• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulSane

Woot, it appears to be working now! This is my first giveaway, i hope i haven't messed up anything.
Anyway, this giveaway is a token of gratitude to all you awesome people in the steam threads i've had a pleasure to read posts of for the past couple of months.
I would really like to give something other than bundle stuff, but since i live in Russia, i'm not sure there is another easy way for me to get a hold of steam keys for other regions, not to mention i'm not exactly a very rich person :p

ModBot 3 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PaulSane, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Read Only Memories -- MB-B03368A20C37D528 - Taken by Delicious Waffles. 8 entrants total.
Cibele -- MB-4CA625131073F1FB - Taken by corrosivefrost. 18 entrants total.
Her Story -- MB-CB85E57DAB28220F - Taken by Endruen. 13 entrants total.

t1464802700z1.png

Saty

Please tell me this is 24: The Game released on PC so i can relive the mission that got my brother the most livid playing a video game i've ever seen him. To the point of throwing stuff at me. To be fair i was sitting next to him all the time laughing my ass off as he fails again and again this most awful chase sequence in history.

Buraindo

Started Wolfenstein: The New Order. 5 hours in, game's been a whole lot of fun. Gameplay, graphics, soundtrack and voice acting have all been pretty good so far. Runs extremely well too, constant 60 fps on my ageing PC is not something I expected going into it.

Also finished Deus Ex again after a long time. Surprised how well the game holds after all these years. Now to play Invisible War for the first time.

That's really nice.

Started Wolfenstein: The New Order. 5 hours in, game's been a whole lot of fun. Gameplay, graphics, soundtrack and voice acting have all been pretty good so far. Runs extremely well too, constant 60 fps on my ageing PC is not something I expected going into it.

Also finished Deus Ex again after a long time. Surprised how well the game holds after all these years. Now to play Invisible War for the first time.

That's really nice.

Wolfenstein TNO is a lot of fun, and The Old Blood is even better.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
GOG Connect seems cool, I hardly ever double dip on stuff on GOG unless it's free so this is right up my alley. However, I think it's choking on my Steam account (maybe it's just wonky in general) but I've been trying to get it to connect for about 10 minutes now and it won't.

I own all the eligible games on Steam besides The Witness, so having DRM free copies would be nice.

The extra bonus is that GOG does really well scaling it's bundles based on games you already own (on GOG) and more often than not I'll pass up on a lot of those deals just because it ends up not being worth it for me because it means I'll have to re-buy games I already own on Steam.

Here's hoping that can continue expanding their offering going forward.

madjoki

That's not true. I just beat the game playing off an HDD and it ran fine throughout.

This is my experience.

Out of interest What kind of HDD you have?

GOG Connect seems cool, I hardly ever double dip on stuff on GOG unless it's free so this is right up my alley. However, I think it's choking on my Steam account (maybe it's just wonky in general) but I've been trying to get it to connect for about 10 minutes now and it won't.

Yeah, doesn't work for me either. "No eligible games" or error is all I get despite owning most.

Tomasety

This is my experience.

Out of interest What kind of HDD you have?

Yeah, doesn't work for me either. "No eligible games" or error is all I get despite owning most.

I suspect it has trouble parsing accounts with too many games owned. I don't have that many and I get the same error.

It would be nice to know people who got it worked how many games they have on their steam library,

JarrodL

Can I put ModBot on ignore or is that, like, frowned upon? I never enter giveaways and so they're just clogging the thread for me.

data

Oh boy, GOG Connect could be a huge lifesaver. I always fear that Steam will one day close down and I'll lose access to my games. Having them DRM Free is amazing. For free even. Damn

gngf123

Also getting a "WE COULDN'T REACH THE STEAM SERVICE RIGHT NOW" error from GOG Connect.

It's a really good idea though, once the technical problems have been ironed out and more games are added I think it'll be really useful.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Oh boy, GOG Connect could be a huge lifesaver. I always fear that Steam will one day close down and I'll lose access to my games. Having them DRM Free is amazing. For free even. Damn

You'll only be saving a handful of games from that fate, but a handful is better than none, I suppose.

Endruen

You can get the same result buying from Humble Bundle. Most of the games come with a Steam key and a DRM version.

Ludens

Banned
Anyway the GOG Connect thing is exactly what I suggested to GOG guys before they launched Witcher 3, in order to provide to Steam users a copy without the problem of giving them spare GOG keys to gift or sell.
So soon or later Witcher 3 will come for free for Steam users, I bet.

Anyway the GOG Connect thing is exactly what I suggested to GOG guys before they launched Witcher 3, in order to provide to Steam users a copy without the problem of giving them spare GOG keys to gift or sell.
So soon or later Witcher 3 will come for free for Steam users, I bet.

That's the opposite of what GOG Connect is, though.

Ludens

Banned
Also guys remember, if you want to play Saints Row 2, the GOG version should be better than the Steam one, since GOG patched some issues out when the game released on GOG.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of PaulSane, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PaulSane, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Read Only Memories -- MB-B03368A20C37D528 - Taken by Delicious Waffles. 8 entrants total.

t1464802686z1.png

ModBot 2

Not a Mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of PaulSane, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Read Only Memories was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Cibele was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Her Story was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1464802700z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom