• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp1990

Banned
I usually don't expect much from EA conferences, but this one was especially bad. Well, at least the Titanfall 2 trailer was nice, though I don't think the MP will be my thing.

EDIT: I hope you guys don't mind comments about E3 shows here ><

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
01aaaf9986cbcbb424c31b1ffae90f19_100_100.png

I'm just so sick of it already :(

yuraya

I don't think EA could have disappointed me more. They literally had nothing. What is it now..3 years in a row they show some concept art and behind the scenes making of footage for Mass Effect? Wtf. That game isn't coming until 2018.

Also the 3 second footage of a 2018 SW game..come on bruh. smh.

hohoXD123

I don't think EA could have disappointed me more. They literally had nothing. What is it now..3 years in a row they show some concept art and behind the scenes making of footage for Mass Effect? Wtf. That game isn't coming until 2018.

Lack of ME info was disappointing, hopefully there's something more at the MS/Sony conferences. On the other hand Titanfall 2 looked pretty great, and there should be a lot of BF1 gameplay footage soon.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Baloonatic, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Baloonatic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition -- MB-1F8EDE8263EB8A42 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 10 entrants total.
Ace Combat Assault Horizon -- MB-BFED280AA6290954 - Taken by roadrunn3r. 11 entrants total.
Ridge Racer Unbounded Bundle -- MB-40A86D57ABECDB2E - Taken by Ludens. 7 entrants total.
Platformines -- MB-C4021B4825BC11DB - Taken by Alien8. 4 entrants total.
Beware Planet Earth! -- MB-51974F919FCA419C - Taken by neonglow. 3 entrants total.
Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Premium Edition -- MB-B8947A2D6884F918 - Taken by TetraxShards. 22 entrants total.
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX Plus -- MB-72BC998F371FF133 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 8 entrants total.

t1465769979z1.png

BHK3

Banned

Its the same with ubisoft. You got your usual shootan games, your artsy game and your sport games. It all depends on what appeals to you.

Uzzy

As I keep saying, E3 is for the latest in repetitive AAA trash that all this marketing money says you'll get excited about.

Once you detach yourself from that paradigm you'll have a much fuller gaming experience.

Mivey

How did they pronounce that? "Eff-E?" "Fee?" "Iron?"
Like Fez, but without the z.

Also, Origin is kind of okay these days. Doesn't give me any trouble, installs shit when it needs to. Sure it is not as overloaded with needless features like Steam and it doesn't have the same clunky UI, but it just does what it needs to and then leaves me alone. I guess if it shoved some trading cards into my face it would be actually perfect, but hey, that's what Steam is for.

derExperte

Like Fez, but without the z.

Also, Origin is kind of okay these days. Doesn't give me any trouble, installs shit when it needs to. Sure it is not as overloaded with needless features like Steam and it doesn't have the same clunky UI, but it just does what it needs to and then leaves me alone. I guess if it shoved some trading cards into my face it would be actually perfect, but hey, that's what Steam is for.

How would you handle a library of hundreds of games on Origin? Doesn't even let you just display a list, that thing is from the stone age (built in browser feels like it's IE6) and gets obliterated by Uplay, Ubi at least still updates their client.

Mivey

How would you handle a library of hundreds of games on Origin? Doesn't even let you just display a list, that thing is from the stone age (built in browser feels like it's IE6) and gets obliterated by Uplay, Ubi at least still updates their client.
That problem is solved by the fact that the only games worth having on that store are EA games, of which only really 20 - 30 come into close consideration of ever being bought. (Also, I think EA updated the UI a little: I remember details like scroll bars looking terrible and in the newest version they look consistent and not eye watering, so something changed)

My point was that the client is harmless and functional enough for the few interesting EA games that come out once every few years (the new Mirrors Edge, Unravel ...). I'm not saying that it should, could or has to replace Steam.

Khronico

ME Andromeda looks interesting, cautiously optimistic (would like to see some dialogue and role playing stuff).

Titanfall 2 looks neat, I'll play that for sure.

Battlefield 1 looks really good, definitely getting that.

The conference was a lot better when you just watched the trailers.

Volimar

Elder Scrolls Online has been churning out new stuff for quite a while. I think The Dark Brotherhood is their latest content. I don't see whay they'd need E3 to announce an expansion unless they don't have anything else to show. Also,

DON'T TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME!

Grief.exe

Really excited for Andromeda

Most of the talent is gone at this point, it will be targeted at the mainstream so the majority of the RPG elements will be watered down to unrecognizable levels, and the writing will be mediocre and hamfisted at best.

Reality check.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Elder Scrolls Online has been churning out new stuff for quite a while. I think The Dark Brotherhood is their latest content. I don't see whay they'd need E3 to announce an expansion unless they don't have anything else to show. Also,

DON'T TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME!
ESO is great, very underrated

Tellaerin

Most of the talent is gone at this point, it will be targeted at the mainstream so the majority of the RPG elements will be watered down to unrecognizable levels, and the writing will be mediocre and hamfisted at best.

Reality check.

You're really becoming a cynic in your old age, Grief. :s

mp1990

Banned
Do you guys think Dark Soul's price will go any lower during the Summer Sale than it is right now (75% off)? If not, I'll grab it straight away, been looking forward to try it out for months now.

Tizoc

Do you guys think Dark Soul's price will go any lower during the Summer Sale than it is right now (75% off)? If not, I'll grab it straight away, been looking forward to try it out for months now.

Can't tell
Here's my suggestion
Guy the game as a gift and don't redeem to your account. Should you see it go for cheaper during the Summer Sale ask for a refund.

Lomax

It's 75% off, at most you might get 80% off during the summer sale (which would save you a dollar), but it will probably be the same. If you'll play it now, you may as well go ahead and get it. If it's just going to sit, you may as well wait. It's 75% off these days pretty often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom