• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I they ever announce Beyond Good & Evil 2 I think I'll have to get the first one to see why everyone loves it so much.

Edit: Welp, Ubisoft doesn't sell the game in Chile.

Valve's method of implementing local currency support could be better. Instead of a sub being removed should a publisher not update pricing, it should just auto-convert to a 1:1 price based on the exchange rate of the time. E.g. In the case of BG&E, USD$9.99 -> CLP$6,752. Converting to a price based on Steam's recommended conversion rates would be ideal, but that's probably expecting too much as some publishers would undoubtedly complain that titles they ignored converted to too low a price without their knowledge/say-so.

Adnor

Banned
Valve's method of implementing local currency support could be better. Instead of a sub being removed should a publisher not update pricing, it should just auto-convert to a 1:1 price based on the exchange rate of the time. E.g. In the case of BG&E, USD$9.99 -> CLP$6,752. Converting to a price based on Steam's recommended conversion rates would be ideal, but that's probably expecting too much as some publishers would undoubtedly complain that titles they ignored converted to too low a price without their knowledge/say-so.

They should have done that and add the chilean currency when the US dolar was CLP$460 instead of almost CLP$700 :p

unless the last ones were a failure for valve (which they didn't seem to be by steamspy data), you will never see dailies again.

Ah, right, I remember someone saying that removing dailies had proven to be a successful move. That's a shame, they were a sort exciting and fun surprise each time.

tmarg

I wouldn't mind so much if they still did events during the sales, but now there is basically no reason to check the store after the first day. It used to be a fun couple of weeks, now it's interesting for about half an hour.

Shame. I feel like dailies were a good way for more exposure to smaller and more niche titles.
While it probably did make for better exposure for some indies I think removing dailies is still a positive for them. Indie games are usually the games that most people wait for sales for(at least from my experience), with no dailies people will never have to question whether an indie title will go for lower at another time during the sale. This leads to more people outright buying the indie title instead of waiting for a daily and/or forgetting about it during the sale.

Nabs

I'm sure the numbers look fine, but I do miss the daily deals. The last Summer sale was probably the best sale for me in 4 or so years. I haven't bought much during sales since.

dex3108

I think that best Sale for me was Treasure Hunt one (i don't remember what year that was). I didn't get the TF2 hat but it was fun to try :D

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Well, they're still doing the cards so at the very least we can expect to be forced to go through our discovery queues again.

You guys like survival games and F2P titles, right?

Huh. I wonder if I'll actually be able to sell the cards with the no-phone trade hold I have. Maybe that's why the sale is going to be slightly longer this year? Won't matter for anything got at the end though, I guess.

Lain

Yeah no daily deals is such a bummer. If it makes sales less unhealthy to keep up with, it also makes them less exciting.
All that's left is hoping for a good game. After last year's clicker, what will they have this year to drop madness and drama on the community?

I have Zero interest in that game.

:<
BETRAY BETRAY BETRAY
Jz8VG.gif

Knurek

I just love the fact that the 3DS version of Mega Man Legacy Collection has a steam_appid.txt file on cartridge.
Just screams of quality control. It's almost like the game is an equivalent of Criterion collection for games.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Baloonatic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Her Story -- MB-4522C68635E2D7DD - Taken by Purkake4
Cibele -- MB-9D3D133FABDE9D8B - Taken by septicore
Shantae: Risky's Revenge Director's Cut -- MB-9152B7878DAED89A - Taken by Loptous

Have a few more giveaways to do, next one in about 12 hours probably.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Edit: Welp, Ubisoft doesn't sell the game in Chile.
Does GOG have it in Chile? They have it and their summer sale is on right now. Ubisoft usually puts its stuff on sale sale so it'll probably be on sale soon. Right now it's the PoP bundle tho.

zkylon

zkylewd
saw the warcraft movie thing

i laughed my butt off

Probably not. Don't worry, I can attest that you are not a scrub, and I'm the mighty Kurt Russell.

i totally concede i'm pretty bad at overwatch but i'm kind of weirded out at being singled out cos i don't think i do that awful and also haven't played with grief at all?

idk what's going on or why ppl were talking about me -___-

Less than an hour for that space game on the front page.
many thanks, haven't played many space sim games before so i'm curious how i'm gonna feel about it

Sarcasm

I think I hid behind a counter during the chase. It was easy, the cops never came into the store.

They lose me within seconds. I tried hiding in a gas station. I blocked the entrance to Marty's place and tried to keep them searching.

Guess armoured truck chase is the way to go?

derExperte

I miss the thrill of the dailies but looking at my ever growing wishlist and how many games get released I don't think the old system works anymore, even if I personally would curate the sale, exclude all anime, general trash and Alan Wake it would be impossible to get through everything. Maybe what GOG now does where once a daily it stays at that price with more frequent updates like every six hours?

tbf you didn't want a kindle anyways

The current Paperwhite is excellent. Still can't motivate myself to read more but when I do it's great.

Adnor

Banned
Does GOG have it in Chile? They have it and their summer sale is on right now. Ubisoft usually puts its stuff on sale sale so it'll probably be on sale soon. Right now it's the PoP bundle tho.

Will keep an eye on GOG then, thanks.

zkylon

zkylewd
btw scrubmaster zkylon still having fun playing with gaffers and getting carried by kurt russell hit me up at zkylon#1248 yea yea let's play some overwatch

Lain

I started playing Demonicon. The screens posted in the past made it look as if the incest was coming from the brother, but it's the sister who goes and tongues Cairon out of the blue. It surprised me.

Another thing that surprised me is the game's performance. With everything maxed I was dropping from 100ish to 40fps while moving the camera around in the first city hub. Considering how little details there are and how graphically the game isn't anything to write home about, I expected the game hold 60+ fps like nothing on an i5 2500k+970.
The game is also res locked, not going higher than 1080p even though I have DSR activated.

Gameplay wise, the fighting feels sluggish and janky, the UI leaves a lot to be desired, the character models are kind of ugly and damn them for the fonts for the subtitles! No backdrop shade either to make those subs easier to read.

So, basically, the only interesting thing in all this seems to be the incest angle.
Since I bought the Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY from the Origin sale to get the DLC for my copy of the game, maybe I should go play that one instead.

Deques

They lose me within seconds. I tried hiding in a gas station. I blocked the entrance to Marty's place and tried to keep them searching.

Guess armoured truck chase is the way to go?

When hiding behind the counter you should also try to kill a cop so the wanted thing doesn't go away

Tizoc

So for those unaware, rumor is there is a Berserk Musou game from Omega Force/KOEI Tecmo in the works
Omega Force is revealing their new game soon and many are suspecting it to be based on Berserk.
Which is a shame because Berserk of all series deserves a good freakin' PC game.

Sarcasm

When hiding behind the counter you should also try to kill a cop so the wanted thing doesn't go away

Yea I was popping in and out.

Armoured truck worked far better. Loaded Chapter 7 and right at the intersection was one. Got in ran over a few police. Killed some more with it and a couple hid by their car and took pot shots at me. Got it ten minutes later afking there lol.

Durante

According to SteamSpy, Sakura Dungeon has more than twice as many owners as Stranger of Sword City. Sakura Dungeon.

Yes, there's a significant price difference, but this is totally unacceptable. Make Steam great again, buy Stranger of Sword City.

According to SteamSpy, Sakura Dungeon has more than twice as many owners as Stranger of Sword City. Sakura Dungeon.

Yes, there's a significant price difference, but this is totally unacceptable. Make Steam great again, buy Stranger of Sword City.

Okay I'll take a l...30 bucks AFTER discount?! How about Sakura...20 bucks?

...Looking at those games just makes me wonder if I shouldn't give Legend of Grimrock another try.

Lain

Sakura Dungeon has naked girls in it, does Stranger? Probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom