Scorpio comes out. And the PS Neo @ 4 teraflops will already be outdated the second it releases later this year. People in these console wars are so obsessed with power, resolution and framerates..why not just be a PC gamer? I just don't get some of the threads in gaming side sometimes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can't play PC games on a couch, though.

3070658-1.png

this is a real sega survey

the end is fucking nigh

Disney would be ok so long its Wreak-it Ralph.

Maybe I'm overstating it a little, the only two I had to walk away from were riding and steering the rocket across a large gap and the first time you have to build a bridge for the rolling ball.

I take it you haven't tried the vertical path, where you have to deal with steering two rockets simultaneously? That one I walked away from, thankfully it's wholly optional.

dex3108

Take 2 has huge booth at E3 (they took EAs place) and they have Mafia 2, WWE and NBA and Civilization VI to release. Get ready for Red Dead announcement SteamGAF xD

I take it you haven't tried the vertical path, where you have to deal with steering two rockets simultaneously? That one I walked away from, thankfully it's wholly optional.

I did ride both straight up initially but only found a DNA thingy. Didn't realise there was a shortcut up there!

Knurek

You can't play PC games on a couch, though.

There's also driver updates bricking the systems, constant viruses/trojans infecting your PC, not to mention the fact that your $5000 gaming PC is outdated the minute you turn it on, requiring another $2500 purchase in components each three months.

Aw thanks for a new thread on my birthday guys, I really appreciate it. I'll try and put together a giveaway later today.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Gear Score" in The Division is a great dick measuring tool, I'm so glad they added it. I love being kicked from groups just because of my small score. Thanks Obama Ubi.

There's also driver updates bricking the systems, constant viruses/trojans infecting your PC, not to mention the fact that your $5000 gaming PC is outdated the minute you turn it on, requiring another $2500 purchase in components each three months.

I almost forgot about those points. Man, PC gamers are suckers.

Aw thanks for a new thread on my birthday guys, I really appreciate it. I'll try and put together a giveaway later today.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Gear Score" in The Division is a great dick measuring tool, I'm so glad they added it. I love being kicked from groups just because of my small score. Thanks Obama Ubi.

Happy birthday!
Do you have / want Rocket League?

https://www.gog.com/news/introducing_gog_connect

Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.
Today, we're launching a new program called GOG Connect. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, GOG
Connect gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.
The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

Sadly, it's not working yet.

sheaaaa

Nah I had trouble with the controls as well. Or maybe the game design. Found myself too often just erasing little bits of my blob just to get the other end across a pit, or up an obstacle. Felt like a chore, cause I already knew the "solution" to the puzzle and was just struggling with the controls trying to get my blob to the correct place.

I put the game down somewhere near the end when I had to clamber over little pegs hovering over lava. Didn't feel like the controls were good enough for me to finish that in any way skilfully.

I think this is a great solution for those that want DRM-free and Steam copies plus developers won't worry about their game keys being sold in any third party marketplaces.

Deques

Nice feature, but there's a way to get a Steam key out of your GOG games?

As it is now, it's one way only: Steam->GOG

What if people buy game on Steam, linked it to GOG, and then refund the game on Steam?

If it works, people would be able to abuse it for free games.

That's why we can't have good things. But I hope that GOG has something that counters this abuse

Hektor

Win10 Apps don't work for me anymore. They just start and are stuck in an infinite loading/ freeze or they crash after a few seconds. But only apps (like music, xbox or the store itself), not proper software.

€: Fixed it

Ludens

Banned
Umh, the thing is broken, it shows I'm not eligible for any game, while I know for sure I have some, like Saints Row 2, VVVVVV, Trine, Broken Sword and many others actually :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom